It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First woman sentenced for her role in Nxivm sex cult

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Seagram's heiress Clare Bronfman was sentenced Wednesday to just under seven years in prison in connection with her role in the Nxivm cult.

Bronfman has pleaded guilty to two charges of identity theft and immigration fraud, according to The New York Times.

Bronfman's sentencing came at the end of a hearing in which nine women testified about Bronfman's involvement in their victimization by the cult.

Several alleged she harassed them with lawsuits or attempted to persuade prosecutors to charge them criminally after they left the cult. Numerous witnesses begged her to disown Keith Raniere, the founder of the group, who witnesses have said groomed female members of the group as sexual partners.

First woman sentenced for her role in Nxivm sex cult

So....someone is getting sentenced, but seems pretty light to me for what all was going on in this group.

While reading through the article, this little tidbit caught my attention:

She also allegedly hired a firm to obtain the private financial data of public figures ranging from journalists to Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.).

Now.....is it possible she actually obtained info to hold over these folks and made a plea deal for shorter term and not pleading to any of the sex stuff?

Definitely a odd "Easter egg" to mention in a story like this.....

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I wonder if Chuck was a member? That would be uncomfortable.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I wonder if Chuck was a member? That would be uncomfortable.

Well....my thought is it would be odd for her to be looking into financial records of anyone that wasn't a member....I would think it would have to be current members she was digging on so she could hold something over their head for money or power somehow.

This would make a excellent reason for a plea deal for guilty plea but with a light sentence if she was able to obtain these records.

I am trying to find more info on who all she was digging on.
edit on 9/30/20 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Starting to wonder if this cult had a LOT more info on people than we are hearing about.....even tied to Epstein in a manner.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Starting to wonder if this cult had a LOT more info on people than we are hearing about.....even tied to Epstein in a manner.

With all the high profile members, there is a chance this is what all the cool kids were doing.
I hope everyone involved gets the justice they so richly deserve.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Odd....I would have thought this would bring a bit more discussion.

It ties in to a LOT of big names and based on the sentence, I would say this one talked.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

It seems that way, but could it have also just been a lack of actual evidence? Witnesses to this and that, but was there maybe not enough of a leg to stand on for more serious charges? (Whatever her part in it all may have been?)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

It seems that way, but could it have also just been a lack of actual evidence? Witnesses to this and that, but was there maybe not enough of a leg to stand on for more serious charges? (Whatever her part in it all may have been?)

My thought on it is because she plead guilty. That typically never happens in high profile cases involving very rich and well connected people. I am thinking she cut a pretty big deal to stay out of prison for longer.

I mean this is someone who is close friends with many political figures and definitely has the money to pay for the very best attorneys around.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

About time....wheels of justice move slowly...

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Should have it on RATS and then you would have a discussion.

S+F for the info!

Are others being tried (I forget how many are facing trial)?

Nice to some wealthy people go to prison even if it seems light sentence.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Should have it on RATS and then you would have a discussion.

S+F for the info!

Are others being tried (I forget how many are facing trial)?

Nice to some wealthy people go to prison even if it seems light sentence.

Good idea....I will start another there.

new topics

top topics

join