It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robinhood Reportedly Selling People’s GME Positions Without Warning, Investors Sue

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: blueman12

Is any of this mess affecting the rest of the stuck markets?

It's gonna start a revolution!

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I use Fidelity for my retirement account and stock purchases.

Noice!

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I think long positions which are with companies poised to lead in 5g and aren't from China isn't a bad idea to look into. I have also been eyeing what the pot stocks are up to in this new liberal climate where legalization may grow some federal legs soon.

This is in no way market advice but rather my own account of interesting places to think about opportunities.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Extreme corruption. Robinhood and Citadel directors need to be in prison for the bullcrap they pulled today.

This needs to be thoroughly investigated 🔎and yes guilty parties sent to prison.

I hope robinhood and others burns to the ground for this!

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: IAMTAT

Good on him he's ahead of the curve there. I dont like recommending stocks because I'll feel like absolute crap if they tank! But right now I'm big on any EV stock. Especially since Joe is making the entire federal fleet go EV.

Thanks.
He's into EV too...just bought some Tesla.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I panic joined everything I could at 6am when I started finding out RH and others were pulling the rug. I remembered fidelity did me real good on a 401k I had to cash out to survive a move to Nashville a while back. Was a bit leary at first but I dumped 500$ and was trading in time to not miss the back side of the opening dip. And that's while a crunch for people to migrate was going on.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: loam

Wall Street Execs know that white collar crimes never really get hard punishment.. Heck, after the 2008 crash and all the bullsh*t they pulled you would think some Execs went to prison, but no.. almost collapsing the financial system doesnt warrant prison time, so why not boldly risk it again? They are rolling the dice that the SEC fines/lawsuit settlements will be less than the hedge funds going belly up... they believe they wont face any real punishment and they're likely right, because our country is corrupt and they always get slaps on the wrist and hundred million dollar fines..

Until some high profile people begin going to prison over market manipulation, these Wall Street Execs will continue acting in this manner.. because the gains far outweigh the fines.

Ya.. the banks we're doing predatory loans, committing foreclosure fraud and no one got in trouble. Crashed the housing market, gotta tax payer bailout, and was even allowed to keep the properties and purchase more at depreciated prices !

Remind me... Who was the Vice President when that happened ?

No one is getting in trouble for this... No matter the market cost from stock runs, no matter the tertiary effects to securities ( now with no glass/stegal!).

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Robinhood has sent out a mass email saying that limited access to the assets in question will be allowed tomorrow.

Robinhood just ripped off thousands of people.

This will not end well for them.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
This just in:

Robinhood Is Said to Draw on Bank Credit Lines Amid Tumult

I dunno. RH may not survive this.

If I had money there, I'd probably pull it out right away.

Absolutely. If any of you guys have any money or stocks or anything in Robinhood I would be pulling out immediately

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

They were set to IPO this year I think...I have my doubts now. If only I could bet on their bankruptcy now!

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Edit...Nvm, I missed the explanation on page 1. Thanks!
edit on 1/28/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Robinhood is done.

But they probably got a golden parachute from the hedgefund folks.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This whole Wall Street/GameStop thing is now being used to distract from election fraud.. The senate will have hearings on this for weeks on end and nothing will come of it.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: loam

Wall Street Execs know that white collar crimes never really get hard punishment.. Heck, after the 2008 crash and all the bullsh*t they pulled you would think some Execs went to prison, but no.. almost collapsing the financial system doesnt warrant prison time, so why not boldly risk it again? They are rolling the dice that the SEC fines/lawsuit settlements will be less than the hedge funds going belly up... they believe they wont face any real punishment and they're likely right, because our country is corrupt and they always get slaps on the wrist and hundred million dollar fines..

Until some high profile people begin going to prison over market manipulation, these Wall Street Execs will continue acting in this manner.. because the gains far outweigh the fines.

Ya.. the banks we're doing predatory loans, committing foreclosure fraud and no one got in trouble. Crashed the housing market, gotta tax payer bailout, and was even allowed to keep the properties and purchase more at depreciated prices !

Remind me... Who was the Vice President when that happened ?

No one is getting in trouble for this... No matter the market cost from stock runs, no matter the tertiary effects to securities ( now with no glass/stegal!).

You are right. And this is why I say they are playing with nukes! This is going to be an interesting year for sure. Shaky ground ahead. This is just the beginning of something HUGE!

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Turns out Robinhood is owned by Citadel who has my favorite bankster on its payroll. Ben Bernanke.

Citadel is one of two hedge funds that bailed out Melvin capital. Citadel owns the app and they are the ones that made the decision to stop trading on assets like GME and NOK.

edit on 1 28 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Edit 2:

We were never in the game. The system is rigged. There is talk of White House involvement and SEC allowing this crap to go on is a pretty amazing display of fascistic collusion.
edit on 1 28 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Did you ever really think otherwise?

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Alien Abduct

They were set to IPO this year I think...I have my doubts now. If only I could bet on their bankruptcy now!

If they had a stock I would blow 20k on it buying market to sell low over and over till the 20k was gone just to help it burn.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: blueman12

Is any of this mess affecting the rest of the stuck markets?

It's gonna start a revolution!

The modern Boston Tea Party in action.

Tim Pool is claiming these are young, more conservative/libertarian leaning people who have set this off. He's not saying that as a smear but saying it to mention it's the only protest they have.
edit on 28-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Well, it's an important story that should be addressed. It's not like this was planned by Democrats to happen. It's a bunch of memers on reddit.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join