It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masks and safety

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Masks cause reduced blood oxygen levels in the brain.

You fatigue easily and eventually become Dumber and more docile.. due to re inhaling a little carbon dioxide each time you breathe.

I started a thread on this subject a few months ago with research included therein.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Hey, rickym! How are you? Yes, of course we go by each case not wearing...

Look at it this way. Big generality here....

If you're having surgery, open heart or worse (please no, hypothetical)...would you tell all the surgical team that you don't believe, like,nor will wear masks. As they pour over your open insides...!

And, what if an A.I.D.s or similar infectious disease patient...wear infectious to me?

Stay well rm. Always a pleasure ...MS

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Youre discussing particulars...which change person to person, situationally.

There are Trillions of people, situations etc...it boogles the mind.

But, we do our best. Masks and gloves. Everytime.

Trillions of people? When did the global population jump from about 8 billion to a trillion?

You did side-step Sea's questions, though. How does a mask (edit: or virus, for that matter) manage to differentiate between eating sans mask, and standing up & donning a mask at the table you're eating at? See, there's a disconnect here, but it's consistently avoided in the realm of discussion.
edit on 10/5/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Masks cause reduced blood oxygen levels in the brain.

You fatigue easily and eventually become Dumber and more docile.. due to re inhaling a little carbon dioxide each time you breathe.

I started a thread on this subject a few months ago with research included therein.

Actually too little CO2 in the body can cause problems too, it needs to be balanced. Wearing a mask for a long time can unbalance it though, for twenty minutes it wouldn't bother most people. They actually have to give patients CO2 occasionally for some kinds of conditions, I never knew that before researching treatments for certain conditions. I guess when a person panics and breathes into the bag, it helps to get them back to normal for this reason. Here is a link to a quizlet. I know it isn't evidence, but I don't feel like googling for better explanation at this time. quizlet.com...
edit on 5-10-2020 by rickymouse because: changed word.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Gooday, friend. You are correct here in every way.

We've just never found any great barrier to serve all purposes.

And, yeah they suc...ceed (see how I did that!)...in being suffocating...

Thanks for playing đź‘Ť

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Again, your talking particulars...and there are trill-ons ok...a lot...of variables without 1 answer.

I'll say through this discourse, this conversation has a chance for better, different p.p.e.'s than now...and maybe alternatives when I go out and dine with the wife!

That's good. It's a start...Stay good
edit on 5-10-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Protected me from urine, blood, feces, vomit, infectious oozing whatever, AID's....for 30+ years. Why do you think?

EMT/Paramedic

If my local grocery store was like that : would seriously consider changing...

LoL ! Ok : you know am just teasing.

Would bet dollars-to-doughnuts that you only wore masks for interventions : and not for 30 years of team-meetings, training, cruising-around in the ambulance, going to the store, etc...

Now : we're all interventions, because we're all supposedly sick, all of the time.
Nobody likes to feel poisonous, and it may well be psychologically damaging for our susceptible ones.

Mask-up, and get your Covid-19™ vaccine : or you are a sociopath !!

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Thanks for playing đź‘Ť

Last year, the World Health Organization conducted an extensive study of the effects of masks with reducing FLU transmission.

Conclusion?

Ineffective: justthenews.com...

Aren't Covid-19 viruses about the same size as Flu viruses?

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Thanks for playing đź‘Ť

Last year, the World Health Organization conducted an extensive study of the effects of masks with reducing FLU transmission.

Conclusion?

Ineffective: justthenews.com...

Aren't Covid-19 viruses about the same size as Flu viruses?

I'm not qualified to say that. My experience is in Emergency and Life Support response. Triage, my thing.

No easy answers...and it's just 1 of many

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Then let's get em out of surgeries, ped's units, everywhere.

Really, misguided there overall. Even for you...best, MS

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Youre discussing particulars...which change person to person, situationally.

There are Trillions of people, situations etc...it boogles the mind.

But, we do our best. Masks and gloves. Everytime.

Masks Blamed For Illnesses and Hospital Visits For Children
Patrick Howley | National File
October 6th 2020, 5:18 pm

www.wfxg.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Then let's get em out of surgeries, ped's units, everywhere.

Really, misguided there overall. Even for you...best, MS

Some places are requiring little kids to wear a mask all day at school there are many different "requirements".

Dr. Rogelio Delacruz with Doctor's Hospital says, “In a way, the mask can protect you but if the person wearing the mask already has it, the humidity under the mask makes the bacterial grow more.”

According to Doctors Hospital, the rash will look something similar to a cigarette burn and contains a contagious honey-colored fluid.

www.wfxg.com...

The office of California Governor Gavin Newsom urged citizens to wear masks “in between bites” of food when dining in public with family.

“Going out to eat with members of your household this weekend? Don’t forget to keep your mask on in between bites,” Newsom’s office tweeted Saturday

The tweet included an illustration of a woman not using a mask only when she’s taking a bite of food, but otherwise she’s fully masked.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Think you're are confusing things
1 when operating people, doctors are normal closer than 6 feet so large particles need to be stopped from dropping onto patient.

2 the masks in the ordinary operation room don't stop all viral spread. N95 i.e. 5% get thru ( higher percentage than deaths from covid so must be HUGE problem )

3. People in the street have incorrectly fitted masks and are most likely unhygienic from re-use and cross contamination from touching it, putting in their pockets cars etc.

4. Doctors are clean and not wandering around supermarkets on their way to the operation room in their PPE picking up other bacteria than covid.

Evidence from the government charts show mask mandates have not stopped the virus from spreading. All it does is stop some spit, there will be a huge increase in cases until the virus can no longer find a host. That's a fact.

If we don't know how long immunity lasts then the sooner most of the healthy people get it the sooner there is less hosts.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Yes. Individual positive and negative effects. So?

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

I'm confusing nothing. I have 30+ years in U of M Med Center, Advanced Life Support.

To think I'm confused? Shows you are...

EMT
Advanced Life Support
FEMA/Dept of Homeland Security
Region 2, South

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Except Hicks is known for being mask conscientious. She's been mocked by others for it.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Absolutely children will have HUGE problems. I don't have any easy answer....

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Impetigo sucks.

I got it a few times after swimming at the lake. It got in through a fly bite or scrape, but it was always one my legs. It eats away around the scab that forms.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Absolutely children will have HUGE problems. I don't have any easy answer....

The easy answer is that children shouldn't necessarily need to wear them at all. The research shows that of all age groups kids 10 and under are the least likely to get it and pass it on if they do have it. Most times when there is a case in a school, especially an elementary, it's the adults there who bring it in, not the children.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
To all: It's a huge generality of precautions across the board because we have nothing else.

Case by case. Bee sting, gunshot, Covid symproms, AIDS...we can only glive n mask, cross fingers and go from there

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join