It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Visit to an Old Friend

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That old man has seen better days, 'tis true, my friend.

But, as with all things, given half a chance, things will, not might, will get better. Not the same, but better, and the old man will live to see 'em.

This bout with cancer is but the latest recurrence, and not the most dangerous. He's come through the others with head unbowed, bloodied, but standing tall. He will, again, if given the half chance I mentioned above. That's our job, my brother...it's our job, our task, hell, maybe even our calling, to give him that chance.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

We old men are secretly unhappy. We see dreams gone as much as people we loved.

Sad but true! That does seem to be the attitude of a lot of my older contemporaries. A national spiritual deep seated depression seems to have gripped the land. It's so pervasive that it almost seems intentionally designed. Almost Biblical!

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Wonderful
Amazing parable
Almost makes me wish I still had social Media
Just to share it

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am going to violate my own posting rule here. I don't usually post if my thought has already been expressed by someone else. But, I too always stop and read your posts. They are so well thought out, well written and pertinent. If you would give permission I would share this on my social media. I am lucky in that most of my friends understand the current circumstances and I have referred several to this website.

Thank you for being the person you are - total class act!

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Liquesence

I do not have cancer. Just to be clear.

TheRedneck

Good to hear.

Quite a moving read, nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TXTriker

Share away.

As far as I am concerned, anything I post on ATS is public domain. The more people see that, perhaps the better.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sounds like you're talking about our Uncle Sam.....

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The old man ain't done yet
he has the heart and fortitude to rise above the pain and stand tall again .

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

Sam is one of his nicknames, yes.

I am amazed that so many don't recognize him. Many of them seem to be the ones who attack him.

Strange.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

E Pluribus Unum. Out of many, one.

But too many want that one to be only what they want, not what anyone else among that many want.

Too many want their view of Sam to be the only one...whether it fits our notion of it, or not. No choice other than the one approved by them is allowed. Ever.

That some of us want only to be left alone to live peacefully as we choose is quite beyond their ability to grasp. Of course, no one has claimed that they're terribly bright folks...

History, to them, isn't about learning from it to avoid repetition...it's about shame, and hiding it from the kids, or themselves so that it never happened--all while setting themselves up for repetitions in the future. Ooops.

Social change isn't about learning about our neighbors while talking peacefully, it's about banning what ever it is you fear about them. Religion. Hobbies. What ever it is. Nope. Outlaw it, and we'll all be safe. Well, safe from everything but you who fear.

It's all about fearing something. They're scared of something. Be it a virus. Or an inanimate tool. A group of people who worship God while calling her a different name.

In their fear, they would destroy everything Sam has built.

All because they're scared little children who can't abide the notion of different.

<< 1   >>

join