It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Vaults in The Vatican

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I would really like to know what the Catholics know as you go higher up in that religion. Like I am sure the Pope knows a TON of information, and I'm sure even Bishops have some secrets!

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Like any government things are known but can't be revealed for the good of the church or government or anything. Those who argue that everything should be disclosed I believe would be upset with what came out it's sorta like seeing sausage get made.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Quick someone call Heraldo Revara to go into the vaults he can do it.....

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Rome is built on volcanic rock thats full of natural tunnels and holes, so you never know. I know they found St. Peter's burial chamber under the Vatican a few years back.

www.freerepublic.com...

pao

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i thought the ark of the covenant was in ethiopia

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
That would be a great way to renew interest in Catholicism. Simply start doing tours of the Vaults. Start releasing an item a month as some sort of raffle drawing. Wasn't there an article that Bill Gates is going to buy the Catholic Church. Now that's a conspiracy I can support.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pao
i thought the ark of the covenant was in ethiopia

If it is then that truely would be a blessed land, wether or not their suffering is great they are blessed, for having it in their homeland....But here is an interesting delima then ..... We know at some point Hitler had an interest in possesing the ark ... and many said he had at one time possesed it , but in fear of its power had it hidden away....Now we also know troops of the Third Reiche, SS where in the area of Ethiopia in the early parts of the war.

Now does that mean that Hiltler had sent them there looking for the ark or that they where sent there to hide it, or maybe the where sent there to open it and explore its power.

Now if the last of these are true, and Hitler sent his crack commandos there to open it , and they succeded then could this not be why Ethiopia is suffering the way they are now.....alot of question from one small quote I know but thats never the less something to look into all the same.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There are secret archives, the largest in the world, and as many have said are unexplored. It's as if a new civilization is waiting for us in there. I am more inclined to believe that mankind will have explored the entire universe before mankind every fully explores the archive. The Church believes (and if they believe it must be true) that some rather incriminating evidence lies in these archives. Say for example, who Jesus really was, the true identity of Paul, and possible that the entire thing (church) is one big hoax. There is also disputed to be evidence in the 'chive that can elaborate that Colombus was a Portugese whale hunter, unpublished writings of Alighieri, the location of Jimmy Hoffa's grave, and the last of the hobbit people who are really the caretakers of the 'chive.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Just because the catholics stole a bunch of christian and unchristian artifacts and articles doesnt mean they play any part in biblical prophesy other than imho a bad role. as you can tell im believer in christianity not catholisism but thats a debate for a different day. No offense to anyone by the way.
Just have issues with catholisism.

It would be cool to see what was in their vaults though

Kind Regards,
Digital Grl

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
HAHAHA hobbit people...thats a good one. You get a way above vote for that one

DigitalGrl

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It is true that there are many secrets in the vaults. Though it seems many would kill to see whats in the vaults.would they if its possible have the secrets of life and death .but still there could be false information and hoaxes how would we know whats true or well not true.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by velouria3
I've actually heard...(but hearsay is just that) that there are several books of the bible that the Vatican decided not to add for some reason. Supposedly these are kept locked up there.

i heard a while ago something like that, the catholic church apparently found some scrolls or something that practically said that a bunch of their teachings weren't true or were sinfull or someting (but said that Jesus was still the son of God and everything) and so they hid them somewere, i guess thats were they would have hid them

i dont think though that them or hitler ever had the arc of the covanint, because i think that if it was found it either would have more evidence supporting it or would have been released to the public

the things i think the vault would have would be stuff that they dont want to show to the public for fear of people leaving their religon or something (like stolen artifacs scrolls that were talkd about before ext ext) i dont think they would hide something like the arc of the covanint. they might have some stuff that could just be really old too and thats the best place to keep it safe and theirs no reson for the public to see it.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well there-there but I'm not convinced they are secret?
Perhaps' time displayed to us all..

Dallas

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
is it true that tha catholic church is holding back (hiding) lost sciptures of the bible and they have no intention of releasing this new found scriptures of the bible for the reason that it will destroy waht the catholic have believe and taught about the bible. Does this scripture really contains the story about missing years of jesus in the bible.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rodnie
...... Does this scripture really contains the story about missing years of jesus in the bible.

John Prine has a song entitled "Jesus, The Missing Years"

I believe the existance of this song unconditionally confirms that indeed the Vatican is hiding something.

[edit on 29-4-2005 by mrfixit]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What about the Bonfire of the Vanities???

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I think the contents of such a vault, which I believe does exist, would be fascinating.
They would provide insights into the world history (at various points) we've not yet seen.
It's essentially an ancient library waiting to be opened.

From the religious standpoint however, I cannot image that much is contained that would make Catholicism more popular. Quite the contrary.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
For half a century, the Church has had ancient texts in Jesus' own tongue from his own time in their possession. The Church refuses to release official translations, because those translations of the Nag Hammadi scrolls prove Christianity to be teaching the opposite of the actual teachings of Jesus. John Paul II’s predecessor, gave hints that he was preparing to reveal the truth, and to reform the Church accordingly. And they killed him for it.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
There is a good book that mentions alot about the secret vaults in the Vatican.

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown (its the prequel to The Davinci Code)

Anyways, I read somewhere online that he had special access to the vatican or he knew someone that did.....Im not sure if it's true or not, but it's pretty interesting to read.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
the vatican hate dan brown and make a huge deal about how much. makes me wonder if he was close to the truth?!

but fiction is never really a good platform for studying facts! take the bible for example!!haha

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join