It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please stay home this Halloween

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
County seat where I grew up had a large billboard type sign along the road on the edge of town.
It read: We have plenty of children, but none to spare. Please drive safely!

Someone painted in another line at the bottom:
Keep the little bastards off the street and I won't run over them!

Like my favorite movie off all time, Death Race 2,000.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Y-okay. Nothing like ignoring history and reality.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
good to hear! glad your mom is on the mend and getting better

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: LSU2018
Only temporarily while we eat the better stuff that we don't want to share with the kids. The treat IS the trunk, so either way, they get the trunk.

I approve of this type of behavior, even when it's not Halloween.

Hope your mom feels better.

It keeps them in line.

Thank you, she's much better. She's 65 so it took her a little longer to get over, having received no meds. She's a bus aide so the school made all the kids and the bus driver quarantine. They're all happy, I would be too. But mom on the other hand, I was talking to her a few days ago and she said she hopes she doesn't start being referred to as Typhoid Mary. I almost pissed myself laughing.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
County seat where I grew up had a large billboard type sign along the road on the edge of town.
It read: We have plenty of children, but none to spare. Please drive safely!

Someone painted in another line at the bottom:
Keep the little bastards off the street and I won't run over them!

Like my favorite movie off all time, Death Race 2,000.

Classic.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Maybe look into the history of all the major holidays observed by most of Christendom then.... Christmas, Easter and even the seemingly benign Valentine's Day (among others). All have deep roots in Paganism.

This is so true, whether people believe in God or not, pretty much most of the Christian and other recent/newer religious celebrations have a basis in pagan rituals/holidays.
edit on 30-10-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

a reply to: mamabeth

Y-okay. Nothing like ignoring history and reality.

We all should thank the most holy Moloch the magnificent, that in America we are allowed to believe anything we want, no matter how stupid, trivial or foolish....MAGA or GTFO!!

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
We all should thank the most holy Moloch the magnificent, that in America we are allowed to believe anything we want, no matter how stupid, trivial or foolish....MAGA or GTFO!!

I believe I'm going to start my birfday early.

Drinks are on me.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I believe that it is and I don't observe it.
www.born-again-christian.info...

My mother doesnt celebrate it either for the same reasons... shes Calvinist. Believe it or not : A Calvinist on a rez. Go figure.

She DOES enjoy pics of the great grandkids though.

You believe whatever you want to believe, youve always been very consistent concerning your faith as far as Ive ever seen.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
a reply to: LSU2018

No. Just the tropical storm that was hurricane Zeta.

The storm really wasn’t that bad, rain and some wind, just a few tree limbs fell in the local area. I think it took out a part they did not have a replacement for in the neighborhood power grid.

And now back to removing potential evil spirits.

Gotcha. We got some rain from it up here in NW Louisiana.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

I think it is truly fascinating. I listened to a podcast a few years ago, where they had a panel (all Christians) discussing the history of Easter. They got into a really interesting discussion about how these major holidays serve the human need to 'cut loose" and be something else for a short period of time. Halloween it very obviously that for us now. But Saturnalia was a good one, preChristmas. Christianity, as I am sure many here know, co-opted Samhain in order to make a better transition for the Pagans into their fold. As was done with many other celebrations. However, for people to choose to stick their heels in and disregard what is history, well, that's silly to me.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
But Saturnalia was a good one...

I'm all for bringing that one back, it sounds much less consumerized than Christmas.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Kurokage

I think it is truly fascinating. I listened to a podcast a few years ago, where they had a panel (all Christians) discussing the history of Easter. They got into a really interesting discussion about how these major holidays serve the human need to 'cut loose" and be something else for a short period of time. Halloween it very obviously that for us now. But Saturnalia was a good one, preChristmas. Christianity, as I am sure many here know, co-opted Samhain in order to make a better transition for the Pagans into their fold. As was done with many other celebrations. However, for people to choose to stick their heels in and disregard what is history, well, that's silly to me.

Astarte and her fertility eggs...

Well, for more strict xtians .. ANYTHING not of the One God is evil and therefore not pleasing to Him.... therefore not to be celebrated or observed. Its not ignorance many times... but dogma.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

But Saturnalia was a good one...

I'm all for bringing that one back, it sounds much less consumerized than Christmas.

Youre already one of our Saturnalicius princeps.....

