It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson says some evidence new Covid variant in the UK may be more deadly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

LONDON —There is "some evidence" a new Covid variant first identified in the U.K. could be more deadly than the original strain, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Friday.

"We've been informed today that in addition to spreading more quickly, it also now appears that there is some evidence that the new variant — the variant that was first discovered in London and the southeast (of England) — may be associated with a higher degree of mortality," Johnson told a news conference.

He added that all the evidence suggests the vaccines from Pfizer-BioNTech and AstraZeneca-Oxford University, the two currently being used in the U.K., remain effective against both the old and new variants of the virus.

The evidence is still at a preliminary stage and it's being assessed by the New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group, which advises the British government.

The variant, known as B.1.1.7, has an unusually high number of mutations and was already associated with a more efficient and rapid transmission.

Boris Johnson says some evidence new Covid variant in the UK may be more deadly

If this is true then this is seriously bad news, between anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, anti-lockdowners and people half heartedly obeying guidelines (nose out of mask, not observing distancing etc) this is going to rip through our nation.

I really hope they find a way to fight this properly soon. People can't take much more!

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
between anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, anti-lockdowners and people half heartedly obeying guidelines (nose out of mask, not observing distancing etc) this is going to rip through our nation.

I really hope they find a way to fight this properly soon. People can't take much more!

You are the problem, not COVID and not the anti-people you don't like because they won't obey cult government.

Seriously, if hysterical brainwashed folks like yourself suddenly vanished along with your cult government(s), the planet would be paradise.

COVID is the bogeyman, and you are hooked.

Sad, but true.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

And it's going to get deadlier and deadlier until the population is down to the approved levels.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think the number of hospitalised cases in the U.K shows, it certainly appears to be more harmful. On the flip side, there are more infections, so this is also a factor.

Nose exposers really grind my gears. I rather they didn’t wear a mask, for the good it’s doing.

I agree about people not being able to take much more, it’s a total # show, all round.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

“ If this is true then this is seriously bad news, between anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, anti-lockdowners and people half heartedly obeying guidelines (nose out of mask, not observing distancing etc) this is going to rip through our nation. ”

Raises hand. If you’re not really living life — what’s the point of it?

If you’re lucky, you get 80 years on this rock. Enjoy it while you can. If I die tomorrow, then so be it.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Maybe it's just one of those 'take the warning labels off' moments.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: djz3ro
between anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, anti-lockdowners and people half heartedly obeying guidelines (nose out of mask, not observing distancing etc) this is going to rip through our nation.

You are the problem, not COVID and not the anti-people you don't like because they won't obey cult government.

Seriously, if hysterical brainwashed folks like yourself suddenly vanished along with your cult government(s), the planet would be paradise.

COVID is the bogeyman, and you are hooked.

Sad, but true.
My thoughts exactly.
To OP-
Oh so you listen to Boris on this but usually you and your SNP tribe can't wait to slag him off.
Make your mind up.
edit on 22/1/2021 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Our COVID is harder than everyone else's , something to be proud of I think

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

You do you but it’s not the same outlook when you have young kids to bring up. Not sure where you are but there’s no escaping people here in the UK, everything is connected.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The problem isn’t anti anything.

The problem is that the sick need to stay the hell home.
If they don’t there should be VERY serious consequences for them. Just like in past pandemics.

Quarantine the SICK
Protect the vulnerable.

Let the rest of us get in with our lives!!

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: firesnake

Well that's what happens when people become more and more reliant on Government. They go hand in hand.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: firesnake

You do you but it’s not the same outlook when you have young kids to bring up. Not sure where you are but there’s no escaping people here in the UK, everything is connected.

Exactly! There is no escaping it. I made a thread on that last February.

And I’ve got 17 and 16 year old kids. I make sure they don’t live in fear.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

With population control the vulnerable are never protected. Remember the nursing homes?

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The problem is that the sick need to stay the hell home. If they don’t there should be VERY serious consequences for them. Just like in past pandemics.

Isn't the problem that there are a lot of people who are infected but don't know they are?
edit on 1/22/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Some evidence appears maby... lots of bs

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

It makes me laugh, it really does. It’s got nothing to do with governments, it’s a disease that is killing people left right and centre, healthy young people too, anyone. Why would governments come into this except to give advice and some financial help? It’s not forced on you.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Boris must have missed the memo.

Now that Trump is out of office COVID should not be talked about.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

And it’s still going on in the nursing homes.

Because SICK people are going to work.
And SICk people are visiting this homes.

We have been told the asymptotic transmission is very rare. So these SICK people have symptoms and are spreading it.

I personally know 4 covid positive people that broke isolation procedures. This has to stop ffs!!

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

We have been told the asymptotic transmission is very rare.

By whom?

More than 50% of N.J.’s recent COVID transmissions are asymptomatic, top health official says

www.nj.com...

Over half of COVID-19 cases are spread by asymptomatic carriers, CDC study finds

www.news-medical.net...

edit on 1/22/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The problem is that the sick need to stay the hell home. If they don’t there should be VERY serious consequences for them. Just like in past pandemics.

If you’re not blowing mucus and snot all over I would think the risk is minimal.

Please take a look at the article.

www.healio.com...

Isn't the problem that there are a lot of people who are infected but don't know they are?
edit on 1 22 2021 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

Sorry about mis-quoting you Phage, on my mobile and things are mucked up.
edit on 1 22 2021 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join