It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson says some evidence new Covid variant in the UK may be more deadly

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Maybe they could use mail in test kits to everyone one so they can test themselves.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Maybe.

But you may show negative one day and get infected the next.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: firesnake

Not forced? Federal mask mandate. Not really extreme IMO, but it's not over yet. Also remember Government will always control you.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

Your source.

During the session, Van Kerkhove said that her statement was based on data from a small subset of studies that included asymptomatic cases in their contact tracing efforts as well as some unpublished data, and did not include modeling done by researchers “because there are so many unknowns” about asymptomatic spread.

We've learned some things since last June.

edit on 1/22/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

True. Do you know if certain blood types are immune to covid 19?

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Your source.

During the session, Van Kerkhove said that her statement was based on data from a small subset of studies that included asymptomatic cases in their contact tracing efforts as well as some unpublished data, and did not include modeling done by researchers “because there are so many unknowns” about asymptomatic spread.

We've learned some things since last June.

Why not ensure the sick with symptoms that cause spread like coughing etc. stay home.

Here the consequences for breaking a close contact order is the same for someone who is symptomatic.

If makes little sense.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Not that I know of. I've heard of a possibility that some blood types may be less susceptible to severe infection.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
All those talking about getting out there and living your life, there’s nothing open in the U.K, so it is impossible to do the things We do, in order to live our lives.

There are significant numbers still in work, many not able to work from home, but all recreational amenities are closed.

It’s the middle of freaking winter and we are fed up to the back teeth of this incompetent Government, who sway one way, then another, then another, etc etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Why not ensure the sick with symptoms that cause spread like coughing etc. stay home.
That would be great.

But you don't have to cough to spread droplets and aerosols.
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
a reply to: djz3ro

Boris must have missed the memo.

Now that Trump is out of office COVID should not be talked about.

It's probably more, you guys were wrong, that it was gonna disappear after your election..whatever the f it is, it is not disappearing!

Anyway..yay!! it's more deadly!! so burnt out, this doesn't faze me.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Should we continue to gloss over the statement just made by the who?
That the pcr test IS NOT ACCURATE?
No, let's just clutch our pearls, like a bunch of obsessed Karens.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
99.95 fatal including the comorbidity shell game, with flu symtoms, while the flu disappears.
Smgdh

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Source?

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
To be fair I’m lucky to be self-employed working from home, but with the kids home schooling and general close-quarters chaos, I can imagine being extremely f’d off if I was living alone or without kids. It seems my sociable days went a long time ago. Once spring comes, if this things isn’t drying up then people will be getting more rebellious. I feel it, I get it, but let’s try eradicate the best we can while everyone’s out of the cold.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
They gotta do something to keep the COVID terror hype, if CNN is reporting that deaths are "reversing" ...
NN Covid death rate

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Zrtst

Holy Crap! The governor of Texas has lost his mind?

Texas Governor Orders New Arrivals From California To Quarantine For 30 Years

babylonbee.com...

The Babylon Bee is the world’s best satire site, totally inerrant in all its truth claims. We write satire about Christian stuff, political stuff, and everyday life.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This one might be the BIG ONE, folks.
Best we start setting up 'Voting by ESP' for 2022.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Mandroid7

Source?

Here's an article, I will try and locate the actual statement. I've read it before.
This isn't news, I was reading about the issue back when this bs started.
Including the statement made by the person who developed the test.

link

This  WHO-admitted “Problem” comes in the wake of international lawsuits exposing the incompetence and malfeasance of public health officials and policymakers for reliance on a diagnostic test not fit for purpose.
This World Health Organization admission is that the crux of the “problem” is a wholly arbitrary cycling process which “means that many cycles were required to detect virus. In some circumstances, the distinction between background noise and actual presence of the target virus is difficult to ascertain.”  [emphasis added]
The UN body is now clearly looking to distance itself from the fatally flawed test as a growing number of lawsuits are processing through the courts exposing the insanity of relying on a test that even the inventor, Professor Kary B. Mullis said was never designed to diagnose diseases. [1]

Oh, wow, they 404'd their own statement now.
I will see if anyone screengrabbed it

edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: Addedquote from article

edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: djz3ro
between anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, anti-lockdowners and people half heartedly obeying guidelines (nose out of mask, not observing distancing etc) this is going to rip through our nation.

I really hope they find a way to fight this properly soon. People can't take much more!

You are the problem, not COVID.

Dude lives in Scotland. They vote SNP. Which means poors Scots are under curfew. Can't buy alcohol before 10am and after 10pm in Scotland. They love big government over there.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

LONDON —There is "some evidence" a new Covid variant first identified in the U.K. could be more deadly than the original strain, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Friday.

"We've been informed today that in addition to spreading more quickly, it also now appears that there is some evidence that the new variant — the variant that was first discovered in London and the southeast (of England) — may be associated with a higher degree of mortality," Johnson told a news conference.

He added that all the evidence suggests the vaccines from Pfizer-BioNTech and AstraZeneca-Oxford University, the two currently being used in the U.K., remain effective against both the old and new variants of the virus.

The evidence is still at a preliminary stage and it's being assessed by the New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group, which advises the British government.

The variant, known as B.1.1.7, has an unusually high number of mutations and was already associated with a more efficient and rapid transmission.

Boris Johnson says some evidence new Covid variant in the UK may be more deadly

If this is true then this is seriously bad news, between anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, anti-lockdowners and people half heartedly obeying guidelines (nose out of mask, not observing distancing etc) this is going to rip through our nation.

I really hope they find a way to fight this properly soon. People can't take much more!

Small businesses crushed, mental health and suicide at an all time high, missed cancer diagnosis, the effect on our children etc etc.

I have said all along-the vulnerable, elderly and those like yourself who clearly wish to hide away, should do so.

The rest of us should be able to carry on and let the virus cycle through us. Get on with out short lives and keep the country ticking over.

I genuinely fear for the future of my children in the UK. The financial burden of this farce will live on for generations

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join