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Its not ignorance many times... but dogma.

Oh, I understand people not celebrating certain holidays for dogmatic reasons. But to deny (which I haven't seen in this thread yet) the roots of the holidays, that is silly to me. My aunt refuses to believe that Christmas or Easter has Pagan roots. She also believes that Harry Potter was the work of the Devil and lead millions of youth away from God, of course, she hasn't read a single word of any of those books. I recommended to her

The Gospel According to Harry Potter

But she declined.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Its not ignorance many times... but dogma.

Oh, I understand people not celebrating certain holidays for dogmatic reasons. But to deny (which I haven't seen in this thread yet) the roots of the holidays, that is silly to me. My aunt refuses to believe that Christmas or Easter has Pagan roots. She also believes that Harry Potter was the work of the Devil and lead millions of youth away from God, of course, she hasn't read a single word of any of those books. I recommended to her

The Gospel According to Harry Potter

But she declined.

... and I believe my dogs actually understand English and can count... so we are all a little insane in what we believe.

I can see how and why some believe that the Potter books lead folks away.. but its more of a opening the possibilities and showing alternatives other than Christianity issue. I thnk that if a person is exposed to everything they TRULY exercise free will in their choice of Christianity or not. SInce she is already a Christian, she cant explore other possibilities due to dogma and her choice is already made. The Potter books and other things dont exactly teach any sort of religion, but show that there just might be something called magic and supernatural events may actually occur.

I told about this during the pizzagate discussions. I had gone to a Marina Abramovic event a while back. During this event hundreds of people walked by observing her suspended on this grate doing her "art" thing. After the event we were talking and she said as far as ritual.. sure its a ritual, but everyone who observes also participates in the ritual. Observation is all part of the ritual. So knowingly or unknowingly... passive observation is an "ingredient" that is absolutely necessary to the entire work. Other installations Ive seen of hers were required to be read. Words on a wall made of mysterious substances would be no more than an imbeciles poop paintings in the asylum.. but when it was READ.. thats when the magic works. Thats when the ingredients are complete.

Christian stay away from Marinas stuff for the same reason they wont read Potter books. Passive participation is still participation. Watching or reading is invitation.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

As was done with many other celebrations. However, for people to choose to stick their heels in and disregard what is history, well, that's silly to me.

I so agree.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Since I killed the thread... here.. use these for your mean haints.

Some people say that they harken back to the time of the Druids; cakes were baked around the Samhain bonfire season, and used as part of a lottery. If you drew the one burnt cake in the pile, you got to be the human sacrifice for the coming year. In other tales, the soul cake was used an offering to placate any angry ghosts who might be wandering around as the veil grew thin.

4 C flour
1 pkt active dry yeast
1 C milk
2 Tbs butter
1/2 tsp each cinnamon & salt
3/4 C sugar
1/2 C lemon zest
1 1/4 C golden raisins
Cream yeast with 1 tsp sugar & 1 tsp milk, let it get frothy. Blend flour, spices, & salt together, then cut in butter. Add the rest of the sugar to the flour mix and blend. Add milk & beaten egg onto the yeast mixture; combine with flour mixture. Beat until stiff.

Fold in raisins and zest, cover with a damp cloth and let rise. Divide in two, place each half in greased 7" round pan. Cover, let rise again for 30 minutes. Bake 1 hour at 400 degrees.

Speaking of religions coopting others... did you know these Soul Cakes were coopted (aka stolen) by the Catholics and consecrated, blessed and given to the poor?

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That looks like one from the Internet Book of Shadows. I have that downloaded. I find knowledge in many places.

I have vanquished all the frozen spirits before they thawed and became active and evil.

The freezer is clear of spoilables.

Come over to the dark side, we have cookies.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I do find it strange that some Christians condem celibrations, Easter for example, because it was pagen. The church made it Easter to take it over from the pagens. So is it good to celebrate Halloween because the same happened to that “holiday” as Easter.

Halloween is not the most evil and feared day of the year. That is Beltane, the May Day festivities are celebrating the fact you lived through the night.
edit on 10 30 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

That looks like one from the Internet Book of Shadows. I have that downloaded. I find knowledge in many places.

I have vanquished all the frozen spirits before they thawed and became active and evil.

The freezer is clear of spoilables.

Come over to the dark side, we have cookies.

www.learnreligions.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join