It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMA rescinds stance on Hydroxychloroquine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
RESOLVED, that our AMA reassure the patients whose physicians are prescribing hydroxychloroquine and combination therapies for their early-stage COVID-19 diagnosis by issuing an updated statement clarifying our support for a physician’s ability to prescribe an FDA-approved medication for off label use, if it is in her/his best clinical judgement, with specific reference to the use of hydroxychloroquine and combination therapies for the treatment of the earliest stage of COVID-19; (New HOD Policy) and be it further.

Page 15 of the link.
www.ama-assn.org...
PDF FILE

So what’s everyone’s hot take in this issue now? Is it good? Is it’s bad? Did they lie to you again when there was a cheap and readily available solution?
I seen many people get on soap boxes and proclaim how dangerous the drug Is and how it should be banned both on here and other media.

So what do you all think? My take is yes this whole pandemic is engineered to be as bad as possible(or appear far worse then reality) with real help stone walled, fake feel good help is made into law.

Why did the media attack this drug so vigorously?

edit on 16-12-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Dec 16 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Pdf file

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It was attacked because Trump supported it and it's cheap. Forget about effective, it doesn't make the pharmas a lot of money.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Maybe somebody's lobbying for a new treatment ? 🦇

If so look out !! 😃

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
when the year is over, and the total number of people who died this year, it looked at with previous years, the truth will emerge. If there is a large spike, then there was something to this. If no spike exists, then it's obvious that it was super overblown. Of course for that last part to be true, the entire world would have to be in on it, so it would be a really large deal if that were the facts. So in a few weeks we should know the truth.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I didn’t want to spell it out so left everything open ended questions but your reply
pretty much summed up what I was Trying to bait out. Now let’s ask another question why does the media fixate not on the real issue or even the drug itself but on a person instead. It’s not about the person it’s about what the person represents. He is the people’s president and god damn it if the people know what’s best for them. Love or hate Trump he speaks directly to you the people. He dose not get filter through the media machine on his own accord they have to twist and distill everything down to meet their narratives.

Bill Gates can’t make billions on a almost free drug. And he can’t depopulate the world if your aren’t sterile.

a reply to: HalWesten

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is where I am at as well.
Same page brother.
a reply to: network dude

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

AMA rescinds stance on Hydroxychloroquine

It seems that your premise is not accurate, or at best premature. Nothing has been rescinded according to your source.
There is/was a proposed resolution. Which not everyone agrees with. Especially those who matter:

Therefore, your Reference Committee recommends that Resolution 509 not be adopted and Policy H-120.988 be 18 reaffirmed.

www.ama-assn.org...

Proposed Resolution 509 is what you quoted.

edit on 12/16/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
when the year is over, and the total number of people who died this year, it looked at with previous years, the truth will emerge. If there is a large spike, then there was something to this. If no spike exists, then it's obvious that it was super overblown. Of course for that last part to be true, the entire world would have to be in on it, so it would be a really large deal if that were the facts. So in a few weeks we should know the truth.

You do realize that death records are kept throughout the year? So you don't really need to wait to find out. Try googling "CDC excess deaths" and you will see there is indeed excess deaths also in excess of reported covid death counts.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

This truly points out how evil the attack on Hydroxychloroquine was.

As opposed to fighting for a drug that has been shown to be highly effective in treating the rona, people have spent that last 9 months demand lockdowns and masks.

Virulently attacking anybody who dared to suggest that hydroxychloroquine/azythromicin/zinc as crazy conspiracy theorists.

From your link...

RESOLVED, that our American Medical Association rescind its statement calling for physicians to stop prescribing hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine until sufficient evidence becomes available to conclusively illustrate that the harm associated with use outweighs benefit early in the disease course. Implying that such treatment is inappropriate contradicts AMA Policy H-120.988 that addresses off label prescriptions as appropriate in the judgement of the prescribing physician; (New HOD Policy) and be it further

Absolutely reprehensible, to point out they never had the evidence to go against it in the first place.

Think of how many lives could have been saved.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Researchers at the University of Oxford world seem to disagree with that assessment.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I did some digging and it looks like if we believe the absolute worst-case statistics about Covid-19, we are up to about 312,000 deaths since the beginning of Covid-19. The USA has a population of about 328 million. According to the worst case statistics, Covid-19 has added a 0.1% extra mortality rate to the collective population... 1 out of every 1,000 people (the majority of which were elderly).

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
So telling people it could kill them then saying actually it’s up to your doctor is not back tracking to you? The quote from
The very first part of my post what does that mean to you.

How do you feel about the drug? And why?
Please enlighten us all as to who matters and who does not. Seems to be all the rage these days.

a reply to: Phage

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Because you don’t matter!

a reply to: elementalgrove

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

First, admit that you lied are mistaken.

edit on 12/16/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I am busy, cannot read all right now. BUT....I take this part to be a recommendation for use only through a practicing Physician's professional Judgement. So, Phage, I think you are wrong.

""Your AMA Board of Trustees (BOT) provided testimony in opposition of this Resolution and
43 supportive of the AMA statement. The BOT noted that several commentors misconstrued the
44 language in the statement and outlined that it very clearly says, “Novel off-label use of FDA45 approved medications is a matter for the physician’s or other prescriber’s professional
46 judgment” and also emphasized the need for physicians to rely on their professional judgment
47 and medical evidence for any potential COVID-19 treatment option. The statement further
48 notes that any use of these medications should be coordinated with a treating physician with
49 full understanding of the potential risks and benefits. The statement was accurate at the time
50 it was issued and took the best evidence available into account. ""
edit on 16-12-2020 by maya27 because: Phage, I think you are wrong

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well it has all the listed effects of cold medicine, anti inflammatory and can prevent rashes and open sores(inside and out think throat).

Just seems like it would have some merit as it’s used as to treat malaria and lupus and arthritis.

Just seems like it might have some merit and should not be dismissed on a whim.

a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Nope
phage you don’t matter i can’t.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Seems like it might work is possibly not the best terminology where the use of drugs is concerned.

Reputable Scientists, Doctors and Epidemiologists, are saying Hydroxychloroquine doesn't cure or can even have a negative effect where the treatment of COVID 19 is concerned.

I tend to believe there fundings and studies as opposed to crazy peeps touting is effectiveness that would also have us ingest or inject household cleaning products.

It's up to you to believe as you wish all the same.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
And there is the spin no one suggested the BS you just spouted off other then you and the idiots who actually shot themselves up with bleach. If you read anything you would see this about doctor discretion on administering treatments not idiots and bleach.

a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

As i said, reputable Doctors, have discounted the use of Hydroxychloroquine, as a viable treatment, where COVID 19 is concerned.

Seems to me the BS was coming/is coming out Trump's puss, again and again, and again without any end in sight.

The writing is on the wall mate, if you canny read it, is because you refuse to do so where Hydroxychloroquine is concerned.
edit on 16-12-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join