It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oxford-AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine approved for use in UK

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire
Reading one article it could be as much as a £380,000,000 stake.

Maybe the challenge is to come up with a credible source. Even if it is true then what's that got to do with anything? It's a vaccine. People have shares in companies. The richer you are, the more shares.

The interesting thing is that the AstraZeneca vaccine (developed with the Uni of Oxford) will be sold "at cost" to poorer countries and is cheap anyway when compared to the Pfizer and Moderna offerings.

If you want to be afraid of a Covid vaccine, then don't get one of the Chinese ones, or the Russian one. They have not gone through the approval process you would expect.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Ohhh! Him. His ‘economic’ recipe for success. That reset.

Apologies, I thought you were talking about some ‘great reset’ of the human species, like COVID was planned to wipe out X percentage of the human race for NWO/Illiuminaughty conspiracies.

I get you. Financial reset. My apologies.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I wont be taking any of them, like I said, my experience with covid pushed me into researching.

It's not about being afraid it's about me realising its not a necessity.

As for reliable sources...... well .... theres a current thread you could take part in :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sure you could settle that argument there.

As for what it proves....... well that one article doesnt prove a lot as a stand alone article, but if you look at the bigger picture things fall into place, patterns emerge, things become clearer.

An agenda starts to appear, as youd realise its much the same story with all the big players involved.

Did you know, that a leader of a small country, (my memory escapes which one ATM) recently blew the whistle on the W.H.O and I.M.F for offering him £940,000,000 to go along with the covid saga and forced lockdowns etc, and he refused. Probably not because it is obviously not in the mainstream and your not likely to go and look because it would shock you to the core if it was real.

It's that countries government that released that information by the way, not no conspiracy rag.

Also a vaccine takes years to develop so none of these present ones have been through a thorough approval process either.

I'm happy with my choice but I appreciate those concerned, thank you.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If I was forced to take a vaccine, I would choose this vaccine. I am sixty five, I think I can handle the covid yet, but maybe in five or six years my immune system may settle down enough to take a vaccine. Although, with the reactions I have had with the flu and DTAP, I think I would rather wait till I am eighty and I know that my immune system is not going to kill me.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If I was forced to take a vaccine, I would choose this vaccine. I am sixty five, I think I can handle the covid yet, but maybe in five or six years my immune system may settle down enough to take a vaccine. Although, with the reactions I have had with the flu and DTAP, I think I would rather wait till I am eighty and I know that my immune system is not going to kill me.

Everything you could possibly want to know about this vaccine is here, published by the BBC seventeen days ago, and some time before it was suddenly approved for use in the UK, although not elsewhere, due to this concern:

Perhaps the main area of debate will be over older adults. There isn't much efficacy data yet from older age groups, since seniors were recruited later. This information will come. There is clear evidence however that the immune response to the vaccine does not decline with age, as it does against other vaccines like flu. This suggests, but doesn't prove, that the jab will offer protection in the elderly.

So, the data "suggests". Seventeen days later, little has changed. Is that good enough? Is that safe enough? Why are they being so sloppy at the final hurdle after all their hard work thus far? Have they been 'leaned on'? Why not await the full results of the trials for over-55s, as America is doing?

And yet we've decided to roll it out from next MONDAY nevertheless. To keep people's minds off a bad Brexit deal? Who knows with Boris's mob.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: tdk84

9 Months on although I'm a lot better I'm still not right.

Ok how come BoJo and Trump don’t have these long term issues? How come so many others don’t?

Your basing my/and experiences of others against the standards of health care Bojo and Trump received? You think they got the same level of care as me and many others?

I don’t think its the same thing going around, how can it be with such discrepancies in symptoms?

What discrepancies? I've had text book symptoms and the same recovery issues many have had? Everyone I know who's had it still has some mild lingering effects.

The tests are faulty, so who’s to say what strain you’ve had. It sounds to me like you’ve developed an auto immune disorder.

An auto immune disorder? You got that from me saying my smell and taste isn't 100%; from not returning to the same physical output? Or getting cough from irritants in the air? Seems to point to lung damage/scarring

Also the vaccines don’t prevent the spread, they just lesson the affects of the symptoms. Effectively creating more asymtomatic spreaders..

I wont pretend to understand how any of the vaccines work. I was responding too you suggesting the vaccine wasn't important because it has a high survival rate. Obviously it potentially improves quality of life from many who could develop long term effects due to lung, heart issues etc Its well documented.
edit on 31-12-2020 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2020 by tdk84 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   

What discrepancies? I've had text book symptoms and the same recovery issues many have had? Everyone I know who's had it still has some mild lingering effects.

I know people who have had it with no lingering affects, like a regular flu that once you recover from that’s it, there are no lingering affects because the virus is finished, I have also heard of people with little to no symptoms. Me and just about everyone I know and who they know haven’t even had it.

You seriously think BoJo and Trump recovered because of better health care? They aren’t exactly examples of healthy people with great immune systems! What better health care would that be exactly? Why can’t the NHS deliver it?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

The NHS are being nothing less than fantastic, thanks.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

You seriously think BoJo and Trump recovered because of better health care? They aren’t exactly examples of healthy people with great immune systems!

I never said they recovered because of health care, I'm suggesting they received a higher level of care than the average person which would aid in not developing more severe complications. i.e. hooked up to oxygen, drugs, general medical care etc.

Yes and I acknowledge some people have had it less severe then others like many other illnesses. I've known children to be hospitalised from chicken pox, got blood infections etc and others get very mild symptoms for example. The same way some people who had covid ended up with pneumonia or lung scarring.

What exactly is the point your trying to make. You think my case is anecdotal and people aren't having knock on effects from this and thus my comment that the vaccination potentially improves the quality of life for many that could get knock on effects, becomes a moot point?

There are many articles, studies and first hand reports that would suggest your wrong.

letmegooglethat.com...

I have neither the time nor the inclination too dig more out for you but you'll find many peer-reviewed sources. Social media is also littered with it.

edit on 8-1-2021 by tdk84 because: less offensive

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join