It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what Black lives Matter means

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think slowly but surely black people are seeing the manipulation that Black Lives Matter is. We haave had killings of black people across major cities, Atlanta,Chicago and black people are asking do the lives lost in those killins matter. (well some are) Some like Don lemon are trying to define and maybe change what Black Lives Matters means and is.

If you go 6:13 in you see that terry beats DOn lemon in a point and Don looks to define and or change the meaning of Black Lives Matter. He says that Black lives Matter is only about Police brutality. Are we to take that as to mean that black lives only matter when its at the hands of police brutality? more to the point white police brutality? (maybe I can get into this later but it seems like Black lives matter is saying black lives only matter when a white person is involved, giving legitimaztion to white people and giving power to white people.)

Now, lets look at stats.
umarmed black people killed by police

Mapping Police Violence, a crowdsourced database that includes deaths by vehicle, tasering or beating in addition to shootings, estimates 25 police killings of unarmed Black men in 2019.

Okay you have 25 black men killed in 2019 by police, should we go to the stats of black on black killing, I mean we can just add up what two months from this year and we could exceed that number,

Black on black crime

In 2018, where the homicide victim was black, the suspected killer also was 88 percent of the time. And this is not an exceptional situation. From 1976 to 2005, 94 percent of black victims were killed by other African Americans. I

Now to talk about what Black Lives Matter stands for
this is from Black livesmatter.com

In the years since, we’ve committed to struggling together and to imagining and creating a world free of anti-Blackness, where every Black person has the social, economic, and political power to thrive.

also same website

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

so given their mission statement it looks like Terry crews is right Black lives matter does want to be all encompassing But its not. And another point about upsetting the nuclear family. that right there is going to have a harmful effect for the black community Have we not seen the results already of what it is like for black children to grow up without both parents in the household?? if not Maarcellus wiley can tell you.

edit on 8-7-2020 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I worked on this for a while and I am not going to get any stars

WAAAAANNNNNN!

haha

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Stars and flags mean nothing without thoughtful debate.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yep. Lemon clearly said that BLM is NOT about the lives of black people, even little children, killed by other black people.

Lemon said the ONLY black lives that matter are the ones that are killed by white police. Lemon clearly said that is what BLM is all about and the only thing it was about.

So the lives of those black men killed by BLM liberals in CHOP, CHAZ, whatever, don't matter according to Lemon. The life of the little black 8 year old sweet baby girl doesn't matter because she was killed by BLM.

So Lemon made it clear that not only do most lives not matter at all and are disposable and not worth caring about. But only black people killed by white police matter and should be mourned.

So black people must know that their life doesn't matter at all if they are killed by another black person. That is exactly what Don Lemon said BLM is all about and what it means.

If you are reading this right now, your life is worthless, disposable, and doesn't matter according to Lemon's definition of what BLM means.

edit on 7/8/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That CNN youtube vid got totally ratio'd

9k Up 26k Down

Thats a reflection on Lemon and CNN, just read a few comments to see this is true

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

My Gawd, I watched the full 8 minute video. I think I wanted to punch Don in the face at least 30 times.

The last 30 seconds made me want want to.......

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Nobody on CNN has been pro black life. If anything, they have encouraged the murdering of black children who are not quite born yet.... via their endorsements of Planned Parenthood.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Dave Chappelle ridiculed Lemon recently, and Lemon, spineless weasel that he is, agreed with Chappelle! After throwing a hissy fit about celebs needing to "step up and show their outrage", Lemon surely didnt count on Chappelle's comments. Because Chappelle is hugely popular, Lemon does a complete 180. I guess he thinks his followers are as wishy-washy as he is. Like his CNN cohort, Fredo, Lemon has no principles, no character, and no credibility.

"I’m watching Don Lemon, that hotbed of reality,” Chappelle says in the special, which Netflix surprise-released for free on YouTube early Friday.

Chappelle slams Don Lemon

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Don't you know aborted black fetus' aren't black lives. So what if millions upon millions of little hunks of parasitic tissue have been removed and not allowed to live so they could not grow into black men and women. They are just worthless pieces of tissue.

