It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been tasered?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Found a video from a few years ago of when I was getting all of my security certs. Whenever I need a good laugh I give this a watch. I hope it brings you a laugh as well.

edit on 14122020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yeah, I got tasered in the spine by 2 tasers at once and it had no effect.
It was weird.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Could have been a variety of things. But you missed out man. It feels good afterwards. Like a work out.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Never been tasered yet, and hope never to be. If it is as shocking as the picture tube transformer on a sixties color twenty six inch TV, I want no part of it. That transformer threw me across the room when I was working on the tv trying to figure out what tube was burnt out when I was about twelve years old. Don't know how long I was out, but learned never to be bent over when touching high power, it makes muscles contact quickly and you fly away.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I've been tasered, oc sprayed, and may other things.

Of all the "non-lethal" stuff, oc gel is the absolute worst thing possible.
edit on 12 14 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

There are potential long term implications even life changing ones when a person is Tasered, no two nervous systems are the same.

It shock's the nervous system and the musculature, can cause damage to the Nervous system and even affect neuro chemistry for an indeterminate period of time afterwards.

Can also induce heart attacks and the mentioned neural trauma it can inflict can also induce mental problems such as psychosis.

Claims that Tasers are harmless are unfounded and baseless simple propaganda to ensure sales of the devices as they may cause long lasting impairment and even serious harm especially if the victim is also suffering underlying health problems.

Higher tissue resistance equates to a higher chance of being burned since unless that resistance is high enough to stop the electron flow outright.

Lower tissue resistance can mean a higher chance of induced spasm caused by the affect of the taser on the individuals nervous system.

However.

Better than being shot with a bullet.

The greatest downside of a Taser is once issued police are far more likely to reach for it even in circumstances were it's use is not necessary, some people just get a feeling of power from wearing a uniform and holding something with a pistol grip though this is a separate matter since there are still a very great number of good officers whom only use them in the last resort.

Some people have suffered a kind of trauma that left them with behavioural or neurochemical problems afterwards including depression.

A very high percentage of taser victim's, though yes they have been tasered often for some reason?, have committed suicide within a few years of the experience, did the Taser contribute toward this? - probably.
edit on 14-12-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Lol..yeah that guy looks like it tightened every muscle in his body.
Not pleasant.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I got zapped by a stun gun a few times. It wasn't horrible. Then again I used to shock myself with a cattle prod for fun.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Never been tasered yet, and hope never to be. If it is as shocking as the picture tube transformer on a sixties color twenty six inch TV, I want no part of it. That transformer threw me across the room when I was working on the tv trying to figure out what tube was burnt out when I was about twelve years old. Don't know how long I was out, but learned never to be bent over when touching high power, it makes muscles contact quickly and you fly away.

Oh man. Been there, done that. Getting tasered just locks you up. It doesn't burn or hurt. It's like cranking up a muscle massage electrode to max settings.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I've been tasered, oc sprayed, and may other things.

Of all the "non-lethal" stuff, oc gel is the absolute worst thing possible.

I agree. The gel crap is the worst. I'd rather get tear gassed or tazed any day than get hit with the gel. Heck even an oc fog or stream is better than the gel imo.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Until the cases of people dying from being tazed increase exponentially I'll be a proponent of their usage insofar as the individuals who use them are trained to carry them.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Lol..yeah that guy looks like it tightened every muscle in his body.
Not pleasant.

That guy is me lol

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I got zapped by a stun gun a few times. It wasn't horrible. Then again I used to shock myself with a cattle prod for fun.

Same lol

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

very high percentage of taser victim's, though yes they have been tasered often for some reason?, have committed suicide within a few years of the experience, did the Taser contribute toward this?

Wow that is crazy!!
I wondered why it wasn’t being used as much, and kinda quietly went away.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

Until the cases of people dying from being tazed increase exponentially I'll be a proponent of their usage insofar as the individuals who use them are trained to carry them.

Oh I agree, they are far less lethal than a bullet but you have to remember claims they are safe are wrong, they should never be used unless there is no other option.

Policing has always had it's problem, police using truncheons (batons or night stick's over in the US) was a far too frequent thing and arguably they caused far more harm than modern tasers do especially if the suspect was hit around the head and this caused many death's, gun's were also too frequently used and arguably the Taser has SAVED many lives in that as well since officers now have a far less lethal tool at there disposal.

