It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen steps down to aid Prince Philip

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I found this article , albeit in the online womans magazine Closer
however it is odd to see this published
and no where else on the news media this would be huge
which does make me question its authenticity

Ive messaged the journalist who wrote the article to fact check this

Apparently the Queen is stepping down her royal duties to aid prince philip

What do you think , big implications if its real

Queens steps down

I suspect she is stepping down due to the impending hellfire and legal trials of her son with ghislaine maxwell
but thats just me

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

If true, then i am not surprised in the least.

The Queen is 94 years of age. She has served Britain and The Commonwealth for 68 years. Don't you think everyone needs to retire at some point ?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   

"exclusively tells"

Okay. Sounds like more of the British fondness for gossip about the Royals. If true, this should be rather well reported on in the U.K.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I think the even more Important question is why were you reading Closer???

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

"exclusively tells"

Okay. Sounds like more of the British fondness for gossip about the Royals. If true, this should be rather well reported on in the U.K.

Cheers

I think nail on head

There is a whole industry based round 'exclusives' about the royal family.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

hahahah A ken man , it was my partner who sent me it she was like check this oot ! (honest
)

I just wonder where they got this info from and why it hasnt been covered anywhere else
which does lead me to question it entirely

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

yeh definitely everyone is allowed to retire

i just think this is pretty big news if true , and wondered why it wasnt mentioned anywhere else

but as others have said it seems like gossip

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

That would be all over the english (and Irish) news. I always suspected that she has no faith in her son Charles to be a good ruler. I mean like she woulda stepped aside by now if she thought he'd be up to the job.

He'd be hilarious as king. Comedy gold.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   
So the German midget is stepping down to take care of her proud Nazi supporter husband of WWII.

Good for her.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer
hhahah stepping down to spend more time stealing kids and taking adrenochrome no less

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
what I find odd is journalists make such an issue about fact checking these days
why didnt they do the due diligence and fact check this before publishing ?

Id try to check this but my only source is closer

so kinda of answers the question but , id like to be sure because this is huge

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Stepping down would be a massive legal undertaking probably requiring an act of parliament to settle everything down so certainly wouldn't just be leaked as an exclusive.

Probably she's 'thought' about it but she has a massive sense of duty and I doubt other than her own inability to perform the duties required she'd willingly give up the mantle.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I think most English people respect the queen for her years of service to the country as our monarch. Just as most believe Charles to be a terrible human being.

Liz waved at me when I was alone at some crash gate at an Airfield to allow her on to the base in secret. Philip hated the RAF police, he turned away as I saluted. My boss had been asked to provide a policeman to allow the royals access via this entrance but with specific instructions that we could not wear any police accoutrements, as Phil hated us. My boss politely told them where to go and so there I stood in my No. 1s white cap shining in the sun, red and black armband blazing out from my grey uniform. # you Phil, I hope I ruined his day.

All I can think of now is thank god he wasn't driving.

Ma'am you've done your duty, take a rest and hand it over to William. Change the royal constitution if necessary, if Charlie boy gets it he will destroy it.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Tortuga

aye I mean thought charles and his sons wanted to abolish the monarchy

and allow the UK to be a democracy with a fresh new constitution

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Sounds like more of the British fondness for gossip about the Royals.

As has been pointed out there is a whole industry devoted to our Royal Family......but that interest isn't limited to the UK, I've seen that obsession equalled by people from outside these islands, paricularly the USA.

a reply to: SecretKnowledge

He'd be hilarious as king. Comedy gold.

It'd be hilarious wouldn't it and probably lose the Royal Family whatever integrity it has left.
But let's be honest, there's been far worse characters on the British throne.

a reply to: DeathSlayer

So the German midget is stepping down to take care of her proud Nazi supporter husband of WWII.

I find it humorous that here in the UK most people who call The Queen German and try to use it in a derogatory manner are some the most woke and politically correct and are supporters of unlimited immigration and even open borders.
Hypocrisy and double standards.
And if we were to apply those some standards to all UK citizens I would supect that the vast majority would be considered a different nationality to British.

Philip is Greek.....and a complete knobhead.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I think it admirable the woman chooses to stand by her Man i suppose.

I'm not sure exactly how much care she can personally provide the fellow all the same given her own extended age.

Possibly be better with home helps/carers or even the retirement home option if I'm honest.

Because i really don't see her being able to shift him in/out the bath or help with his toilet needs.
edit on 13-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It's plausible, as long as people realise that "stepping down from duties" does not mean abdicating. It's more likely to mean staying at home and not going out for ceremonial visits to places and organisations (which is the usual meaning of the term "royal duties"). And perhaps Prince Charles will take over more of the paperwork.

edit on 13-8-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Philip is Greek.....and a complete knobhead.

In fact the Mountbattens are really the Battenbergs, an old line of German aristocracy. They were newcomers to Greece to the same extent that they were newcomers to England.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Huh, she felt the need to step down for personal reasons and well-being... she’s gonna get slammed like Harry and Megan

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

aye I cant imagine it meaning anything other than that really , and if anything the end of the monarchy wouldnt happen over night it would be like brexit

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join