It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

Dear everyone, please point out what Number 1 to 12 you have difficulties with, okay?

12 especially 12, that hits the arena of human interaction. No longer just theoretical differences, but how you regard fellow humans based on your hypotheticals rather than the actual.

edit on 8-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Dear everyone, please point out what Number 1 to 12 you have difficulties with, okay?

Pi. It's just so fricken irrational.

Irrationality bugs the hell out of me.

If you get my meaning. If you catch my drift.

edit on 8/8/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I kind of like Archimedes,
never met him though,
did read of his achievements.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Without Archimedes, Ivory Soap would not float.

(That's a pretty obscure reference, but I'm proud of it.)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
physical manifestation of god in this time and place.. cant impossible.

Does the idea of god inspire some to better their lives, help others and to be a better person lending some credence to the existence of god, I think so.

I guess it boils down to does a god inspire the people, or do the people in search of a purpose or reason create the god in a phillisophical sense eventually giving some degree of power to that god.

But I have also been drinking Slane Irish whiskey while staring at Jupiter through my binoculars (400 million miles and I can see the moons how cool is that) just enjoying seeing what little bit I can of the awe inspiring universe we live in.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

For some reason I feel corrupted by human culture.

I'll have to keep my excuses to myself for now.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

You should talk to some humans

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
MONO

The universe that has a beginning some 13.8 billion years ago definitely and certainly has been brought into existence by an entity in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, which is called God.

See my exposition on God as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.:

posted Pachomius on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:13 AM

Dear everyone, here is my exposition proving from evidence the existence of God, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

1. You and I and he she it, we all exist, do you accept that?

2. You and I and he she it, we came from our parents, do you accept that?

3. Our parents came from their parents, do you accept that?

4. We all humans make up the human race, can you accept that?

5. The human race had a beginning in the universe, can you accept that?

6. Scientists tell us the universe had a beginning some 13.8 billion years ago, can you accept that?

7. There has been the domain of existence prior to the beginning of the universe, can you accept that?

8. In that domain of existence prior to the beginning of the universe, there has got to be an entity, which created or caused the coming to the beginning of the existence of the universe, can you accept that?

9. Evidence is anything existing which leads man to ascertain the existence of another thing, can you accept?

10. Wherefore, man and the universe and everything with a beginning are the evidence to the existence of an entity, which created or caused them to come to existence, can you accept that?

11. And therefore we can call that entity in concept and in name, as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, can you accept that?

12. If you cannot or will not accept that God exists, are you not then either irrational or dishonestly stubborn against the existence of God?

originally posted by: TzarChasm

The assumption that a universe can only be caused by the entity you call god, seems to be a matter of much debate. There doesnt seem to be any form of footprint or any substantial trace of this creature or any other life at all.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Your faith is talking again. But no evidence. Are you religious or something.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Hehe

You're still saying you don't care
edit on 8-8-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
MONO

Dear pthena:

Here is my No. 12 step in my exposition on God's existence, namely (see No. 12):

Please be specific, what precisely don't you accept in my step No. 12:

"12. (a) If you cannot or will not accept that God exists, (b) are you not then either irrational (c) or dishonestly stubborn against the existence of God?"

There are three clauses, pinpoint first just one clause you don't accept and why.

1. You and I and he she it, we all exist, do you accept that?

2. You and I and he she it, we came from our parents, do you accept that?

3. Our parents came from their parents, do you accept that?

4. We all humans make up the human race, can you accept that?

5. The human race had a beginning in the universe, can you accept that?

6. Scientists tell us the universe had a beginning some 13.8 billion years ago, can you accept that?

7. There has been the domain of existence prior to the beginning of the universe, can you accept that?

8. In that domain of existence prior to the beginning of the universe, there has got to be an entity, which created or caused the coming to the beginning of the existence of the universe, can you accept that?

9. Evidence is anything existing which leads man to ascertain the existence of another thing, can you accept?

10. Wherefore, man and the universe and everything with a beginning are the evidence to the existence of an entity, which created or caused them to come to existence, can you accept that?

11. And therefore we can call that entity in concept and in name, as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, can you accept that?

12. If you cannot or will not accept that God exists, are you not then either irrational or dishonestly stubborn against the existence of God?

originally posted by: pthena

12 especially 12, that hits the arena of human interaction. No longer just theoretical differences, but how you regard fellow humans based on your hypotheticals rather than the actual.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Your faith is talking again. But no evidence. Are you religious or something.

You're really looking for proof or evidence that God exists?

A lot of things have to happen with you on a personal level for you to ever see such evidence or proof.

Assume for just a moment that God is really real, and also that he is good and kind. Do you really expect he will reveal to a pompous arrogant fool that he is real just to gratify that pompous arrogant fool?

He's hoping you will change yourself from self pride and arrogance to humility and self betterment. (And a lot of other good things you can change about yourself).

If you are relying on human science to shield you from accountability all because it never came up with any proof, you will be seriously disappointed, and that will not be a valid or acceptable excuse if judgement comes calling. Notice I said IF. That part is between you and the one you are demanding proof for.

You have the power of choice in your hands to change everything and get the proof you seek, but it has a price tag.

You can't wield science like a bludgeon as if it relieves you of accountability for yourself just because it hasn't delivered proof to you. Science is not a magic wand that can answer all questions.

Does any of this make any sense to you at all? If not, then no one can help you further. Only you can change it.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

You're really looking for proof or evidence that God exists?

Pi is the ratio between the circumference of a circle and its diameter. An irrational number, a not rational number.
Proof that God is irrational and should be put away for its own good.

Pi, and kangaroos, and platypuses. Australia. Australia is proof that God is nuts.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
a reply to: neutronflux

Hehe

You're still saying you don't care

Your post Neutron reminded me of this awesome song of my youth, thx.

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
MONO

I am not into how human beings regard God, but how I and others can and will prove God exists, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

For other posts coming after my exposition in 12 steps, I dare say their authors are off-topic.

If you think that you have difficulties with my exposition, mention the step number, reproduce it, and in concise clear and relevant language point out what you don't accept in the said number and why.

originally posted by: Irishhaf
physical manifestation of god in this time and place.. cant impossible.

Does the idea of god inspire some to better their lives, help others and to be a better person lending some credence to the existence of god, I think so.

I guess it boils down to does a god inspire the people, or do the people in search of a purpose or reason create the god in a phillisophical sense eventually giving some degree of power to that god.

But I have also been drinking Slane Irish whiskey while staring at Jupiter through my binoculars (400 million miles and I can see the moons how cool is that) just enjoying seeing what little bit I can of the awe inspiring universe we live in.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius

The universe that has a beginning some 13.8 billion years ago definitely and certainly has been brought into existence by an entity in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, which is called God.

Why? Because you do not understand what is outside of your universe, and never will, so you label it God?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

What else is outside of the universe? Do you understand?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius

What is an existence with no time...where everything can be infinite and nothing all at once... Explain to me a singularity...Explain to me something outside of our universe...you can't.

edit on 8-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I can. In one word.

God.

So easy.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

What else is outside of the universe? Do you understand?

It is not something we can understand since it is....outside of our universe. When I say universe I'm saying outside of our space time. As I said what is no time where infinite and nothing can be the same thing, where there is no beginning no end...no time...

We have a beginning and a end, time flows within our universe and the only infinite we have is basically the universe dimensions and math that is a form of abstract language to explain what we can. We run into some rather big concepts we can not comprehend, so we call it God. Just like the days of old...can't understand it so we put a God in place to explain it.

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join