It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melting Ice Reveals Undeniable 60ft Wide Disc Stuck in the Ground of Antarctica

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

kind of look's like a melt pool

or it could be someone's prefab base(the US or Russia or whoever)

definitely worth keeping an eye on

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: Ophiuchus1...Even on Google maps you can see where water/snowmelt has run down hill into it.

You mean like this?

(I’m using google earth not maps)...

Until an expedition.... no one will ever really know, huh?

That's mental, at the other pics I was like "that's definitely a metal disc"

Then I saw this pic and was like "that's definitely a pond"

Perspective is a b1tch 😒

If that's a pond then it's a pond sitting sideways on a cliff surrounded by ice on one side and rock on the other.

Wait what? So the correct angle is sideways??? Fuuuuuuuuk 🤯

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

True I did a story about it back then..

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

And yet it remains a meltwater pond...
Antarctic UFO or Pond

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Looks like a frozen pond, with an ice layer around the periphery.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

originally posted by: 0bserver1

And yet it remains a meltwater pond...
Antarctic UFO or Pond

Yes your picture shows it clearly I think.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011
Ponds would not form and then get frozen on a steeply inclined surface. Also, the rim is too sharp and smoothly curved to be the edge of a pond. Other ponds/lakes shown nearby display ragged "shorelines". The edges of this look far smoother with a shoreline that looks unnaturally even and smooth.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Did you happen to actually look at the area in question?

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

maybe the ice is melting because the core of the vessel is leaking radiation , aliens !
but its not in this case
that would be dead obvious as it would have melted in a perfect circle around the craft

edit on 14-10-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
if this was a crashed vessel wouldnt it have scraped a big path into the bedrock as it crashed , unless it was a controlled landing

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Slight sidebar... did you know

Source Link: www.seabeesmuseum.com...

One of the most notable achievements took place in 1962 when the Navy’s builders constructed Antarctica’s first nuclear power plant at McMurdo Station

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: Ophiuchus1...Even on Google maps you can see where water/snowmelt has run down hill into it.

You mean like this?

(I’m using google earth not maps)...

Until an expedition.... no one will ever really know, huh?

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
That's mental, at the other pics I was like "that's definitely a metal disc"

Then I saw this pic and was like "that's definitely a pond"

Perspective is a b1tch 😒
We are so easily fooled by the simplest things like an odd perspective of the same image, aren't we?
We don't like to admit we are so easily fooled, but this is all it takes, something as simple as rotating a photo.

originally posted by: charlyv
This is the correct orientation and aspect. It is a pond. The shadows are correct and if you look to the north (by changing your angle upward toward sky), you will see the ocean in the same horizontal aspect.
Wait a minute...the OP said it was undeniable, but it sounds like you're denying it. How can you deny something that's undeniable?

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Melting Ice Reveals Undeniable 60ft Wide Disc Stuck in the Ground of Antarctica
For something that's "Undeniable", there seem to be a fair number of people denying it.

People get fooled by bodies of water. This "UFO" photographed from STS-134 was thought to be a flying saucer, there's a thread on ATS about it. But it too is a body of water. To me it looks sort of round, but not perfectly round, so I'm not sure why this fooled people, but it did, see the round-ish (but not perfectly round) disc shape in the lower left.

edit on 20201014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

We would not believe in other worldly life, even if a real picture was presented.

And yet you'd find it difficult to find anybody who does NOT believe in other-worldly life elsewhere. Isn't THAT more important?

Whether they've bothered to go through the scientific gymnastics to pop up in our neck of the infinite woods is the main question, of course. But isn't even that notion a little arrogant for a relatively average little planet around a relatively average Sun in a relatively average solar system among trillions? Nevertheless, I naturally WANT to believe, and a handful of strange cases over 70 years are seductive enough to feed that entertaining notion.

Visitation is entirely possible of course, but how PROBABLE? If we're talking in terms of the next five billion years before the Sun fizzles out (and long after we have destroyed ourselves), the odds are higher, but we're a rather self-obsessed, impatient species in the meantime - since everything must happen NOW, dammit!!! Wahhhhh!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage
We only know when we get there ,until then it stays a mystery..

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
How many times have we had a blurry image that everyone jumped to conclusions on?
Like literally thousands.

In this day and age, high res or it did not happen.

Carry on. Drink your beer. Nothing to see here.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
There are 7100 people at Google Maps dedicated to imagery analysis and correction - they did not miss a giant ufo on a mountain - there images have far greater resolution than what is displayed but that is not commercially necessary to achieve there product aims and avoid embarrassing and sensitive things through lower resolutions.
edit on 15-10-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I got that as well but you can’t zoom in with any more clarity. It might just be the shape of how it melted along with swirling wind drifts. It appears lodged under rock.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan
How many times have we had a blurry image that everyone jumped to conclusions on?
Like literally thousands.

In this day and age, high res or it did not happen.

Carry on. Drink your beer. Nothing to see here.

I bet you use that argument to ignore EVERY photo or video of objects (flying or non-flying) that are not straightforward to identify. In truth, it's a dishonest, cheap way of dismissing anything that your mind-set/philosophy finds difficult to pidgeon hole. Just because an image is not sharp enough to eliminate various interpretations of it does not imply there is "nothing to see here." Scientists do not dismiss difficult-to-explain phenomena simply because they don't (yet) have enough data to identify/explain them. They keep them on file until they have refined their experimental apparatus so that they DO have enough data to eliminate possible candidate explanations. That is the way of science - not ignoring new phenomena merely because they don't possess adequate data to eliminate possible explanations.

Your attitude is unscientific. In the absence of adequate data, the proper viewpoint should be one of suspending judgement and remaining impartial. The typical internet attitude of "pics or it never happened" is just a form of intellectual evasion that is more interested in inviting peer respect than it is in solving a real problem.
edit on 16-10-2020 by micpsi because: typo corrected.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here is how the truth can be found..... ATS members!... head em up and move em out....

Since your not spending money due to COVID.... you should have the funding it would take to mount an Expedition. If this is not done by the citizenry of planet earth 🌎.... you will never be able to answer the question whether what you are seeing is a Melt Pond or Un-Worldly. To depend on Earth’s governments will be futile.

(Up to this point in the thread.. I still think 🤔 it’s a POND)

Otherwise you can add more pages of “one has to wonder” arguments to this thread until the mutilated cows come home....

Antarctica Expeditions

antarctic-logistics.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Im in.

Would love to go there see what Admiral byrd seen

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join