It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October Surprise: U.S. Economy Booms

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ringsofsaturn777
Im not saying a few quarters of explosive, record breaking growth is the "end all and be all" whatever the heck you even mean by that (i doubt you even know).

Awwww, did somebody put your cheeseburger up a flight of stairs?

Pikachu sad face....

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
Awwww, did somebody put your cheeseburger up a flight of stairs?

Pikachu sad face....

Yeah thats what I thought.
edit on 29-10-2020 by Ringsofsaturn777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Statistics without context are meaningless.

True to an extent.

In the context of the the worlds economy having been ostly shut down for months on end etc. etc. the data is even more impressive.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Wow! That isn't even closer to the previous record.

I personally pledge to never go back to a 0crat run socialocracy.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

No one has even come close to Trump on the economy. No democrat could do anything but harm it at this point. Their policies and general wrong-headedness just aren't compatible with economic success.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
GDP is a measure of economic activity. Comparing periods where there has been a deliberate move to curb much of that activity doesn't really tell you that much about the true state of the economy.

This applies both to the reduction in Q2 and the increase in Q3.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
GDP is a measure of economic activity. Comparing periods where there has been a deliberate move to curb much of that activity doesn't really tell you that much about the true state of the economy.

Incorrect.

It tells us that even after one of the most catastrophic disruptions of the worlds economy in history, our economy is recovering from it very rapidly just as Trump predicted. It easily could have taken YEARS for the economy to recover to where it already has.l, if things had been handled differently.
edit on 30-10-2020 by Ringsofsaturn777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Incorrect.

It tells us that even after one of the most catastrophic disruptions of the worlds economy in history, our economy is recovering from it very rapidly just as Trump predicted, faster than even the most optimistic forecasts.

That’s very upsetting to some people

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Incorrect.

It tells us that even after one of the most catastrophic disruptions of the worlds economy in history, our economy is recovering from it very rapidly just as Trump predicted. It easily could have taken YEARS for the economy to recover to where it already has.l, if things had been handled differently.

Unfortunately it doesn't show that at all.

Deliberate restrictions on economic activity are removed the GDP will increase.

Neither the decreae in GDP in Q2 or the increase in Q3 tell you that much about the actual economy in current circumstances.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Please go take some economics courses you dont have a clue.

Comical coming from a person who thinks the DOW components are a good economic barometer and reflective of the broader market.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
One has to look at the travel industry and the tourist industry to see any rebound in the true economic situation of its country.

Then things are not good at all, hospitality is in the toilet.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   

In the context of the the worlds economy having been ostly shut down for months on end etc. etc. the data is even more impressive.

You find it impressive that bailout money is propping up the economy? Maybe you should take your own advice on some higher education.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Comical coming from a person who thinks the DOW components are a good economic barometer and reflective of the broader market.

I dont and ive never claimed anything like that, stop making things up.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Does anyone think anymore?

No, it's all political cheering and ass-suckery. If you see something you like attribute to your team, just make sure you ignore reality in the process since it's not going to always line up with your partisan hack thought process.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I dont and ive never claimed anything like that, stop making things up.

The Original Post is using GDP and the DOW as an indicator of a improving economy, you support the Original Post, ergo you support those indicators.

The even more ridiculous part is that you think those numbers are genuine and reflective of a free market after trillions were pumped in to prop it up.

edit on 30-10-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   

You find it impressive that bailout money is propping up the economy? Maybe you should take your own advice on some higher education.

I have graduate level education in philosophy, economics and finance.

The stimulus was necessary to prevent far deeper and more permenant damage to the economy.

It was also a necessary humanatarian step. Shutting the economy completely down and making it impossoble for ppl to support themselves (w/o helping those ppl survive the crisis via stimulus, enhanced unemployment etc.) would pretty much constitute a mass scale human rights violation.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   

The Original Post is using GDP and the DOW as an indicator of a improving economy, you support the Original Post, ergo you support those indicators.

I dont think the DOW by itself is a good barometer of the economy. Now that you know that, please stop claiming that I do.. its a lie.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I have graduate level education in philosophy, economics and finance.

That's nice, then it's even more inexplicable that you think these numbers are a genuine barometer of the economy after trillions of created debt was pumped into the same.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I dont think the DOW by itself is a good barometer of the economy. Now that you know that, please stop claiming that I do.. its a lie.

Now that you've discounted half the statistics in the Original Post I guess that only part you agree with is GDP which is just as poor a number to gauge the economy after it's been artificially propped up.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

That's nice, then it's even more inexplicable that you think these numbers are a genuine barometer of the economy after trillions of created debt was pumped into the same.

Youre right that without any stimulus, enhanced unemployment etc. etc. that the economy would not be recovering as quickly (or at all), and that the human suffering would be FAR worse and last FAR longer.

None of that means the GDP number is wrong or irrelevent.. it means the measures taken were pretty effective.

edit on 30-10-2020 by Ringsofsaturn777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join