It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masks and safety

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The president of the United States is in the hospital with covid. Critics of the president want to point out he doesn’t wear a mask often on camera, and cite his behavior as why he got the virus in the first place. However we have been told by the “experts” that masks don’t provide personal protection, they are there to protect others from you. It doesn’t offer self protection. There have been lots of bold claims made about what is and isn’t safe these days... data showing European countries that didn’t use masks have lower infection rates than those who did...

Do masks protect the wearer? Or others? Or...?
edit on 5-10-2020 by Rob808 because: Phat thumbs

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
However we have been told by the “experts” that masks don’t provide personal protection, they are there to protect others from you. It doesn’t offer self protection.

Do masks protect the wearer? Or others? Or...?

Just consider the irony/stupidity of that statement, "they don't provide personal protection" so how do they protect others personal protection from you. Then there's the health care workers that wear them constantly but still thousands allegedly get infected.

Masks may offer minimal protection from unfriendlys but at what cost, constantly reinhaling your own CO2/ reduced fresh Oxygen intake/ skin around mouth and nose unvented and unable to breath....

Masks suck! and anyone who wears one for prolonged periods of time will have to agree they are at a minimum annoying and discomforting.

Sure the sheeple will say tuff its for everyones protection - but I say nonsense we have a immune system use it.....The true purpose of the masks - to wear down and reduce our immune systems capacity to evolve, recognize and adapt - after all their claiming masks BY LAW will have to be worn for the foreseeable future and that is an absolute load of unessassary BS if i ever heard it.

Can you hear the communist totalitarian drum beats banging away??????? I can.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

We all know the pics of surgeons, dropping after 5 or 10 minutes under those airthight N95-masks! They should be banned, banned I say/write!!

/s, just in case.

Nobody suffocates under a mask. Stop being a [derogatory name for a small cat]!

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   
... the claim is masks stop your droplets from going out into the air for others to breath... that’s how they stop your “germs” from going to others.

edit on 5-10-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I don't think anyone believes that he caught it due to his lack of wearing a mask. He caught it because hardly anyone around him ever wears a mask. I also wouldn't be surprised if he was getting the old Lewinsky treatment from Hope Hicks, who seems to be the one who brought it to his circle.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Protected me from urine, blood, feces, vomit, infectious oozing whatever, AID's....for 30+ years. Why do you think?

EMT/Paramedic
edit on 5-10-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

We all know the pics of surgeons, dropping after 5 or 10 minutes under those airthight N95-masks! They should be banned, banned I say/write!!

/s, just in case.

Nobody suffocates under a mask. Stop being a [derogatory name for a small cat]!

Seems you need to do a lot more research on the effects of wearing a mask long term my ever trying to run me down fellow member of this conspiracy world.

But seen as you want to be a smartypants in your last paragraph - I'll just say it's RIGHT not Write - and I'm the derogatory name for a small cat. Get an idea if your gonna pretend to be intelligent.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
... the claim is masks stop your droplets from going out into the air for others to breath... that’s how they stop your “germs” from going to others.

Yes i know I'm just wondering how that works out for health care workers or even mystery cases.
This virus is transmitted by touch moreso well before the mask wearer breaths it in after touching their face to adjust the stupid thing.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I addressed the data here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Without data, all they will do is repeat talking points with no real world data to back it up. They’ll mock your wanting freedom while ignoring that the trajectory of cases does not change or even alter the direction of the case rates.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperStudChuck

Geez...just read what I said above!

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Coughing or sneezing into the crook of your elbow is more effective than a mask for containing ejecta from your mouth. Masks are basically useless and irrelevant if you know proper hygiene practices.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

A basic high school biology course will teach you that a mask does absolutely nothing to stop a virus.

Why are there so many science deniers?

Why won't the maskers trust science?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Mask free today in Michigan and it feels good

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Not gonna protect us in the event of biological warfare or from that a-hole at the farmers market who has the covid19 and wearing his mask half off sneezing over everything.

Its all circumstantial at best. Will you catch it? Will you win the lottery? Will a venomous scorpion from Brazil end up on your bananas that you bought at the store and brought home to lead up to it biting you causing your untimely death?
I dont know....
What I do know is, I've got this rash on my arm and I've been putting cream on it everyday but its not helping what else can I use?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

I have. For 30 yrs.

EMT

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Protected me from urine, blood, feces, vomit, infectious oozing whatever, AID's....for 30+ years. Why do you think?

EMT/Paramedic

I am not understanding? You didn't mention droplets. How are you protected from infectious ooz or feces by a mask those are not airborne, and what does that have to do with a virus?
Would not the thinks you mentioned be protection by gloves?
edit on 5-10-2020 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The issue on masks...as barriers...some better than others..is I'm alive after years of p.p.e.

911? We come. Always the same worldwide: Gloves and masks. Every. Time.

The validity is self proven everyday in surgery...and life support.
edit on 5-10-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The issue on masks...as barriers...some better than others..is I'm alive after years of p.p.e.

911? We come. Always the same worldwide: Gloves and masks. Every. Time.

The validity is self proven everyday in surgery...and life support.

How many hours do you wear them, I see little kids looking like they are having a difficult time with breathing.
Are you trained to wear them, do you touch and fondle the germ laden masks?
Why does it protect to wear it INTO a restaurant but ok to lay it on the table while you eat? How is tat helping?
The validity seems to not apply as to wearing them unless you are talking about the Covid19 virus specifically.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

EMT/Paramedic

I think that wearing masks to protect people if there is a risk is appropriate. I never wore a mask for dust if there was no dust around, same with germs. I think that the risk of flu or pneumonia will also be reduced by masks. You probably did not wear a mask if there was very low risk did you?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Youre discussing particulars...which change person to person, situationally.

There are Trillions of people, situations etc...it boogles the mind.

But, we do our best. Masks and gloves. Everytime.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join