It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was all of this really necessary? Did we ask for it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I remember being told by my relatives how their grandparents survived the Spanish flu outbreak.

From what I'm told, mostly everyone had a close one, or many members of their family members perish.

I see that over 500 million people were infected worldwide, of which 50 million died.

That's a 10% death rate.

The measures that have been put in place today would lead one to expect similar results.

And yet, I know of no one personally who's died from it. Do you? I've heard of friends of friends who caught it and got better. That's it.

I work in a retirement home where the average age of our residents is over 80+.

When one of them catches the flu, they all get it, every year its the same.

So naturally, in accordance with the health department, we've been taking the proper safety measures at all times.

Here's what I've noticed after a month:

1. When we have one confirmed case, within 24 hours we have several others. When this occurs, we go in full alert and sanitize everything and isolate everyone on the floor.

2. Even though we all wear the proper gear, even though the residents do not even come into contact with one another, even though they are on lock-down 24/7, they still catch it and spread it (if the test results are as reliable as they claim).

3. I've been going into 'Red Zones' (confirmed positive resident) as my work requires me to, and I haven't noticed any difference with their health from before their diagnosis, other than they are terrified.

What I see is a lot of fear and confusion.

Last friday, I had to comfort a 90 year old woman who was scolded by a health department employee when she asked questions about being marked a 'yellow zone' out of nowhere. Poor woman was shook up and crying and scared of being sent away somewhere to die alone.

They are scared, they are told little to nothing, they are forced into isolation, with nothing but TV to watch, and all we show them is the news which throws numbers of cases and fuels their fear while answering very little.

I would very much like to put into question the measures we have taken in response to this "pandemic"

I'm not an expert on these things, but at this point, it's starting to seem like this "new normal" was implemented to remain so.

Are we really saving lives?
Or are we ruining lives?

And now we're ready to rush experimental vaccines on people? In high doses? Recurring shots?

And somehow, those who question this are the tinfoil hat wearing nuts?!?!

I know I'm a Fool, but even I see something doesn't add up here.

Doesn't your spidey sense tingle? Is it broken? =P

I don't know... but all this seems wrong to me.

That's all.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
We may not have asked for it but a crap ton of other people did and still are. I am amazed at the stuff I am seeing online. I live in Virginia and when Blackface Northam handed down another curfew people were applauding and literally (I kid you not) begging for more. Begging for a complete lockdown for as little as 2 months and as much as a year. And by total lockdown I mean they are asking for everything to be closed.

They are terrified. Those who don’t beg for the lockdown, don’t want to wear a mask for the rest of their life, want to spend time with their families during the holidays are now “The Enemy”. And as such they need to be taken care of. And if that means locked up, well more is better.

And it’s like a car wreck. I feel sick reading it but can’t help myself. How did we get here? Who do you think is going to take care of you while everything is locked down? Is the governor going to make house calls with free groceries?

You can see the desperation in their posts. They see no problem with what they are begging for. No problem seeing their former friends, coworkers, family members punished and jailed for not blindly following every edict thrown out by those who can’t be bothered to follow those same edicts themselves.

They are begging to be saved no matter the cost. Begging to be taken care of no matter the cost and with the assumption that this can just go on forever. I feel like we’ve somehow flown over the cuckoos nest and landed in clown world. People are begging for their own enslavement and that of others. Begging for their progeny 15 generations down the line to still be trying to clean up this mess.

So yes. We did more than ask for it. We’ve begged for it. Literally. That’s the “proverbial” we.

My personal answer nope and no. But what is there to do at this point if everyone won’t stand together to change anything?

edit on 12/21/2020 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86
I remember being told by my relatives how their grandparents survived the Spanish flu outbreak.

From what I'm told, mostly everyone had a close one, or many members of their family members perish.

I see that over 500 million people were infected worldwide, of which 50 million died.

That's a 10% death rate.

The measures that have been put in place today would lead one to expect similar results.

And yet, I know of no one personally who's died from it. Do you? I've heard of friends of friends who caught it and got better. That's it.

I work in a retirement home where the average age of our residents is over 80+.

When one of them catches the flu, they all get it, every year its the same.

So naturally, in accordance with the health department, we've been taking the proper safety measures at all times.

Here's what I've noticed after a month:

1. When we have one confirmed case, within 24 hours we have several others. When this occurs, we go in full alert and sanitize everything and isolate everyone on the floor.

2. Even though we all wear the proper gear, even though the residents do not even come into contact with one another, even though they are on lock-down 24/7, they still catch it and spread it (if the test results are as reliable as they claim).

3. I've been going into 'Red Zones' (confirmed positive resident) as my work requires me to, and I haven't noticed any difference with their health from before their diagnosis, other than they are terrified.

What I see is a lot of fear and confusion.

Last friday, I had to comfort a 90 year old woman who was scolded by a health department employee when she asked questions about being marked a 'yellow zone' out of nowhere. Poor woman was shook up and crying and scared of being sent away somewhere to die alone.

They are scared, they are told little to nothing, they are forced into isolation, with nothing but TV to watch, and all we show them is the news which throws numbers of cases and fuels their fear while answering very little.

I would very much like to put into question the measures we have taken in response to this "pandemic"

I'm not an expert on these things, but at this point, it's starting to seem like this "new normal" was implemented to remain so.

Are we really saving lives?
Or are we ruining lives?

And now we're ready to rush experimental vaccines on people? In high doses? Recurring shots?

