It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do you deal knowing you will die?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
as the title says how do you deal with knowing you will die? its a question that haunts me everyday, if i die and nothing happens then nothing mattered , if i die and something happens then i failed, atleast i think i failed, i know when we die our brain releases dmt, which according to wiki is N,N-Dimethyltryptamine ('___' or N,N-'___') is a chemical substance that occurs in many plants and animals and which is both a derivative and a structural analog of tryptamine, its considered a psychedelic drug, is that all the end is? a high?

what do you think ats?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
make your peace with God and everything will fall into place.

for your life as well as your death.

once I was driving down the road and someone pulled out in front of me and I was sure I was going to die. intense moment. I was very blessed to survive.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
That was a huge problem for me I was in agony almost.

Then I read about the Rapture in the Bible where Paul says there will be a generation that does not die and they'll be known throughout eternity as the group that did not die in scripture not paraphrasing not even paraphrasing.

Love you
edit on 15-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Bible interpretation aside...

When I was being transported from one hospital to a larger hospital for a clot & possible surgery that "didn't usually have a good outcome" I thought I would be scared to death. I wasn't. I prayed and said "God, thank you for allowing me to be put in a position where I HAVE to depend on and trust You." From that point on I was as calm as could be. I knew that whatever the outcome, I would be ok. I also knew my family would be ok in the long run.

Truth be told, when you don't have time to think about it it's not a big deal. When you know it might be coming it's a lot more difficult. When I was having the heart attack last year I thought I was done for. I'm still here so I believe God has some plan for me to carry out, I just don't know what it is.

If you're not a believer then it's probably a different story. I couldn't tell you what that's like.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I don’t think that I really fear death, I have certainly looked the grim reaper in the face a few times. I hope that when my time comes that I can go out with peace and dignity.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

I got really high on mushrooms, had my whole personality strip away from me, really truly believed I was going to die when some fireworks started. Like it was happening, it was inevitable. Then the fireworks started, I didn't die, life went on, everything came back together. Since then i've been ok with the idea of not existing, I don't want to die, but i'm not worried about it. Everyone dies someday, it's one of those very few things we all share, whatever happens, wherever we go, each of us'll get there someday.

The thing that terrifies me is becoming a quadriplegic or brain damaged or losing some limbs or major senses or something and then continuing to live.
edit on 15/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I try not to have any regrets. I do the best I can always, and ask for forgiveness if I need to. Most of all love my family and make sure they know without a doubt I will always love them.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
death is easy. You don't even have to be good at it, and it will happen just the same. Living on the other hand is difficult. I'd stress over that part much more than death. Just be sure you are happy with your spiritual body, try to take care of your Earthly body, and be sure those you care about know how much. the rest, is academic.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I'll deal with it when i'm dead

although I recently watched a short video about an american philosopher who wrote books about death and dying and then when he was older and like 89 he started to really think about dying and how it worried him
I think he said you should be more worried about not living , maybe he said that or someone else did

so just make sure you make the most of life so you dont worry about being dead because you have lived a life full of experiences good and bad , made mistakes and got some breaks
just make sure you live and dont become to sedentary

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Death, the one thing that makes us all equal. We’re all going to die, everyone of us, and like being born, we get to take the journey of death.

It is a miracle you are even existing and reading this right now! You beat out millions of sperm and won the race to the center of the egg! You have already won, now you get to celebrate that victory.

You can spend your days fearing this inevitable event or you can spend your days living this miracle.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Its not the fact that im going to die that scares me, its how many ways thay I could die that scares me.

Will God be laughing with me or against me.
edit on 15-9-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Come to know Jesus and you will have your answer.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I only think about dying as it relates to how it might affect my friends and family. When the time comes to take that dirt nap I want to be at peace with my friends and family, be able to pay for my own funeral, and not leave a ton of crap for others to have to go through and throw away.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman
as the title says how do you deal with knowing you will die? its a question that haunts me everyday, if i die and nothing happens then nothing mattered , if i die and something happens then i failed, atleast i think i failed ...

We all know that we're going to die. Most of us just don't have the luxury of knowing when. You will die; hence, I'm not entirely certain that I understand the question.

As to your additional comments, live today to make your life mean something, even if just for a handful of people. Truth is, most of us will be forgotten well within a generation of our passing. Very few of us will be remembered beyond our children - if have any. Maybe our grand children. Those who are famously or historically remembered are not really remembered; their accomplishments are remembered, their fame or infamy is remembered; but they are not remembered. Who they really were is just as lost for the historically famous as it will be for you and me. Once their children and close circle of friends are gone, their real memory is erased.

Make a real difference, a positive mark in somebody's life today. Let that be your mark. Make your self someone to be missed, to leave a hole in somebody's world when you depart.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RKWWWW
I only think about dying as it relates to how it might affect my friends and family. When the time comes to take that dirt nap I want to be at peace with my friends and family, be able to pay for my own funeral, and not leave a ton of crap for others to have to go through and throw away.

The impact of my passing on my wife, my daughter, my son and my mother are all I really care about. For anyone beyond those four, they'll deal and their world will go on much as it had before.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I was the same way until I started having a few out of body experiences. It cured me of most of my fear of physical death. Still don't want to die because you don't know what's next.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

How do I deal with my ultimate demise?

Because A. Not much I can do about it.

Which leads to B. Prayer.

Ain't nobody getting out of this deal alive. Trust me kiddo, once you hit 65, the clock is ticking and it's time to get right with whichever deity you subscribe to.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I look at it this way, If im right, its gonna be another great adventure

If im wrong, I wont know it anyway.

But too be honest in my over half a century on this planet ive experienced far too many things in the paranormal to believe that WE end when our bodies do.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Oh don't concern yourself over such nonsense, after all the spiritual and UFO Orb / mothership experiences I can advise you your self goes on..................... It's only your material body (plus all the other material crap you acquired) that dies and be glad for it, having a human body with all its reliability issues is a pain in the arse. When it falls away then YOU are free

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join