It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what Black lives Matter means

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I'm sure it is more complex than that, but at some point personal responsibility has to viably play a role, yet I'm not seeing it appear anywhere in the discussion. All I'm seeing is "praise the achievers and accept a laundry list of excuses from the failures." Sorry, not sorry, but life doesn't and shouldn't work that way. Archaic Republican phraseology? I'm talking merit based society, as all things should be. Those who can, do... those who cannot, do not.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

m sure it is more complex than that, but at some point personal responsibility has to viably play a role, yet I'm not seeing it appear anywhere in the discussion.

There are plenty of issues to touch upon. DO you know about genrational wealth oppression? That black people don;t have wealth, and I am not talking about money. I am talking about securing owning and passing along wealth. Black people are not able to do that.

And there is also gentrification, these is an example here in Seattle of an area that was predominatly black but since it was close to the bussiness district , white people came in and started taking property like it was the monoply game.

So its more then just personal responsibility< I agree thats a factor, buts its on a list of other factors at play as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
DO you know about genrational wealth oppression? That black people don;t have wealth, and I am not talking about money. I am talking about securing owning and passing along wealth. Black people are not able to do that.

Yeah, neither are a LOT of white people... we manage it and take responsibility for our own futures.

<< 1  2   >>

join