It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please stay home this Halloween

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Halloween is a holiday celebrated each year on October 31, and Halloween 2020 will occur on Saturday, October 31. The tradition originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off ghosts. In the eighth century, Pope Gregory III designated November 1 as a time to honor all saints. Soon, All Saints Day incorporated some of the traditions of Samhain. The evening before was known as All Hallows Eve, and later Halloween. Over time, Halloween evolved into a day of activities like trick-or-treating, carving jack-o-lanterns, festive gatherings, donning costumes and eating treats.

Ancient Origins of Halloween

Halloween’s origins date back to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain (pronounced sow-in). The Celts, who lived 2,000 years ago, mostly in the area that is now Ireland, the United Kingdom and northern France, celebrated their new year on November 1.

This day marked the end of summer and the harvest and the beginning of the dark, cold winter, a time of year that was often associated with human death. Celts believed that on the night before the new year, the boundary between the worlds of the living and the dead became blurred. On the night of October 31 they celebrated Samhain, when it was believed that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth.

In addition to causing trouble and damaging crops, Celts thought that the presence of the otherworldly spirits made it easier for the Druids, or Celtic priests, to make predictions about the future. For a people entirely dependent on the volatile natural world, these prophecies were an important source of comfort during the long, dark winter.

To commemorate the event, Druids built huge sacred bonfires, where the people gathered to burn crops and animals as sacrifices to the Celtic deities. During the celebration, the Celts wore costumes, typically consisting of animal heads and skins, and attempted to tell each other’s fortunes.

In my vision: The veil between the living and the dead is damaged and the dead (spirits) are leaking into the physical world. The veil currently can not be repaired like in the past and its growing wider each day. What is coming out will attack us both mentally and physically. This Saturday and Sunday (31 Oct-1 Nov) will be a large problem with mental sickness, attacks, and numerous injuries. Catalyst are blue moon, (full moon known to affect mentally ill), stress from US election (PTSD), Covid19 and time. Time is speeding up. We are coming to a head. Manifestations are infecting more people everyday and this Halloween will magnify it double fold. Stay away from all occult activity starting right now.

God bless you and protect you in these trying times...

DS

edit on 30-10-2020 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

You stay home.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Stopped reading at "in my vision".

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A beautiful full moon.
I’m a moon child.
I’m going out just to bath in the moonlight......🌝

I’ll be careful to not piss off the dead.....or the undead.....

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I also have a wierd feeling that we should be more careful (possibly stay away from alcohol) this weekend and put up full spiritual protection, meditate, create light, etc.

Stay safe.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Put on the armor of God. It's the intent that matters.

**EDIT**

Halloween is much like Christmas for most people. It's a mostly secular observance. Costumes and candy are not celebrated with any real intent behind them except to have fun.

Christmas is the same for a lot of folks.

You got out of these days what you put in to them. If you want Halloween to be an occult thing, then you have to put the effort of your heart and belief into making it that kind of thing. If you want Christmas to be a Christian observance, then that's what you need to put your heart and belief into.
edit on 30-10-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Stay away from alcohol and drugs this weekend.

originally posted by: Aldolas
I also have a wierd feeling that we should be more careful (possibly stay away from alcohol) this weekend and put up full spiritual protection, meditate, create light, etc.

Stay safe.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
A beautiful full moon.
I’m a moon child.
I’m going out just to bath in the moonlight......🌝

I’ll be careful to not piss off the dead.....or the undead.....

It's my birthday this weekend, I'm going to behave extra wicked. Sacrifices, alcohol consumption, setting the thermostat higher than normal. Really insane stuff.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit
I'm a moon child too.
I will definitely be out, having a fire, celebrating.
Carefully, as it is Halloween. With a full moon.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Depends on where you take it.

