It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lordy, They're Going to Have Witnesses

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The Senate just voted, 55 to 45, to call witnesses in Donald Trump's impeachment trial.

Trump's legal team is threatening to call 100 witnesses! Some Democrats are threatening to subpoena Donald Trump.

In my opinion, senators voted in favor of witnesses because of the question "What did President Trump know and when did he know it". Trump's defense team disregarded and the Democrats withdrew Mike Lee's statement to reporters that Trump accidentally called him looking for Tommy Tuberville. According to Tuberville, he told Trump at around 2:15 that Mike Pence was being taken out. So now, that needs to be part of the official record and testimony needs to be taken.

Democrats are also suggesting they may subpoena Secret Service communications, that most probably would have informed the president of the VP's situation even before that phone call. It really is inconceivable that the Secret Servie wasn't keeping the president updated on the situation.

Then, there's the new revelation of McCarthy's conversation with Trump, begging him to tweet to his follows and call off the attack.

“When McCarthy finally reached the president on January 6 and asked him to publicly and forcefully call off the riot, the president initially repeated the falsehood that it was antifa that had breached the Capitol," Herrera Beutler said in her statement.

"McCarthy refuted that and told the president that these were Trump supporters. That’s when, according to McCarthy, the president said: ‘Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are,'" the statement added.

thehill.com...

www.rawstory.com...
www.politico.com...

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Awesome, let me know what happens since I know you cannot look away.

I've got some # to do on Valheim Sookie, let me know how your Trump addiction goes later tonight, lemme know how the whole thang moved ya.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
lemme know as they say, lemme know

+33 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Trump offered the mayor the use of the National Guard BEFORE the rally. That proves Trump did not 'intend' to incite an insurrection. The House must prove intent and they can't.

Case closed.

edit on 2/13/2021 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The only relevant witnesses are those who can confirm or deny the single impeachment charge:

"Did President Trump incite an insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on January 6th?"

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I hope they figure out a way to squeeze in some Election Integrity experts. President Trump wasn't just talking for the heck of it, when he warned about a rigged election.

Even today, a whopping 42% of Americans believe Joe Biden cheated to win.
edit on 2/13/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Trump offered the mayor the use of the National Guard BEFORE the rally. That proves Trump did not 'intend' to incite an insurrection. The House must prove intent and they can't.

Case closed.

The DC Mayor has no authority over the Capitol or Capitol Police or its policing. The DC Mayor, as I understand, did decline the National Guard in the city streets in preparation for Jan 6th.

edit on 13-2-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I hope they figure out a way to squeeze in some Election Integrity experts. President Trump wasn't just talking for the heck of it, when he warned about a rigged election.

Even today, a whopping 42% of Americans believe Joe Biden cheated to win.

This may be the window they use to talk more about it. They poked at it a tiny bit before. Once again, you'd think they'd want to do all the audits and clear the air instead of fighting tooth and nail for every scrap of data to be hidden.

I'm sure the commies will bring in every 4th party witness to talk about how they interpret "peaceful" to mean war etc.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

this tickles me. What did he know? He knew he had asked a whole sh!t load of folks to come to DC to hear him talk. And during that talk, he said something about peacefully going to have their voices heard.

If you or anyone can list where he asked for folks to break things and hurt cops, I'd be all over his .....punishment?
If you can't find his words saying that, then wait for it........he didn't say it. So even if the idiots who did break things claim "Trump told them to come", that in itself doesn't equal "Trump told me to hurt cops and break things". I feel like that is where the disconnect lies, and what with you having a raging case of TDS, it's likely you won't be able to see it.

But I am happy to have witnesses called. Only then will we get the true picture on who knew what and when. I can't wait to get Pelosi on the stand and see how she answers those questions.

Good Luck Sookie! I hope you get everything you want. (Even if Trump is found guilty, the worst that will happen is he will be removed, and well, he's already gone, so there is that. maybe he will be told he can't run again, and he will have to use his support to help his Son Don Jr, be president. I'd like that, and I'm sure you would as well. Again, GOOD LUCK!

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Gosh though ... how much easier to call in ready help from the Nat. Guard if they had been right there in DC that day instead of not even deployed?

Let's see ... I'm in the Capitol building and people are trying to force their way in and we have National Guard standing guard a few blocks over ... as opposed to no Nat. Guard anywhere ready to go.

Not only that, but if you're someone thinking about forcing your way into the building, how much less likely are you to do it if you know those Nat. Guard troops are standing there a few blocks away?

This is like the Benghazi rationale to not scramble anyone to help because it would take hours ... well, if they'd had the Guard in DC as was offered, it would have taken minutes.
edit on 13-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I can't wait to get Pelosi on the stand and see how she answers those questions.

What questions would you like to see Nancy Pelosi asked and answer?

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Get over it the attack was in 83 last months party was nothing

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The vice president and president are always taken away from any conflict swiftly, even though it is not a real threat. That practice has been going on for centuries.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, let them call in the DC Mayor and ask her why she didn't want the National Guard lining city streets, just in case Trump incited a riotous insurrection.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

This is pure political theater. Of course they are going to call witnesses and drag this out as long as possible, because politicians are attention whores.

God forbid, they actually accomplish something positive for the country instead of wasting their time politically grandstanding.

One would think that if Trump was so horrible then he wouldn't be able to get elected again, so why the need to ban him from running for office?

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
At this point, they know 100% that the vote is to acquit. Any further show of this (and in reality the whole thing) is/was just an attempt to upset and incite violence from the left rather than acknowledge it had not chance from the get go. So I guess that is their goal.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The vice president and president are always taken away from any conflict swiftly, even though it is not a real threat. That practice has been going on for centuries.

Sheldon Whitehouse has asserted that Trump's lawyer lied when he said that Trump was never informed Pence was in danger. I believe Trump's lawyer here. Pence was never really in danger, therefore the president wasn't informed of said danger, because the VP always has a battalion of armed Secret Service agents and tons of protocol that prevents him from being as close to harm as they would like us to believe.

edit on 13-2-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Obviously, my point goes to proving intent. Trump intended for there be law and order and for the Capitol to be secure.

edit on 2/13/2021 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Obviously, my point goes to proving intent. Trump intended for there be law and order and for the Capitol to be secure.

QFT. This is the plain truth of the matter.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The only relevant witnesses are those who can confirm or deny the single impeachment charge:

"Did President Trump incite an insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on January 6th?"

Chucky Schumer said Trump incited an erection - let's put him on the witness stand.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join