It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm afraid this will happen in America soon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Its nothing new, in some countries so this isn't MIM's Street Talk at all.

I think Americans will soon be required an ID number to log onto the internet. All persons under the age of 18 will use a legal guardian or parent's ID with a minor code attached to it for each child. This may also be done with the fingerprints or voice to sign in.

What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I don't see many Americans having a problem with that considering how many gleefully offered up their drivers license to post on Parler.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

You really had to register with your drivers license # ???

I don't really do social media but that sounds excessive.

But why would you need ID to log onto the internet? I mean your IP and hardware MAC addresses already identify who you are in most cases.
edit on 7-2-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Already been done. Old dialup used username and password.

And you have an ID now for the internet. It’s your customer ID with your ISP, MAC address and IP address.

Think your safe using a VPN? Yeah right! You’re using it from home or on a mobile device through the ISP you’re buying your internet connection from, so it goes through their hardware and software first.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79
Thank you TD. Been saying that for-ever

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Thank you TD. Been saying that for-ever

Some people just don’t understand how the internet works.

Take VPNs, for example. Some people think it gives them privacy from their ISP. It doesn’t. What it does (in a basic sense) is spoof your IP address to trick the website you’re visiting or app you’re using. Your ISP still knows where the data is being routed from and to. The data packets still go through their hardware and software.

Want total privacy and not have any fingerprint on the internet? Don’t use it. That’s the only way to be 100% sure.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   
But how will all the referigators, TVs, washing machines, light bulbs, security cameras, cash-registers, cars, etc.. log in? About half of the internet traffic is not made by people anymore.
edit on 2 7 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Exactly. Your IPv4 and IPv6 identify exactly who you are. Even when I have to sign on a streaming site, they know exactly what my Comcast ID is and shows me the shows I can watch as a Comcast customer. What more ID could they possibley need?

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   

The isp can see traffic going to and from vpn but thats all they can see because its encrypted. So if police need track down a vpn ip they need get two warrants, one for the vpn provider to get source ip. The second for the isp of that source ip address to get the users id. Using a vpn from another country makes the process of identifying the user more difficult but not impossible.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Yes, a photo of your license and a webcam photo of you was required to post. You could join with the id, but could only read and was not allowed to make comments or post.

edit on 7 2 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Exactly. I believe that nothing unencrypted is private over the internet, and even encryption is questionable at times.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

because its encrypted

Supposedly. A lot that use VPNs use free software. Levels of encryption vary (if at all).

Technically you wouldn’t always need the VPN source IP. The website/app most likely logs your IP and MAC address anyway. After that it’s a case of following the address backwards (you leave traces) to the ISP, then from there you can see which user is identified with their MAC address through the ISPs software.

They’d still need at least 2 warrants, but not always needing the VPN source.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:20 AM
link   

#ing thank god. Good. The internet has clearly shown itself to be too much to handle for an immature human race. The effect it is having on an entire generation with lack of oversight is leading to mass hypnosis and mind control. Ffs it seems to be working well on what should have been mostly intelligent people.

When the worlds elite planned on weaponizing the internet in 2019, that was probably because it is in fact too effective as one.

Children should not have access to the internet, or it should be a seperate dedicated one solely for age appropriate websites. You and your own are not the masses. The zombies of the masses tend to just use the internet as a way for them to not have to actually parent or interact with their kids.

People like myself, who disconnected my home from the internet years ago and only utilize controlled access mobile devices and public hotspots do not have any concern with a disappearing internet.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Also in that regard, if your VPN allows you to post on ATS, its not actually effective. ATS is designed to not allow ppl to post unless its unsecure connection knows exactly where or who you are.

Its why you cannot post using a tor browser. Heck i could not even browse ats with duckduckgobrowser until i logged into google. That was just browsing not even logged in.
As soon as i was logged out i could not browse again.

Its because once your logged into google, it and anyone affiliated with their services knows where you are. Having discoverd this some time ago (and anyone can test this btw) i now use ats as my standard for actual private browsing. If i cannot post or even browse on ATS, i'll know the software is the real deal.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:46 AM
link   

There are many vpn services for nominee fee that use strong encrption

The traffic from home to vpn uses your isp assigned ip address but traffic from vpn to any website then uses a vpn assigned ip address which is different. So websites can only track you back to vpn provider. They cannot see your MAC address. But can access browser cookie's.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Despite having a Youtube account with multiple videos and partnership status (UK). For "certain" videos I am already being asked to confirm ID to watch via Passport of Credit Card number as of yesterday...

- click verify and this now pops up despite having a verified account

Video in question that I am unable to view...

Full link (have not seen it but it came up in a search) - www.youtube.com...

My point, this is already happening

edit on 8-2-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I did IT consulting in a central asian country years ago - and old Soviet satellite - not long after the fall of the Soviet bloc. A lot of people came to me asking for a "secure" solution for email and such. I told everyone the same thing: Consider anything sent via the internet to be just like writing something on the back of a postcard and sending it through the mail.

There is no security. Don't entertain false fantasies.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
I did IT consulting in a central asian country years ago - and old Soviet satellite - not long after the fall of the Soviet bloc. A lot of people came to me asking for a "secure" solution for email and such. I told everyone the same thing: Consider anything sent via the internet to be just like writing something on the back of a postcard and sending it through the mail.

There is no security. Don't entertain false fantasies.

that's exactly what we were told when we bought our first computer with internet , windows xp

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I am not a professional but that's not correct. The isp can not see what websites you surf if you use a VPN tunnel.

It only sees the tunnel and at what server it ends. if the computer is set up correct so the DNS is through the tunnel, ISP can not see what sites you surf, only the tunnel and how much traffic. But not the content / target urls.

Seems you're the one with no clue, you talk about a proxy server, not VPN. Maybe you shouldn't try to educate others on this topic either.
edit on 8.2.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Actually they can, because the data packets are still routed through the ISP. If it’s encrypted, the ISP doesn’t know what you’re looking at, but knows the IP address of where the data is coming from and going to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join