It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Together [CT 2020]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I met an Oregon oak some 35 years ago
that started as two side by side.

Through some accident of fate
one early in life made a radical turn
and grew into the other.
Two became one.

Two root systems and trunks
but one set of branches and leaves.

Now that oak is in the line of fire
and I am so far away.

I'm hoping that others there can stop that line.
They are in this together.
All for one.
One for all.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Very beautiful but quite sad. Impermanence exist at the root of every happiness. Ever silent but never still.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

The Tree:
A naturalist by nature,
moves only to live and grow.

Can we move so much faster?
Run so much further?

My First Wife works in a Covid hot spot.
My Daughter's work place has a case.
Yesterday my Grand Daughter got tested too.

These are my people
around whom I live
and with whom I interact.

Run so much further?

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Run so much further?

Grow so much deeper?

Yes, we can.

Wishing your family and you the best.

Beautiful piece.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Do you think, sheep love one another, as humans do.
When we eat lamb, is it the meat we love or the existance of love.
If the ego-brain is only interested in the joys it recieves.
It is not something we can outrun.
We can only say, thou art not that.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Love is something I'm confused about.

I was walking on a trail in a wooded area. I rounded a corner and saw a doe, standing broadside to me. She seemed startled but not fearful. Then she did a strange thing.

She stepped back, revealing a faun that she had obscured from my view at first. Then she stepped forward again so that the faun was between her and myself.

My first thought was that she was offering her own child as a sacrifice to the predator to save herself. As I was preparing to scold her for that, I looked a little closer at her facial expression. "Oh. I get it," I thought "You are showing your faun and looking for approval."

So I said, "Yes. That's a very fine faun. Well done. Would you like me to bless it?"

Deer don't speak English, and don't even talk a lot, but she didn't move, so I blessed the faun and then I blessed the doe. Then backed away so they could move off the trail into the underbrush.

Deer are like children. They don't have long lives in the wild, and therefore lack in experience.

I ate some lamb one time and didn't much care for it. I like beef and pork and smoked fish. Best of all, I like dairy products like cheese, especially smoked cheese.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Wishing your family and you the best.

Tests came back negative today.

My daughter is sick, so off from work for a while.
My son in law hurt his back badly yesterday, so he's off for two weeks.

It's crazy to think sickness and injury are good things to keep people out of circulation. Crazy times!

My daughter and I are colluding to get my First Wife a nice birthday present. I worry. I wish her long life in which to enjoy it.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Animals have to stay in the Now for survival, they cannot afford to daydream in past/future, as that would result in annihilation. So you didn't have to speak, the fawn feels your thoughts. It is not them that cannot speak, it is us that have lost the ability to hear. The fawn felt safe that you would protect its child. So you as protector was protecting the one wing of her child, whilst the mother protected the other wing. The fawn saw you as an equal to herself in protecting her child. I would consider that being the greatest of honours a mother could give.

I not know why I share this.....I remember watching a story on tv about a man from asia that hunted monkies. One day he shot a monkey from a tree and when it fell to the ground he saw it was with with child. The monkey crawled to the man with its child and passed the child to the man, then died. The hunter said thats the last monkey I ever shot. I took care of her child.

"Love is something I'm confused about." Its always confused me as well. I can only quote idea's from various sources I have read..... That love of the brain is always self grasping, self serving. Love from the other source is not something that is given or recieived. Its true nature is love. Being its true nature it is not restricted by duality. thus limitless and all ecompassing. One's love for even a leaf being moreso than the brains entire capacity to love anything or anyone. So if one exists in that love, you not only love your family moreso than ever, but the entire expression of God as well. Having a foot in the waters we can sense some of that true love. But its miniscule compared to being fully immersed in the waters.

Wanting to exist in our brain is wanting to exist within known boundaries. Akin to Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Whoops! I just realized that I accidently misspelled fawn. It was a fawn, not a faun. I never saw a faun in those woods.

Animals have to stay in the Now for survival, they cannot afford to daydream in past/future, as that would result in annihilation.

The fawn had a problem. It wasn't taking any notice of what was going on; distracted by something on the ground, a leaf or a bug or something of the sort.

The doe may have thought that I could do something about that. I wasn't in any position to protect the fawn. I was just passing through. It's a sad story.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

My interpretation is far better. It has love, communication and sharing. Yours only got BUGS.

top topics

join