It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oxford-AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine approved for use in UK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
BBC News

The Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine has been approved for use in the UK, with the first doses due to be given on Monday amid rising coronavirus cases.

The UK has ordered 100 million doses - enough to vaccinate 50 million people.

This will cover the entire population, when combined with the full order of the Pfizer-BioNTech jab, Health Secretary Matt Hancock said.

So here we are, this is likely what the majority of the UK population will "voluntarily" receive (Or maybe end up on a register if you refuse to "voluntarily" take it, like the Spanish have already discussed) .

Will you be taking the vaccine?

I think if the vaccines were to be mandatory, and I had a choice of which vaccine I would prefer, I would have to go with the Oxford-AstraZeneca one. I have a family member on the development team (I would hope they would say something if there was anything sinister about it), and the building blocks of the vaccine were already developed pre-COVID.

I must admit that I do not think that as a 28 year old healthy adult, that I should even require the vaccine? We know that the vaccine does not prevent the transmission of COVID-19, but lessens the effect as the body learns to fight the virus. Much like the seasonal flu vaccine, we should focus on the old and immunosuppressed, and let us crack on!
edit on 30122020 by Churchhousecreeper because: word salad

edit on 30122020 by Churchhousecreeper because: added more

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Churchhousecreeper

No, I would not take it.
I'll stick to having natural honey and homegrown garlic. And some good old fashion chicken soup.

I think if you ask a person, what will the vaccination do for you.

answer: I won't get the virus

What happens after you take the vaccine and you get a new variant of the corona virus

answer: Oh, they'll have a vaccine for that too so I'll be fine

and the questions continue

but for real... What the hell does the current vaccine NOT DO...

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Churchhousecreeper

Yup, for sure. I have nothing to fear from it.

I’ve been doing the reading on it and as I have said in previous threads, have access to a couple biochemists who are very knowledgeable on this. I have no concerns and the vaccination is the best solution so far, apart from social distancing, which, let’s be honest, a huge number of younger people are not following.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Also, the vaccine(s) are not about a cure. Ideally yes, the vaccine(s) would stop and halt all COVID spreading and get things back to normal. But people know that won’t happen. It’s an ideal.

Realistically, the vaccine(s) will help slow the transmissions or reduce the severity of the infection such that our hospitals and medical facilities are not overwhelmed to the point of breaking.

That’s the real benefits of the vaccine(s). I think it’s naive to thing it will eradicate COVID.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Probably, but at this stage I can't see it being offered to young adults for a long time (possibly 2022). They've released the 9 stages on how they're rolling this out to begin with, and people under 50 aren't even on the radar yet. These 9 high-priority groups will cover about 90-99% of the people dying of Covid right now.

It might be the case that if the vaccines have the desired result (i.e. 99% reduction in people suffering from symptoms and /or ultimately dying from Covid) that the impetus to roll it out further drops off. I can see it becoming like the flu vaccine, where most young healthy adults don't bother.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
In short NO.

I absolutely refuse to go along with any agenda aimed at crippling and demoralising nations so the elite can gain even more control over the citizens of this planet.

I'd rather take my chances in being one of the 99.4% who pull through it, thank you.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I will take all three vaccines just to be on the safe side, to go along with the three masks I wear as extra precaution. I mean this pandemic does have a tiny winy chance killing me according to statistics.

I believe the virus isn’t going to go away just keep mutating, so I plan to social distance myself from the covid faithful as much as possible for the rest of my life thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

If it means we can stop with the lockdowns and carry on with a “normal” life, then yeah. I’ve got an almost 2 y/o who hasn’t had the social interactions she needs and wants for the past year or so.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire
In short NO.

I absolutely refuse to go along with any agenda aimed at crippling and demoralising nations so the elite can gain even more control over the citizens of this planet.

So what you’re saying is the COVID virus does not affect the supposed ‘elites’ of the world, right? They are somehow immune?

And what benefit would these ‘elites’ have in a) allowing a virus to spread worldwide, which doesn’t give a toss about your wealth or status and b) then in providing a vaccine(s) (if that’s what you’re alluding to) to the masses to help stop that spread.

The ‘elites’, as you put it, are wealthy, yes? Their wealth doesn’t come from thin air. It comes from us, the lowly workers. And given the devastation COVID has done to the world economy, how has that helped the ‘elites’ ? How have they benefited?

Can you word your answer without using, “5G”, “Bilderberg”, “injectable antennae” or any other fringe subject?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
In the UK vaccinations are not mandatory and I doubt people will be "forced" to be vaccinated. The UK is not Spain.