And somehow, those who question this are the tinfoil hat wearing nuts?!?!

I know I'm a Fool, but even I see something doesn't add up here.

Doesn't your spidey sense tingle? Is it broken? =P

That's all.

To answer your OP:

No

and

No.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Was it necessary no... After the fear mongering by the press people in large numbers asked for it.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It isn't necessary but certain politicians with help from the media have done an excellent job propagandizing the risks of Covid. At this point, I will just state it is a hoax. I really can't think of any other word for it. I refuse to believe the political leaders are so stupid they can't see it isn't a hoax. The data is pretty clear.

You know it is a hoax because the very people pushing the lockdowns and all the measures on use plebes don't seem to have the same concern for themselves and families when it comes to following lockdown rules. If this were real, they wouldn't be so easy to break their own rules imho.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Only the very easily manipulated have been manipulated

Anyone with more than 2 IQ points to rub together aren’t buying the farce

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

You'd be surprised how easily people are manipulated... even those who are supposedly above average intelligence.

Several of my neighbors are doctors (surgeons, pathologists) and they believe the hype. None of them really know all the "details" as to how the data is being manipulated. They just accept and believe what they are told. On the other hand, one of my doctors thinks it is BS, but she is just a lowly Pediatrician.

Some people are susceptible to propaganda because they get their news and information in a bubble. THey also don't tend to evaluate or research anything. Just accept what they are being told and go about their day like a good little sheep.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Found out yesterday from a relative...that my GG Grandfather died of the Spanish Flu...as well as his young son.

Great Chinese Plague of 2020?...Hasn't effected my family beyond the TP shortage.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This "new strain" they are hyping up, to put fear into anyone that will have it, has been around for months and months.

What are they up to now. Why are they stopping traffic in and out of England when this strain has been around for almost 6 months!

And the kicker is it's not any more deadly than the normal new cold virus. It is just more contagious. WTF is going on. Are people in England this stupid, I think not.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I've heard of a few friends of friends of friends who have lost someone. In every case though, they were very elderly with other significant co-morbidities so I don't know how much of it was actually Covid or just natural dying.

The problem now is they are blaming Covid for everything and it is ridiculous. Average Covid death is like 78 years or so. Which ironically is about the typical life expectancy.

If we had a bunch of healthy 25 year old or even 50 year olds dropping dead then I'd be real concerned. This isn't to say we don't care about the elderly but they die all the time from the flu / pneumonia and I've yet to see how this is any different.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
This "new strain" they are hyping up, to put fear into anyone that will have it, has been around for months and months.

What are they up to now. Why are they stopping traffic in and out of England when this strain has been around for almost 6 months!

And the kicker is it's not any more deadly than the normal new cold virus. It is just more contagious. WTF is going on. Are people in England this stupid, I think not.

They are getting the sheeple ready for Covid 20... so they have an excuse to lock down again. It will be never ending lock downs.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

You'd be surprised how easily people are manipulated... even those who are supposedly above average intelligence.

Several of my neighbors are doctors (surgeons, pathologists) and they believe the hype. None of them really know all the "details" as to how the data is being manipulated. They just accept and believe what they are told. On the other hand, one of my doctors thinks it is BS, but she is just a lowly Pediatrician.

Some people are susceptible to propaganda because they get their news and information in a bubble. THey also don't tend to evaluate or research anything. Just accept what they are being told and go about their day like a good little sheep.

I see this too. Many of my most university educated friends have not only bought the story but have turned on me for questioning. One friend sent me links of what they thought to be "unbiased" to help educate me but all I see at those links are a kind of problem solving strategies to deal with people like me, with questions such as in "what can be done about vaccine incompliance?" etc. I find that super biased and kinda scary.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

Did we ask for it? ......Yes.....yes we did.

We asked for it because we lost control of our political institutions. We have been installing nothing but puppets to the psychopathic corporate agenda for decades. This is what we get.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Within a month or 2 after Biden takes office, they will claim a miraculous drop off in cases.
By summer, they will claim a total eradication of Covid.
They had a plan and it worked.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

............... even I see something doesn't add up here.

That's all.

I think it's more likely that 'Flu is airborne, (mixes more freely in the air, and for longer) to perhaps a greater extent than COVID, Just breathing in other words, that's saying an awful lot because I am not a scientist with the required scientific method....but worth thinking about.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Ya, I'm convinced you know more than your physician neighbour's.

Me saying that, does not mean I approve of anything..just funny how informed people think they are over people who went to university for 5-8 years

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I tend to think the Covid-19 response is vastly overstated relative to the impact of Spanish Flu. Unless,of course, someone you love is one of those who die.

Then stats don't help much.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

I tend to think the Covid-19 response is vastly overstated relative to the impact of Spanish Flu. Unless,of course, someone you love is one of those who die.

Then stats don't help much.

The 'Spanish 'Flu' didn't start and end in the current timeline to date, but nigh on three years, perhaps more, it too had waves.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

They are getting the sheeple ready for Covid 20... so they have an excuse to lock down again. It will be never ending lock downs.

Some extremely rich people are making record profits because of the lockdowns.

I think you are right, it will be never ending. It is going to be covid 21, they skip a year.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Within a month or 2 after Biden takes office, they will claim a miraculous drop off in cases.
By summer, they will claim a total eradication of Covid.
They had a plan and it worked.

Yes, that's how this works. All 200 or so countries and territories impacted by this all faked it for our election.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join