It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masks and safety

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You make me smile again K!😁 That oxymoron: kids-and-easy...in the same sentence! Touch'e

edit on 7-10-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Well look all around the world and it's true. Most of the cases brought in to elementary schools are adults bringing it in, and those cases haven't led to widespread outbreaks, maybe a few isolated cases.

Generally, the kids who get it, get it from an older family member at home, not from another kid or casual contact from another adult.

And generally speaking, of all age groups, the kids under 10 are the very least likely to suffer ill effects from it. So they're the ones we should worry the least about, and any masking up for them should be in the rare instances where they are interacting with the most vulnerable like grandma.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, yeah. All points correct.

My fears with kids is they are...kids. Hard to get them focused....and all day, yet?This prob won't end well...

I'll just say one word: "Barrier" by definition....w all variables, reasons, instances....and yes my friend...wacky as all get out...but we got nothing else for now.

Stay well, Kets....

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
To all: It's a huge generality of precautions across the board because we have nothing else.

Case by case. Bee sting, gunshot, Covid symproms, AIDS...we can only glive n mask, cross fingers and go from there

Not entirely true.

There are plexiglass barriers all over hell and creation.
With them in place, there should be no need for masks.

I see overkill.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
To all: It's a huge generality of precautions across the board because we have nothing else.

Case by case. Bee sting, gunshot, Covid symproms, AIDS...we can only glive n mask, cross fingers and go from there

Not entirely true.

There are plexiglass barriers all over hell and creation.
With them in place, there should be no need for masks.

I see overkill.

Ah, good evening Monsouir DTOM! You are of course, astute in your observations...as usual, of course.

We got shields n screens n masks and vinyl curtains...alas, as society, our future's challenging.

And can we even procreate with full-body condoms on????

Stay well...

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Good morning to you, dear MS!!!!!

I'd rather have plexiglass than be masked.
I really, REALLY don't like masks.
I doubt they do nearly as much good as the "officials" say they do.

It's a marvel to me that the signs to not wear sunglasses, hats, etc. are still on the doors of banks.....but we hide our faces with masks ;-)

I plan on doing an experiment.
Taking my O2 level before and after masking for a couple of hours.
Next time I have to wear it for more than 10 minutes.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Great! They are hassle/necessary evil for now.

For gosh sakes, judge for oneself...I gotta breathing problems myself but...?

Alternatives? Across the board? Lordy...not many...let us know how your calculations go!

Best to Ms.Tread...
Stay well.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I think what most of us object to is the mask and other mandates. We are not children. We are capable of taking responsibility for our actions.
There are fines and jail time connected to not wearing a mask, but people burn buildings, point lasers at people and go free? Do you see a contradiction here??

You stay well, too!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I do. We are grasping at straws for relief and protection. It's all we got.

And that? Is TPTB that keeps us in line...supply line...and they failed us.

No one. No-body...likes to be told what to do.

That's why I'm a Triage spec....I assess and delagate others to treat. Stop talking, mask, gloves, gown...and go.

Nearly impossible with kids....

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Somehow ... between wearing the mask to the few places I still go because I hate wearing a mask and not going hardly anywhere, I managed to pick up a cold.

Pretty sure that's what it is. Low grade fever, sinuses on fire. No cough, no trouble breathing ...

How did I manage to get a cold with a mask on?

edit on 9-10-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Is anyone using this Duke 2020 Study to substantiate mask use for COVID-19? I understand that if you can smell anything while wearing a mask, it isn't going to stop aerosolized COVID-19 virus from passing through it.

edit on 10/10/2020 by ontarff because: Add Youtube video.

edit on 10/10/2020 by ontarff because: Added additional text.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join