It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October Surprise: U.S. Economy Booms

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's temporary.

I saw a presentation on that.
Well I hope it's not temporary.

I am bowing out for now.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, ignore the other ones I listed.

Listen, the economy is great and is about to do really great. I was just kidding about what I was experiencing. Feel better now?

The same principal applies. You cannot look at individual companies that are struggling and conclude that the overall economy must be terrible.

What youre experiencing is not a good measure of the overall economy.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Do you see an uptick in Q2?

Slight. But it really depends on how many of the clients listed do from now until next year and if the economy fully reopens.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Keep in mind that I am an idiot, but I see consumer spending much higher right now. Business that I thought would fall off, picked up. our customers increased drastically this year, and we did remarkably well. First year of Profit after much free work and time. I see real estate at a level I have never seen.

If this is all artificial, and it may be, nobody told the plebes, and I seem to remember that being an important part of a strong economy.

But long term thinking, manufacturing of many things will be starting up. After learning the shocking hard way that no, toilet paper certainly does NOT grow on trees, and medical PPE is essential, and shouldn't be trusted to always be available.

And lumber is where it's at right now. You can't find what you need and what you find is almost triple in price.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ringsofsaturn777
You cannot look at individual companies...

Sure.

When the top names in each sector are doing poorly the economy must be booming.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You cannot look at individual companies...

Sure.

When the top names in each sector are doing poorly the economy must be booming.

It isnt true that the best companies in every sector are struggling. Please go take some economics courses you dont have a clue.
edit on 29-10-2020 by Ringsofsaturn777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ringsofsaturn777

But he has his boots on the ground at least like most of us.

It's the general consensus that gets us to the truth, and communication soldier, not a degree.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

But he has his boots on the ground at least like most of us.

It's the general consensus that gets us to the truth, and communication soldier, not a degree.

The general consensus of people actually qualified to evaluate the economy is that its growing quickly and will continue to grow quickly next year as long as we dont have to shut things down again.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Here is an optimistic Pundit's forecast from back in August.

mobile.twitter.com...

The actual number of 33% is absolutely incredible!

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

mobile.twitter.com...

Not good enough for augustus.. he must think anything less than 5x better than the most optimistic forecasts is a terrible failure... lol. What a tough one to satisfy he is (i think he might just like complaining).

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Not good enough for augustus.. he must think anything less than 5x better than the most optimistic forecasts is a terrible failure... lol. What a tough one to satisfy he is (i think he might just like complaining).

He has a brain and knows how to use it.

Hitting a grand slam is awesome, no one denies that.

Celebrating said grand slam like it is the be all and end all, when you are still losing the game, is the problem.

He sees the game, you are celebrating the hit.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
I guess from my standpoint I look at it if the economy was really really bad I think there would be a huge panic happening and things would be much much worse. Is it better to have some confidence or none at all?

The 'huge panic' won't occur until the free money starts to dry up, then you'll get the full impact of the layoffs, closures and cancellations. I don't have confidence in houses of cards.

One has to look at the travel industry and the tourist industry to see any rebound in the true economic situation of its country.

Yes businesses are hurting worldwide.
But many new types of businesses are propping up and are doing very well.
The problem is the world is becoming one large playground not only for the wealthy but also for the poor.
It is the poor that works at all these playground places that people enjoy their entertainment.
Yet they get paid just enough to entertain themselves and to survive on a weekly basis.
It's an individual thing to say the economy is booming or it's an individual thing that there's a in-house depression going on.
I can walk down the street and see 99% of the businesses closed.
I haven't figured out a way to videotape it to back up what I'm saying because the fact of it is I've been saying this for quite some time.
but in reality most of these businesses have been in business for the last three generations and the people are in their 70s and 80s and they're just they were just babysitting their the properties no customers so yes they did close up due to the virus and old age and lack of customers.

Although I'm not there to witnesses I would say you'd have to get a true outlook on the economy by going to any food banks and also any churches that give it out free food once or twice a month to anyone that's knows about where to get the food at.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

mobile.twitter.com...

So you're celebrating this along with another economic stimulus.

Does anyone think anymore?

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Also keep in mind that the Chinese gross domestic product is up 4.3%.
So China is prospering by its recent growth I would really assume that businesses that rely on the imports from China are also booming also.
An example is computer sales notebook sales.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

mobile.twitter.com...

The economic stimulus has been dead in the water since September. What are you talking about?

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

mobile.twitter.com...

The economic stimulus has been dead in the water since September. What are you talking about?

Maybe you forgot the 7 and a half trillion already spent or maybe you forgot about the one being worked on.

Moreover maybe you forgot the lauding you did a week ago over the work being done.

Regardless, hypocrisy is noted....again.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
CNN is working on their own version of an October surprise!

mobile.twitter.com...

They believe everybody is a wimp, like their experts are.
edit on 10/29/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That's fine if you see it that way. Since neither of us are running for office... seeking approval, we should not care what the other thinks.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

He has a brain and knows how to use it.

Hitting a grand slam is awesome, no one denies that.

Celebrating said grand slam like it is the be all and end all, when you are still losing the game, is the problem.

He sees the game, you are celebrating the hit.

Im not saying a few quarters of explosive, record breaking growth is the "end all and be all" whatever the heck you even mean by that (i doubt you even know).

Im saying the economy is currently growing very quickly and all the experts expect it to continue growing quickly if we dont have to shut down again.

He claims the economy isnt growing and he is simply wrong.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

That's fine if you see it that way. Since neither of us are running for office... seeking approval, we should not care what the other thinks.

Yes, apathy certainly is the most abused course of action.

I mean why take responsibility when pointing fingers is easier.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join