It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you look forward too under a Biden administration?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Realisticly ... What do you look forward too under a Biden administration?

Now I ask you to be realistic in your replies; "Biden is going to defeat Covid 19 and racism, stop global climate change, and give everyone a $2,000 a month UBI" might sounds great to some people but its not realistic.

And since I am sure people will respond in the negative; it would be nice if those responses where also realistic. "Biden is going to put conservatives into FEMA camps for re-education" is also not realistic.

---------------------

For me one thing to look forward to is that Biden might repeal the Trump tax cuts. In the past the SALT and morgage intrest deductions caps didn't impact my itemized return, so I saved money under Trump tax cuts. But this year I am buying a bigger house and will run into those caps. Its nice to know that they are likely going to be lifted... even if it would amount to a tax cut for the more wealthy.

It is much more likely that the Democrats will get the Covid stimulus package they wanted. This will disproportionately aid the more liberal states that are in dire straits due to decades of mismanagement. I live in one of these states.

In a less selfish direction I hope to see some real legislation relating to illegal immigrants; and more to the point DACA kids. The Obama administration all but ignored these issues using executive order to kick the can down the road. I don't think the immigrant community will accept more of that from Biden. DACA kids aren't going to sign up for another EO program that can be swept out from under them by the next president. Biden will have to finally deal with the issues or face further erosion of the immigrant base.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

A recession....

And my new tv I get during a protest.

Eta... Racism should be ended too right?
edit on 6-11-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

The oddly timed fall down the stairs on January 21st, 2023.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

blank zip nada i feel sorry for your beautiful country

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DanDanDat

The oddly timed fall down the stairs on January 21st, 2023.

LOL

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Interesting question. I don't see much coming down the pike from a Biden regime. Congress will be deadlocked........thankfully.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Biden is comitted to wiping out student debt.

Which I have alot of.. and it's debilitating.

If I were to make the actual real recommended payments on my student loans.. it would be like $750 a month!

That's a second rent payment!

I have a good job... but it's not enough to be able to afford a $750 a month student loan payment on top of rent, car, insurance, food, utilities, phone etc.

Luckily the Studen loans are managed by a cabinet member, so Biden can write an executive order for loan forgiveness and bypass the Senate. It would wipe out about 2/3 of my student debt.

I could then fix my credit, and put my money towards a mortgage instead.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I look forward to the codifying of my horrible whiteness into some sort of hate crime bill. Also, since I am officially 4 percent African, I hope to find a good lawyer that will represent my black parts that have been violated by the same law. I think 4 percent of me is probably a few of my digits so maybe when I am taken to the gallows my digits can be placed in a jar and preserved for their holy - higher than holy - fight the power that they did.

For instance, during one of the Obama elections I posted on a Facebook page many many times how much I hated white people and how they should all be killed and it was all thumbs up and never even a question of a ban. SO please, look for my thumbs in a museum some day. I can only hope that my legacy is preserved in some measure.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

It is much more likely that the Democrats will get the Covid stimulus package they wanted. This will disproportionately aid the more liberal states that are in dire straits due to decades of mismanagement. I live in one of these states.

In a less selfish direction I hope to see some real legislation relating to illegal immigrants; and more to the point DACA kids.

Totally with you on those two things. I would also like to add in student debt reform. I have so many thoughts on this.
Yes a lot of it is due to irresponsible borrowers, but we all know there needs to be improvement all around.

I have always thought we need change in healthcare. I don't necessarily agree with Obamacare, but what we have now doesn't work. Maybe in a Covid world we need something completely different. Under Trump it is just ignored or claimed as "cured" we all know that isn't true.

edit on 6-11-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Man, you are the best cheerleader I ever saw. Can we get a look up your skirt to see if the skeleton of Stalin is up there?

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I'd look forward to the end of his term, and telling the government to screw off like always.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Since the turtle is in charge of the senate, I truly doubt anything will be done that might make the Dems look good.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Dying

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
About the only positive I can potentially see coming out of this for me is the legalization of marijuana. Seriously, if booze is legal so should weed.

But, knowing that the left is in bed with big pharma, I doubt they’ll ever actually deliver on it.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The thing about health care is that it's only reason is to make money and profit. You want real change then get on the FDAs ass, because they're a business.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
About the only positive I can potentially see coming out of this for me is the legalization of marijuana. Seriously, if booze is legal so should weed.

But, knowing that the left is in bed with big pharma, I doubt they’ll ever actually deliver on it.

I think that train has already left. The states that already have it legal are enjoying too much money. Other states
want in on it too, only a matter of time.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rekrul

The thing about health care is that it's only reason is to make money and profit. You want real change then get on the FDAs ass, because they're a business.

I don't think it's the FDA... In my mind the biggest issue is the insurance companies.

link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Biden is comitted to wiping out student debt.

Which I have alot of.. and it's debilitating.

If I were to make the actual real recommended payments on my student loans.. it would be like $750 a month!

That's a second rent payment!

I have a good job... but it's not enough to be able to afford a $750 a month student loan payment on top of rent, car, insurance, food, utilities, phone etc.

Luckily the Studen loans are managed by a cabinet member, so Biden can write an executive order for loan forgiveness and bypass the Senate. It would wipe out about 2/3 of my student debt.

I could then fix my credit, and put my money towards a mortgage instead.

LOL. I’m sorry, but you really think he’s going to clear student loans debt?? 😂🤣😂. Stop it, please. Just stop it. Sanders may have actually followed through with that campaign promise, but not Biden.

link   

It's big pharma. They're in the same bed

link   
An intelligent, functioning, White House TEAM.

One that knows it’s about the people — not their narcissist self & family.

One that releases official statements — not Twitter Rants.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join