It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October Surprise: U.S. Economy Booms

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: UKTruth

Have you noticed I've been quoting that line the entire thread?

Yeah, but it's quite obvious from the OP that the index is not what is being discussed.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thinking rationally, how could such a thing be occurring?

Someone might be misrepresenting the truth (again), perhaps?

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The WHO, the CDC and the leftist media is misrepresenting the truth

Again

An innocuous virus is innocuous

And under Trump, the economy will always do well
edit on 31 10 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: MetalThunder

Read your sources:

Ake’s words imply that this run of record-breaking trailer sales is an anomaly...

Freight & Logistics Market Is Booming Worldwide | DHL, Wincanton, XPO Logistics, Europe Worldwide Group, Yusen Logistics and more

I'm sure ya can cherry pick something in there ...

You are 100% correct. On a personal level I can confirm XPO Logistics has been hiring many for some time here in UK. They're still hiring in US. I'm sure augie and the one too scared to sleep will disagree. Oh and on the house prices...here in UK they've been rising for months. Them pesky banks getting richer as always
have at it

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So Here's the story of the thread so far. Intelligent people (not me) have advised AugustusAbacus on GDP and growth. AugustusAbacus thinks that because they own their own Business and their customers have customers and Abacus is losing money like 123, Abacus thinks the economy is gone. Abacus also wants an end to lockdown while wanting the stimulus. Hypocrisy much. Abacus also thinks they would have bought the world if 20 years younger ....naah comet ping pong more like.

There you go Augustus I've brought myself down to your level, 33 is a beautiful bigly number yes?

I fully expect this to be removed but hey.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

No, it's because most of the country has reopened

We'd have an economic collapse with at least 200,000,000 dead if we had listened to them.

Under Trump we have a strong economy. Stock market like never before, records constantly broken. Stock is affordable to any person, no xcuse to not take advantage
edit on 10/31/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This is not the economy. This is because of money pumped into the financial markets. The economy is suffering, because the covid panic is keeping real supply and demand down.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

No, it's because most of the country has reopened

We'd have an economic collapse with at least 200,000,000 dead if we had listened to them.

Under Trump we have a strong economy. Stock market like never before, records constantly broken. Stock is affordable to any person, no xcuse to not take advantage

The natural cycle of the disease is between 14-28 days. If everywhere in the states had stayed in sync and stayed the course, locking down, social distancing, closing businesses and self-isolating, then you'd have no communicable sources of the virus within the country in that time frame.

The virus comes from somewhere and transmits by known paths. You break the transmission paths and allow it to burn out in the infected community, and it is over until the next ingress into the community.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

While that's probably true, there was no way to do it. People were still going to work, still getting groceries, still leaving your home etc.

The problem is you can't confine people that have committed no crime and been afforded no due process.

Government doesn't have that power and we'd be crazy to let them assume it. They will just abuse it like they've done with every other power we've given them. Its a big mistake one we are not going to make
edit on 11/2/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

While that's probably true, there was no way to do it. People were still going to work, still getting groceries, still leaving your home etc.

The problem is you can't confine people that have committed no crime and been afforded no due process.

Government doesn't have that power and we'd be crazy to let them assume it. They will just abuse it like they've done with every other power we've given them. Its a big mistake one we are not going to make

There was a way to do it, but everyone jumped out of the process before it had completed and didn't synchronize their efforts and so one infected state/city reinfected a previously clear one.

The point is raising a block against the transmission of a virus, not imprisonment. Those who try and do something with innappropriate tools and techniques are sure to fail.

People can social distance, avoid crowds, track contacts, and all sorts, without it being too onerous in regard to freedom. There is such a thing as freedom from getting a contagion, too. Currently, the US doesn't seem to offer that option.

The hint is that other countries have done what you have said is not possible.

edit on 2/11/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Those worried about the virus are free to protect themselves. Nobody is preventing them from wearing full BSL-4 suits, masks, gloves, gowns, eye pro, etc. They can stay home or even quit their job, and nobody will lift a finger to stop them.

I agree with what you're saying, it *could* have been stopped. But the price for that was too high.

Far too high for something that will kill less than 1/3 of 1% of the entire population. 4 million die annually anyhow. I'll be curious to see if *that* number increases at all, or if as I suspect its people already with one foot in the drain (I'm one of em)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join