It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus, how it is changing the lives in Asia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Here is a small documentary on parts of Asia. Its in English. Have a watch. I'm sure this is so true all around the world too.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Starting a New Thread ?

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Jul 3 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I've been lurking around your MIM street talk posts as you must well know, but I use my smart phone's hot spot for access. And although at 72.2 MBP, it could play a video, it kills my data. So please save me a few bucks and explain a little, pretty please!!? Inquiring but cheap minds want to know.

I did get this much from it . . .

Claiming tens of thousands of lives and infecting millions of people worldwide, the damage caused by the current novel coronavirus pandemic is widespread and seemingly never-ending. Most countries have experienced lockdowns and the closing of borders, and the economic impact of COVID-19 on parts of East Asia and South Asia, in particular, is expected to be severe. In this episode of Asia Insight, we catch up with previous interviewees in the Philippines, Mongolia and China to find out how they are faring and gauge their hopes and fears for the future.

edit on 3-7-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

It talks about the hardships how the economy was affected and how people struggle, yet still are making something of themselves. A good watch actually. No drama, no fear and tear jerk stuff. Just life as it is.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Like many Asian countries (and many other non Asian countries) The 1% own 60% of the wealth and everything else they tend to control if it has any value.

There are many who live and work hand to mouth... IE no work no eat unless your family can help or you got a fishing net and pond.. If a big second wave hits like what is going on in China no telling what is going to happen to the truly poor and everyone else of any nation.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Like many Asian countries (and many other non Asian countries) The 1% own 60% of the wealth and everything else they tend to control if it has any value.

There are many who live and work hand to mouth... IE no work no eat unless your family can help or you got a fishing net and pond.. If a big second wave hits like what is going on in China no telling what is going to happen to the truly poor and everyone else of any nation.

People think Japan is a very rich country. Not true by all means. Yes, there are some very wealthy people here, but in my opinion, its a country that the people struggle from paycheck to paycheck these days. Also, its a country where you work till you drop.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Yes and the cost of living from my short stays there was not cheap even with my airline discount which in some cases was 70% off. But that was staying at hotels and eating hotel food. The Japanese girls seemed to always be gracious and respectful.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

This is all about that 'herd' immunity which was spoken about right at the beginning of this outbreak, doesn't matter how many die from the virus, as long as we get 'herd' immunity to kill off the virus and most likely to save all the billionaires and millionaires from dying.

new topics

top topics

join