It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson says some evidence new Covid variant in the UK may be more deadly

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Our UK government has scare-mongered itself into a corner from which it dare not emerge. The ministers of our government know only too well that they have been incompetent and a catastrophe for the UK. No doubt they are looking for a way out, and until they find one they can live with, they will attempt (and succeed) in keeping us locked down. They fear a reckoning and accountability.

They just keep kicking the can down the road for a further six weeks, and everyone else in the teeth. They tell us they want to save the NHS, but have decimated the economy that pays for it, and placed us all, and the futures of our children into a £2 trillon debt. They are bad liars, and keep adding lies of grotesquery, compounding things that were already way out of proportion and perspective.

It doesn't matter who dies of Sars-CoV-2 complications, just as it has never mattered about who died of the flu, life has to go on, irrespective of disease, war, and natural disasters. If they had fully locked down the country at the start, to give them pause to look at the threat, assess correctly, they could've opened up the country in stages, because in the end, vaccines are only a temporary solution, only herd-immunity coverage is the key to padlocked Britain.

Unfortunately, our prattish government has hit us on a number of levels creating a more damaging impact on our lives than Sars-CoV-2 would have done on its own. Self-survival and self-interest is what is keeping us locked down.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Cymru

If the bloke that got an award for creating it says its ineffective

Did he say that? Can you provide a source?

I believe Cymru is referring to Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Dr. Kary Mullis --->Wiki and maybe this video where he talks about his PCR test, how it works and that it's possible to manipulate it to get whatever result you want.

He was a strange one, apparently saw an extraterrestrial raccoon. He wasn't one to keep his critical opinions to himself and his death from pneumonia in August 2019 was seen by some as somewhat strange considering his rantings as Covid was dawning on the horizon.

edit on 22-1-2021 by Encia22 because: Tinkering

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

It seems that he's questioning HIV as being the cause of AIDS, not that the PCR test doesn't work.

Or am I mistaken?
edit on 1/22/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not so much that it doesn't work, but that it can be used to provide false positives for any virus you care to test for. It all depends on the cycle rate adopted by the labs. It's been months since I saw the video, but I believe it was in the first five minutes.

I'd go through the video again to provide timestamps, but it's the middle of the night for me and really need to get some sleep.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

It all depends on the cycle rate adopted by the labs.

Which ties into (sort of) the memo from the WHO, that the labs should follow the IFUs provided by the test manufacturers. And a far cry from saying this, which was the point:

Should we continue to gloss over the statement just made by the who?
That the pcr test IS NOT ACCURATE?
No, let's just clutch our pearls, like a bunch of obsessed Karens.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Meanwhile, the hospitalization and death rates seem to show that there is something, more than nothing, happening.

edit on 1/22/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Cymru

If the bloke that got an award for creating it says its ineffective

Did he say that? Can you provide a source?

It is during an interview, filmed. It was prevalent on Youtube but luckily for us Youtube removed the interview.

Kary Mullis is discussing that using a PCR test to diagnose is wrong, and he also states that with enough primer solution almost anything can be detected in a sample.

Luckily Youtube removed this so we don't have to think for ourselves.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: djz3ro
between anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, anti-lockdowners and people half heartedly obeying guidelines (nose out of mask, not observing distancing etc) this is going to rip through our nation.

I really hope they find a way to fight this properly soon. People can't take much more!

You are the problem, not COVID and not the anti-people you don't like because they won't obey cult government.

Seriously, if hysterical brainwashed folks like yourself suddenly vanished along with your cult government(s), the planet would be paradise.

COVID is the bogeyman, and you are hooked.

Sad, but true.

Way to assume.

Actually, I believe Covid-19 is real, I believe it may be less severe than we are being told but I also think it's worse than the deniers would have us believe.

I know enough people with 1st hand accounts to justify my apprehension.

Since last January I've been following the discussions on here and other sites. I've read the advice from WHO and NHS etc. I watched how lockdown and social distancing was implemented in various countries around the world, what worked, what didn't.

I have 2 people very close to me who are extremely high risk. I wear a mask to protect them and the elderly and vulnerable around me because I actually care about my community.

My life hasn't changed a great deal, I can still go walk my dog all day if I choose, rambling through the woods or along a river, no mask needed. I live in a small town (pop. 6,120) and only wear a mask in shops, on the bus and where social distancing isn't an option (which has only happened once in the past year). My total time wearing a mask on your average day is around 10 mins.