November 1st as the sun moves into Scorpio signifies death, and rebirth. It's a time to celebrate life with a heightened sensitivity to the spirit realm and higher levels of consciousness. It's only a dark place if you take it to a dark place.
This is the time you should honor and celebrate the cycles of life and cycles of death and honor deceased loved ones.
Some rituals involve putting out food for departed souls and having feasts to honor the spirit world and thank them for the harvests of the year. In some parts of the world it's believed that departed loved ones can return to Earth to deliver blessings to their family. Some rituals even involve leaving the doors of your house open to welcome your returning loved ones out of the cold.

I respect your opinion, or your "vision", but I don't think you're approaching with the right attitude.
If you want it to be bad, it will be s'all I'm saying.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Haven't you heard? The Devil is busy with a TV show. He's kinda left us to our own devices. Not like we need much help anyway...

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

If we all stay home what will the old gods have to eat when they make their return?

Clearly you didn’t think this through.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
In my vision: The veil between the living and the dead is damaged and the dead (spirits) are leaking into the physical world. The veil currently can not be repaired like in the past and its growing wider each day. What is coming out will attack us both mentally and physically.

To be honest,that sounds preferable to a "regular" halloween in my area.

We ususally have out of control chavs on a sophisticated blend of whippets,spice,cheap vodka and shrooms either acting like dormant clickers from "the last of us"or rampaging around residential areas smashing things up,super gluing car locks and putting fireworks through letterboxes.
Not having a village bonfire doesn't stop the fun-the community centre often makes just as nice of a fire if coaxed with a locally produced,organic molotov,and the silhouetted twitching chav zombies backlit by the fires and police lights makes for a suitably eerie halloween scene.

Given the choice,I would take your option I think.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

That's a lot to put into this...

I'm just gonna take my 4 year old ninja turtle to the church for Trunk or Treat, let him enjoy raking in the candy I'm gonna make him share with me, and then go home and enjoy some comfort snuggled up with him and my wife.

I've seen spooky things in my small town since my parents moved me out there in 1985, Halloween myths would only add a touch of spice to all of my experiences.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
I'm just gonna take my 4 year old ninja turtle to the church for Trunk or Treat...

What is this 'Trunk or Treat' you speak of? Particularly the 'trunk' part. Do you actually get to put small children in trunks?

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
At least it's not Covid related.

Anyhow

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm just gonna take my 4 year old ninja turtle to the church for Trunk or Treat...

What is this 'Trunk or Treat' you speak of? Particularly the 'trunk' part. Do you actually get to put small children in trunks?

We used to play a game with our toddler kiddo where we "chased" him through the grocery store parking lot. I was the evil mom with the shopping cart, and he and his father "ran" (holding hands and watching for cars) to our car. Once there, he had to keep his hand on our car or I could get him. If I got him, then we put him in the trunk. And yes, we actually would dump him in the trunk.

You should have seen the horrified looks we got from some people on the rare occasions we ended up dumping him in the trunk.

We never actually shut him in, but here we were, two adults "dumping" our toddler, shrieking with laughter in the trunk of our car in a public parking lot.

All the while we were teaching him to watch for traffic and we figured if he had his hand on the car, then he wasn't so far out to be in danger from other cars, so teaching him spacing. It was a glorious game.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

More people should do that, including me.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Only temporarily while we eat the better stuff that we don't want to share with the kids. The treat IS the trunk, so either way, they get the trunk.

All jokes aside, the trunks are only for the bad kids. We go inside the party hall (or whatever they call it) and I take my son to each table and he gets his bucket loaded down with candy, then we go sit with my parents and eat hotdogs (I'm an LSU fan so I wish they'd cook corndogs for once), then we go home. It beats driving to the nearest city to go door to door, I feel like those days are gone. Unfortunately, my mom tested positive for coronavirus last week so my parents won't be there this year. I guess we'll make one round and roll out (which is what I'd rather do anyways).

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Only temporarily while we eat the better stuff that we don't want to share with the kids. The treat IS the trunk, so either way, they get the trunk.

I approve of this type of behavior, even when it's not Halloween.

Hope your mom feels better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join