It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern delays election over Covid-19

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   

edit on 17-8-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Because the people of the USA are a bunch of stupid assholes. The people of the USA are absolutely OBSESSED with politics.

The people of New Zealand are reasonable people. One month... Who cares?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
It's too late for the good citizens of New Zealand, most of them have been conditioned to bow down to their overlords.

Hey Australia, watch your 6, they are coming for you next.

New Zealand is little less draconian than Australia as it is so that point is kinda moot.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Any ideas as to why they are moving the election and not just doing mail in voting? That's all the rage right?

New Zealanders much like Australians aren't political hooligans like our U.S counterparts. To be blunt politics is just a pain in the ass, if we weren't forced to vote I suspect very few would.
edit on 17-8-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Slightly off topic.....but could be linked...New Zealand have just introduced Quarantine Camps....ahem...sorry 'Facilities'... If you refuse to be tested...they will keep you there until you supplicate......remind you of something similar and do you still think Jacinda is such a wonderful person? Watch the videos.....
Quarantine 'Camps'

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You're right and I think that is the way forward to be honest. I see absolutely no sensibility in forcing people to vote and the problem is, as I'm sure you've experienced yourself is people simply don't know what policies they're really voting for and don't care.

You'd never be able to quantify it but I wonder how many elections would have had different results if enforced voting were not the law of the land.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Thanks for sharing! Unrelated or otherwise, I did not know about this.

Funnily enough today I was talking to a mate who said he believes Australia & New Zealand are used to test things in the Western world.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   

It's been delayed one month and an alternative date has already been given.....it hasn't been delayed indefinitely.

And I think its worth mentioning that its the opposition that have been pushing for a delay in the election and NOT the incumbent administration.

The opposition National Party has argued the election should be delayed as restrictions on campaigning mean Ms Ardern had an unfair advantage.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Thanks for sharing that, certainly casts a bit more light on the situation

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I don't know ifit would be much different. How many donkey votes are there, I'm betting at least a quarter, then as you say the ones don't even know what they're voting for, it's a shambles for sure.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Lol
Too funny
Watching some of those who freaked out on trump defend this is too funny.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Lol
Too funny
Watching some of those who freaked out on trump defend this is too funny.

A daily occurrence on ATS

And on every other platform, in every single country, across every single issue and every single topic, every single day.

bLack is suddenly White and up is suddenly down

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

So, you can't see how the two situations differ?

Do we literally have to go through this step by step in order for you to understand how the two are dissimilar?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
Because the people of the USA are a bunch of stupid assholes. The people of the USA are absolutely OBSESSED with politics.

The people of New Zealand are reasonable people. One month... Who cares?

So you know the minds of 330 million people based off... Some web sites and 24 hour news?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
a reply to: angelchemuel

Thanks for sharing! Unrelated or otherwise, I did not know about this.

Funnily enough today I was talking to a mate who said he believes Australia & New Zealand are used to test things in the Western world.

Vaccines and other chemical adjutants aside, there was a
somewhat accurate comment by DaRAGE about US charac-
terizing "stupid asshol"iness.

Delaying an election anywhere because of a seasonal pestilence however
lethal --- while giving a pass to piecemeal protestors wasting our
oxygen and destroying the infrastructure unbelievably even further
is a level of hypocrisy somebody even as stupid as I am ain't swallowin'.
PS And by the way Jacinta: I think you're as much Maori as I am Scotch.
PPS and if you think this is sliding a thread wait till I get genuinely pissed.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

So should the US delay the election in November until Covid has passed?

It can't be changed on a whim, it's written into the Constitution what date the election must be held and when the President must be sworn in/re-sworn in.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

So should the US delay the election in November until Covid has passed? Surely, in light of the statistics there and the obvious flaws with mail in voting it is a sensible thing to do for the US too?

What are your thoughts on Ardern as a New Zealander Chr0naut? Is she good, bad or oitherwise?

In the US elections are fixed in the constitution. In Australia they are variable, and its a general election rather than a presidential one. Very different circumstances.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Uhm, absentee ballots...

Like that is exactly what they were made for.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: chr0naut

So should the US delay the election in November until Covid has passed? Surely, in light of the statistics there and the obvious flaws with mail in voting it is a sensible thing to do for the US too?

What are your thoughts on Ardern as a New Zealander Chr0naut? Is she good, bad or oitherwise?

I think the US should make up its own mind but letting people die for the sake of punctuality doesn't seem too balanced a view.

And that comment is why we keep telling you your posts are bull. That's a specious statement at best, flat-out crap at worst because people won't die from voting, just as they're not dying from going shopping.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Any ideas as to why they are moving the election and not just doing mail in voting? That's all the rage right?

New Zealanders much like Australians aren't political hooligans like our U.S counterparts. To be blunt politics is just a pain in the ass, if we weren't forced to vote I suspect very few would.

Who forces anyone to vote?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join