And as for Vaccines, none of them have done me any harm. I have friends who have had the Covid vaccine, as a healthy 43 year old, my turn will be a while away and I can make an informed choice nearer the time.

This isn't about politics (though it has been thoroughly politicised) but you're on the attack over this? I suggest your stance is more political than scientific!

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I think the number of hospitalised cases in the U.K shows, it certainly appears to be more harmful. On the flip side, there are more infections, so this is also a factor.

Nose exposers really grind my gears. I rather they didn’t wear a mask, for the good it’s doing.

I agree about people not being able to take much more, it’s a total # show, all round.

I don't get those people who think it's fake, like those above this post of yours, the people who feel that way also seem to be on the Quorient Express or President Reject Trump's Fanatical Supporters Cult.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

between anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, anti-lockdowners and people half heartedly obeying guidelines (nose out of mask, not observing distancing etc) this is going to rip through our nation.

I really hope they find a way to fight this properly soon. People can't take much more!

You are the problem, not COVID and not the anti-people you don't like because they won't obey cult government.

Seriously, if hysterical brainwashed folks like yourself suddenly vanished along with your cult government(s), the planet would be paradise.

COVID is the bogeyman, and you are hooked.

Sad, but true.
My thoughts exactly.
To OP-
Oh so you listen to Boris on this but usually you and your SNP tribe can't wait to slag him off.
Make your mind up.

Unfortunately BawJaws is the PM, I still listen to his Broadcasts. Doesn't mean I have to like him or his ilk. You have to be ignorant to not listen to various sources. Only way to find the truth!

You should try it.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
The problem isn’t anti anything.

The problem is that the sick need to stay the hell home.
If they don’t there should be VERY serious consequences for them. Just like in past pandemics.

Quarantine the SICK
Protect the vulnerable.

Let the rest of us get in with our lives!!

So you're fine with signing the death warrant for hundreds of people around the country who have undiagnosed, underlying health conditions that make them vulnerable to Covid-19 but they don't know?

A bit harsh I say!

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: djz3ro

“ If this is true then this is seriously bad news, between anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, anti-lockdowners and people half heartedly obeying guidelines (nose out of mask, not observing distancing etc) this is going to rip through our nation. ”

Raises hand. If you’re not really living life — what’s the point of it?

If you’re lucky, you get 80 years on this rock. Enjoy it while you can. If I die tomorrow, then so be it.

I've never stopped living my life. I adapt very quickly to new situations.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

Boris must have missed the memo.

Now that Trump is out of office COVID should not be talked about.

That's right Covid-19 was a hoax to ensure Trump lost bigly.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Debunkology

You are the problem, not COVID.

Dude lives in Scotland. They vote SNP. Which means poors Scots are under curfew. Can't buy alcohol before 10am and after 10pm in Scotland. They love big government over there.

That's British licensing laws!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Im wondering what variant me and the family had now?

It puts you on your arse big time, but i smashed it in about 48 hours.

My Mrs was not so lucky all the same, had to get an ambulance for her down to temperature and laboured breathing plus she's asthmatic.

Took 6 and 1/2 hours for them to arrive down to the weather at the time and the hospitals being rather full where upon they checked her oxygen stats and the like and told her just to rest until recovered or if still unwell 10 days down the line to contact her GP.

My two kid showed no symptoms whatsoever, asymptomatic.

We are all fine now all the same, touch hairy wood.
edit on 23-1-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: KingDoey

Someone else assuming? No I don't hide away and never will!

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Time is fast approaching where we ought to accept that this is going to be something we have to deal with, instead of locking down populations, we have to plow through it.

I'm starting to see this may be the case

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Its here to stay same as the Influenza djz3ro.

Just nature, with her Petri dish, attempting to mitigate the 7.674+ billion souls on the planet.

It was apt to happen at some point given the manner in which we move around the globe and the fact that we have transportation hubs and infrastructure all over the planet.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   

COVID is the bogeyman, and you are hooked

Source?

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I can't take Bozo seriously anymore.

Especially since he got caught on a bike ten miles away from home.

I've never taken him seriously. Bozo has a nice ring to it, not quite as good as BawJaws though.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: ARM1968

I will seat and wait to see where all this is heading, is going to be very interesting.

That is pretty much what I'm doing. I'm not letting this change my life, other than masking up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join