It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern delays election over Covid-19

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern (darling of the identity politics driven rabble) delays election over Covid-19. Hold up.....did Trump not merely suggest delaying the US election and people lost their damn minds?

Auckland (CNN)New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says she is delaying the country's parliamentary election by four weeks to October 17 after the reemergence of Covid-19 in the country last week.

The announcement on Tuesday that locally acquired cases of coronavirus had been confirmed in the New Zealand's biggest city, Auckland, prompted the government to introduce strict level three lockdown measures on August 12. This comes after around 100 days without community spread.
The rest of the country was put into level two lockdown, with both lockdown periods extended until at least August 26 as further cases of coronavirus were confirmed.

CNN Article Yes - I need a shower after using a CNN link.

So New Zealand, after 100 days with no cases from community transmission now have had a miniscule increase in cases (69 across the entire country) over the past few weeks, locked the entire country down AND moved the election? This doesn't pass the sniff test with me.

Any ideas as to why they are moving the election and not just doing mail in voting? That's all the rage right?

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Different rules for different fools I guess........

a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Perhaps because it is no big thing to shift it a month, in light of the situation?

I mean, really, what's the problem with it?

We aren't like some who demand the right to be shot, or will throw their lives away for a bit of colored cloth.

But, by the same token, we don't like being sick or dead. So less important things get the boot.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

So should the US delay the election in November until Covid has passed? Surely, in light of the statistics there and the obvious flaws with mail in voting it is a sensible thing to do for the US too?

What are your thoughts on Ardern as a New Zealander Chr0naut? Is she good, bad or oitherwise?

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Every country on Earth should delay the elections

Except for the USA

Leftists are pathetic

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

So should the US delay the election in November until Covid has passed? Surely, in light of the statistics there and the obvious flaws with mail in voting it is a sensible thing to do for the US too?

What are your thoughts on Ardern as a New Zealander Chr0naut? Is she good, bad or oitherwise?

I think the US should make up its own mind but letting people die for the sake of punctuality doesn't seem too balanced a view.

As for Ardern, I didn't vote for her, but she has acted fairly quickly and decisively a few times.

You have to remember that our deputy PM is a strongly right-wing guy and she's left-wing.

We seem to have several parties all working together for the good of the country (and there's definitely far more than just two parties close to the seat of power).

Who'd 'v thunk it?

edit on 16/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Perhaps because it is no big thing to shift it a month, in light of the situation?

We aren't like some who demand the right to be shot, or will throw their lives away for a bit of colored cloth.

But, by the same token, we don't like being sick or dead. So less important things get the boot.

Why not just mail ballots in?

LOL.

Fascists are stealing the election in NZ!

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

she moved the election after consulting the opposition leader also where i live up north were still in no 2 at the moment

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

if you can go to the supermarket you can friggin stand in line at the ballot box

edit on 16-8-2020 by Steveogold because: spelling mistake

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

LOL.

What are they going to do with the thing when they steal it?

But we probably won't go big in the postal vote thing because our government postal service isn't in good shape. I mean, they try, but all these competing couriers do way better.

And we all know it, so postal votes aren't really a big thing.

Especially if you can just shift the election so we are over this lockdown and we can all vote 'on location in our beautiful Pacific island nation'.

(poetry, bro)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing, the only opinions I get of her are from the lemmings on LinkedIN (have to use it for work purposes unfortunately) who are only obsessed with her being a woman, young mother etc and never really on policy.

I did read something about her deputy being pretty right leaning and thought it odd.

Good to hear of parties cooperating somewhere in the world although that just makes me suspicious!

Thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold

she moved the election after consulting the opposition leader also where i live up north were still in no 2 at the moment

Ah I see, thanks mate so you are still able to freely move around, go to the gym, out for dinner etc?

Lucky buggers if so. I live in the largest, most isolated shire of Victoria and we got put on house arrest complete with mandatory masks outside of home, with 1 active case which has likely recovered since. Still trying to figure that one out.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Its a logical move to stop the spread, voting booths are a bit to close , I like the way they are handling this . They knew the likelihood of another outbreak was probable, and moved fast. At least we haven't got cops arresting people for not wearing a mask, they just asked nicely if you could wear one in public, and people complied.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

LOL.

Especially if you can just shift the election so we are over this lockdown and we can all vote 'on location in our beautiful Pacific island nation'.

(poetry, bro)

I have read from somebody in NZ that the first lockdown worked and eliminated the virus completely. Sounds risky to plan for it to be lifted again by then, probably too early.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

LOL.

(poetry, bro)

I have read from somebody in NZ that the first lockdown worked and eliminated the virus completely. Sounds risky to plan for it to be lifted again by then, probably too early.

It won't be over in the next few years. So we'll just do the best we can to avoid getting sick or dead.

As soon as there are no community sources to speak of, we can go back to normal. If one pops up again, you don't just lay down and die. We've been through this and got it sorted.

And we have to do this for ourselves. No one's going to do it for us when they have their own probz.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's too late for the good citizens of New Zealand, most of them have been conditioned to bow down to their overlords.

Hey Australia, watch your 6, they are coming for you next.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

yeah freedom its back to normal here not sure about auckland will have to ask my daughter she lives down there

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Nah, our 6 would be Tasmania

Although we take shots at each other whenever possible we are forever bonded by the legend of the ANZAC's (Australia New Zealand Army Corps) from the world wars.

If only we could convert them from that stupid rugby game to Aussie rules.....
edit on 1682020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Perhaps because it is no big thing to shift it a month

Now , how many times has such been stated in history to not have happened exactly as stated.
Added to the books as famous (infamous) last words....

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold
a reply to: Ksihkehe

if you can go to the supermarket you can friggin stand in line at the ballot box

What about the old people and the obese ones with diabetes?

Do you think you should be able to request to have a mail in ballot because of your health? Not encouraged or sent out en masse but available by request?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join