It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm afraid this will happen in America soon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79
Not true.

What's flowing inside the tunnel can not be seen, not even by the ISP. VPNs are generally encrypted, in my old company I managed a VPN server with around 900 clients.

The only address the isp sees is the VPNs server / destination. That's why it's called tunnel, my genius. The packets are encrypted in the stream.

You would have to set it up unencrypted and that's not the case for any pay to play VPN service.

Just admit you made a fool out of yourself trying to educate us dumb internet users. What you described is a proxy, period.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

You keep telling yourself that.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Could you backup what you wrote or admit you're wrong instead of snarky comments?

Can you backup what you claim about vpns? Please provide evidence for your claims, otherwise you're doing exactly what you think others do: living in a false reality.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I’m not here to run a 12 month course on how the internet works. Take an online class or something.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

.. and unless you own the servers, satts, and towers to go thru....and TPTB own them.

Like storing in someone's "cloud". Are folks that clueless about internet?

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Windows 95 as well...earlier even

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Now you're talking out of your ass.

Please refrain from explaining "the internet" to others when you can't see the difference between a proxy and a VPN.

The whole point of a tunnel is to wrap up the traffic/packets in a protocol so that the network hardware in between doesn't have to deal with it other than routing the packets to the server.

The NAT is done on the VPN server side. Your isp won't see # if the tunnel is encrypted. Which it normally is, for customer based vpn that is advertised as encrypted.

You're the incompetent of the day, really. A shining example of talking bs and getting caught, then doubling down.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

If that what makes you feel safe at night.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Are folks that clueless about internet?

Yep. Even the ones who think they know, forget that everything is traceable and has an address. Hell, it’s even known that Tor was developed by the American Navy and think it’s totally safe.

Maybe if people did some real learning and research, they’d learn that VPNs aren’t some magical cloaking device and they should definitely look into who is involved with the bigger ones that “don’t keep logs”.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I won't loose sleep over this, don't worry.

It's you who showed today that you just parroted something you heard but didn't grasp.
Learn maybe the difference between proxy and VPN. What part of the word tunnel gives you problems in understanding?

Same question differently wrapped up: why do you think it's called end to end tunnel?
Answer: because the single tcp or udp packets that are routed over your ISP infrastructure contain the packets you think your 8sp sees, but it doesn't.

All you can see if you tcpdump the interface is the destination ip, source ip of the VPN tunnel. The payload inside each tcp packet is encrypted and not readable without the keys and certificates.

But hey, keep sticking your fingers into your ears and bring on the strawmans.why am I surprised knowing your modus operandi? It was fun though, as a computer illiterate, I knew better than a self proclaimed expert onATS.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

If you say so.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
@musicismagic How about some news from Japan? What’s happening there? That’s where you are right? Why move away from the USA to another country, then constantly focus all of your attention back on the USA? There’s so much cool stuff in Japan I’m sure, how about some information about what’s happening there since that’s where you’re at? What kind of Internet protocols and requirements are happening there?

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

It's great you finally agree

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Regulate "the internet" and folks will just use P2P and other mesh type networks to erect a second "internet" that is unregulated.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

This seems like a barrier to me as well.
While I'm sure there is a significant population of people that wouldn't oppose something like this, the whole 'internet of things' trend seems like a bit of a hurdle for anyone trying to implement this.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

They do not have “accounts” like an end user does. They are like credit cards and have an encoded Internet address telling the home site what kind of device, type, serial number, and encryption chip, to get all the “customer data” so that the company can send you “personalized messages”.

The new Mac T2 chip is kind of the same concept. And shows that smart engineers cannot mimic dumb OS coders or us ID 10T users in screwing things up!

The whole d@mn thing (IoT) will always be online and calling home. Which is why 5G is needed (at least) is needed.

It is “vaporware” right now (an idea being tested at lesser capabilities than envisioned). I think that it is at least 5 years away but more like 10.

I think that all these connected devices need more network security work. Look at the hacks that have made the news the last couple years (or DDoS attacks here at ATS!)...

The old ways no longer work and should be remade with the new technology involved (and human laziness factored in) as a single entity (I bet that it is already being done)!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join