So what if 20 million black pieces of fetal parasitic tissue have been thrown in the garbage and not allowed to grow into adult black men and women.

The founder of Planned Parenthood's goal was to get rid of as many people of color as possible. Look it up, that is why Planned Parenthood was founded. She succeeded, in 1960 there were 18 million black men and women in the US.

Planned Parenthood has killed more potential black lives then were alive in the US in 1960, they succeeded in their goal of eugenics. Those 20 million black lives don't matter because the leftist liberal supporters of Planned Parenthood made certain they did not live and did not matter.

Those black lives weren't killed by white police, so they don't matter. Don Lemon, a black leftist liberal said so.

edit on 7/8/20 by The2Billies because: spelling

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
How can you have an intelligent debate about something so stupid?

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
How can you have an intelligent debate about something so stupid?

Are you saying BLM is stupid and not worth intelligent thought?

That is racist.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

My favorite part of Don Lemon's career WASN'T when he advocated violence against white people while simultaneously being a power bottom to his white boyfriend.

Rather it was when he got trashed at a party, stuck his hands down his pants, rubbed his hands in a man's face and asked him if he liked "c-ck or p-ssy"

That's a journalist I trust.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

And?

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Oddly enough BLM is reminding me more and more of what we read about Nazi occupation.
We Have to nod and agree, or else we will be executed, either professionally, socially... or Literally.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Heres the issue with arguments like yours. You take the statement/movement whatever you want to call it and you extrapolate it out until it reaches this perfect sweet spot where it affirms your predisposition. Completely not recognizing the fact that, the sweet apot you chose to stop at is sandwiched on both sides where your argument doesnt ring true.

Black Live Matter is ultra simple.

If you are having trouble aligning with it.. heres a tip. Read it as "Black Lives Matter too!" That should solve your problem.

When you look at the statistics, african americans are shot by police at a rate WAY higher than whites by percentage of population.

Second.. bringing up black on black crime is a cop out. Victims of crimes happen to people by people in close proximity. Our neighborhoods in this country are still largely segregated.

Third, crimes and violent crimes happen in areas and to people that are impoverished. The african american community is statistically more impoverished in this country due to a history of red lining, job discrimination, prejudice, legal system, and the environmental effects and circumstances of impoverished areas.

Racism is real, prejudice is real, systemic oppression is real, white privilege is real.

It is my job as a Caucasian male to be an ally and eliminate the cognitive dissonance surrounding this, and help steer this country in the direction of true equality... and when we dont have to worry about all this rediculousness.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Could you post some of these statistics you speak of?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Racism is real, prejudice is real, systemic oppression is real, white privilege is real.

It is my job as a Caucasian male to be an ally and eliminate the cognitive dissonance surrounding this, and help steer this country in the direction of true equality... and when we dont have to worry about all this rediculousness.

What if you are just being manipulated into thinking you are helping whilst doing more damage?

The claim that you understand racism enough to steer public opinion to the one correct view is more than a little disturbing.

It is clear that your motives are pure, but there is no way to be sure your methods are.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Could you post some of these statistics you speak of?

I did a really long post on it in a police shooting thread like 2 years ago where I posted references and everything and it took alot of time. Indont have time for all that so I will keep it simple...

www.statista.com...

Additionally, the rate of fatal police shootings among Black Americans was much higher than that for any other ethnicity, standing at 31 fatal shootings per million of the population as of June 2020.

Since 2017...

446 minorities have been shot by police

457 whites have been shot by police

Whites (myself included) make up 61-77% of the population yet the police shootings of minorities are nearly equal to ours

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Whites (myself included) make up 61-77% of the population yet the police shootings of minorities are nearly equal to ours

Do you know what % of crime, violent and other, is committed by whites vs. blacks? That would be interesting to know and would factor into the stats.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
When / If BLM succeeds in overthrowing America, It will be funny to see the reactions of white virtue signaling npcs when they find out they get the bullet too.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join