If you want to think vaccines are some collossal conspiracy of control, then that's your problem.

My mother got the vaccine a couple of weeks ago. I was pleased, as was she. When it's offered to me I will get vaccinated because I believe in, and understand the science.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I'm not saying half of what you've stated, ran away with that a bit much didnt you.

covid hasnt caused the damage to us all, the governments handling and guidelines are what is causing the issues. All for a cash injection from the IMF, the evidence is there if you care to look.

No fringe theory involved .... unfortunately, just enough research to make me question what's really going on.

If your not questioning what's happening in the world right now, you may be in the wrong place..... sorry.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The vaccines won’t be mandatory anywhere, you just won’t be able to “do stuff” without one

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   

If you understand the science and have faith in the vaccine then that's fine, but how do you understand something so much when it's the first of its type and in all honesty the experts arent so sure of it yet.

Anybody having it is a figurative Guinea pig.

Fair play to you for having that confidence but the amount of unknowns are just too much for me to take that leap.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Its not just about death though is it... one could argue quality of life.

I had it back in march time for example. The fever part of it wasn't that bad, I've had worse flu's but the after effects have been horrendous. 9 Months on although I'm a lot better I'm still not right.

In the summer mowing the lawn I had to stop and sit down to give you an idea of how little I had to do for it to effect me. (defiantly worse during high pollen counts. I don't have hay fever or asthma). Walking up and down stairs out of breath. Headaches that were like migraines but without the visual effects, tiredness, smell and taste gone. At one point I was coughing blood, speckled in a tissue but alarming all the same.

Even now my smell and taste isn't right although a lot better. As a active gym goer my physical ability hasn't returned 100%. Even now on certain days it can catch me out. I've noticed my resting heart rate is up for my norm and peaking a lot higher.

I question if I have lung damage, I've noticed irritants in the air really F me up. Not even bad ones can aggravate like aftershave, the real Christmas tree in the living room, cooking etc. I really worrying about the long term effects and i'm only 36.

If I had a choice to go through it all again which I'm still feeling the effects from or having a Jab I know I'd pick the latter.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
In the UK vaccinations are not mandatory and I doubt people will be "forced" to be vaccinated. The UK is not Spain.

If you want to think vaccines are some collossal conspiracy of control, then that's your problem.

My mother got the vaccine a couple of weeks ago. I was pleased, as was she. When it's offered to me I will get vaccinated because I believe in, and understand the science.

Current uk vaccine doesn't stop transmission, just makes symptoms better/more manageable. That's not hoe normal vaccines work.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
The vaccines won’t be mandatory anywhere, you just won’t be able to “do stuff” without one

That's just life, eh? If Greece says that you cannot travel there without evidence of a vaccination, then it's your choice whether you want to go there, or get vaccinated.

If you don't have a driving licence then you cannot drive. If you want to drive, then you get one.

It's all quite simple.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

How is what your saying any different from any other form of discrimination.

We have riots, murders and even war due to levels of discrimination, but this form of it is ok because it's about a vaccine.

The worlds going mad.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

So explain who the elite are and what their goal is with regard to COVID.

You made it very clear that this benefits them. I’d like you to explain how a pandemic virus, agnostic of ones wealth and status in life, which has very clearly impacted the world financial markets for some time, is benefiting these ‘elites’

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire
How is what your saying any different from any other form of discrimination.

Because vaccinations are a proven way to reduce or prevent the spread of diseases. Look at Polio, Small Pox. And then take a look at the resurgence of the measles in the US (en.m.wikipedia.org...) which was due to anti vaxxers refusing to vaccinate their children.

If someone isn’t going to take the steps to help prevent the spread of disease, then you have to endure the consequences of that; illness and social exclusion from those who do not want to be sick.

We have riots, murders and even war due to levels of discrimination, but this form of it is ok because it's about a vaccine.

No. COVID spreads indiscriminately and without prejudice (depending on the science about south East Asians being more susceptible to it); it doesn’t CHOOSE to infect you or NOT infect you.

Human beings CHOOSE to be assh*les and shoot and kill and murder each other. Do you not see the difference between those two things?

The worlds going mad.

On that we 100% agreement sadly

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tdk84

9 Months on although I'm a lot better I'm still not right.

Ok how come BoJo and Trump don’t have these long term issues? How come so many others don’t?

I don’t think its the same thing going around, how can it be with such discrepancies in symptoms? The tests are faulty, so who’s to say what strain you’ve had. It sounds to me like you’ve developed an auto immune disorder.

Also the vaccines don’t prevent the spread, they just lesson the affects of the symptoms. Effectively creating more asymtomatic spreaders..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join