But you will always have officers in every police force around the entire world whom are too trigger happy, power mad and/or simply poor officers.

I am in the UK and even though our officers do not regularly carry firearm's they do have tasers, I have seen first hand police abusing there power, using unnecessary and unwarranted force and acting as criminals in uniform though in recent years our police have improved, we still have some idiot's though whom should never have been issued a warrant card.

We do have a safety net though, every use of a firearm OR a taser has to be justified and is automatically investigated, this makes our police far better and FAR more professional than there US cousin's as well as the proper training they receive, regimented approach to policing and long tradition, but we also gave the world corrupt police, Peel would not be impressed to say the least, his idea was MEN of the CITY and that city was London.

Back in the late 1800's to the modern day some of your police, New York, Boston etc had organized crime built into them on account of the people whom joined the police, members of the Irish Mob etc and this also made them exceptionally racist as well, over here police corruption was mostly down to laziness but also down to other factors.

Also the way the US police grade there police is WRONG, just simply WRONG, you do not grade an officer by how many arrests or prosecutions he achieves but by how much the crime rate drop's, though we do have some right wing politicians and idiots here that dream of privatising our police and doing the same as the US has with it's police, but only because they see it as a personal investment opportunity for there own private hedge fund's.

edit on 15-12-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Not really disagreeing with you, but the same is true for police here in the US. Police are required to write a report whenever any force is used whether it is deadly force or less than lethal force.

I don't care much for police in general myself, but I don't see how you can say you've witnessed first hand police abusing their authority, and then go on to say they are better than police in UK.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I said UK police are perhaps a bit better than those in the US, this does not go for every officer of course and is a generalization as I also point out that there are bad police everywhere.

I was going to join the police at two point's in my life but pulled out on both occasions.

My mother had a big inheritance a trust left to her by relatives (it was concealed and she never received it) and she was set up and arrested over here in the UK on false charges (1962), held illegally without a remand order and forced to sign a stack of documents she was also NOT allowed to read by the warder whom made her sign them, the police - Liverpool though at that time the city did not have it's own police force and came under Lancashire Constabulary - then mysteriously had a private donation and were able to buy many patrol cars, prior to this they only had something like 5 patrol cars for the entire Liverpool city area.

Later when she found out about her trust and tried to get somewhere the Police were constantly evasive and even when they eventually started to arrest members of the Liverpool Mafia including one Derek Hatton former head of the city council for Land Investment Fraud back in the 1980's and 90's under an investigation called Operation Cheetah and some detective came to my mother for information nothing was ever actually done, a young - Scottish - officer left the force in disgust but came to my mother and explained that the police were actively covering up the fraud and had been told to do so by there higher up's, there superior's, he was a man of morals so left the police and joined the ambulance service instead.

But for all that we don't have regular cases of officer gunning people down, we DO have growing gun crime and also dedicated extremely highly trained Armed Response Units but shooting by police in the UK do not happen very often and only do when there is no other option but to take out the suspect.

In the US your police draw gun's at traffic stop's, on teenagers waiting for there parent's at there place of work after closing time simply because they are black.

What happened to my mother and the years of persecution from corrupt police that she suffered afterwards and also lies they put down about her that stopped decent police from helping was made all the more bitter when it was revealed that her father whom was estranged because he had been forced to take a new identity had been both military intelligence and high ranking police over here in the UK and had taken a grace and favour job as they were know after his cover was blown (he worked undercover to deal with early 20th century terrorists) in the RCMP with a new identity.
So affectively the police in Liverpool - albeit Lancashire Constabulary - Robbed the child of one of there own of her inheritance, blackened her and covered up there crime by vilifying her, long story but believe me she was a truly good and honest woman and never did harm to anyone in her entire life except to defend her children, she also suffered from life long disability having been experimented on in the 1930's after her mother left her in the hospital and never came to collect her, she was a health specimen ripe for experiment.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Yes! And sprayed with punch spray. Even said F### out loud. It was for scientific research at the Washoe County Sheriff's Department's annual training video taping. I was really young and it cleared my acne up.... would not recommend 😆😆

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

That is extremely unfortunate. My condolences. Not that it matters much.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Every action has ramifications, every decision lasts a lifetime.

Though my mother has passed we fight on for justice we may never see but sometimes it is not about the win it is about sticking up for your morals.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join