It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Some are demonic.

link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
a reply to: neutronflux

Yea, God is good.

What does that have to do with the opening poster crapping on other people’s personal experiences?

link   
Double post
edit on 31-8-2020 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Why do you feel like that? What personal experience?

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Some are demonic.

Demonic is a curious adjective to use. I can agree with the sentiment regards some people but demons don't exist in reality.

edit on 31-8-2020 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

That's because you are demonic if you aren't born again yourself. You're normal and think everything is normal.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

That's because you are demonic if you aren't born again yourself. You're normal and think everything is normal.

So according to you every normal (I don't even know what that means) person is demonic. Truly I wouldn't like to be you with that mind set. Having said that, I wish you well.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Why do you feel like that? What personal experience?

See below...

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Pachomius

You

I see that you all wrongly conflate God with religion, you can have religion without God.

And you can have God without religion.

Really?

I don’t think this post was about religion?

originally posted by: neutronflux

The alternative is natural selection with the terms evil and good having absolutely no meaning.

Example: no god. Hitler was just practicing his dominance in a process of natural selection where the term evil has no meaning.

So the starting question is really, “do you believe an act can be good or evil, and why?”

First reply?

originally posted by: Akragon

perhaps you may want to start the convo?

I'll give ya a shove... No one can prove the existence of God to another...

Nothing about religion?

2nd reply?

originally posted by: seedofchucky
a reply to: Akragon

Well there is that 1 way . That cheat of theology . Messengers with miracles. Easily proves existence of god . Everyone watches dead man rise , or blind see , or handicap walk .. Its game over. Sign me up !~ But do we get that today ? noo.....we gotta play the pick the right cup game lol

Nothing about religion?

Fourth reply?

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
I think you'll need to define what you think God encompasses.

From my upbringing and personal philosophy, God existed before the universe began. He exists outside reality as we know it, can walk into and out of the universe the way an architect can walk in and out of a building he designed, has fundamental understanding and manipulation of the entirety of the universe because He designed it from the start, and thinks in ways beyond human comprehension.

So good luck with that.

What religion is this?

—————
Pachomius‘s god dwells where there is neither good nor evil. Is that false? So how can Pachomius‘s god be good?

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

That's what you say and make of it. There's nothing left we can do for you.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

That's what you say and make of it. There's nothing left we can do for you.

Who is we and what do you imagine you have done for me so far.
edit on 31-8-2020 by midicon because: (no reason given)

(post by Out6of9Balance removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

(post by midicon removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance
Our cells and genes are not very intelligent. They know how to do one thing very well, and often do not respond well to challenges. Sometimes they make mistakes that lead to death very early on (as was our case when we lost a child after just a few weeks), sometimes these mistakes result in grotesque malformations, or permanent damage, and sometimes they result in death during or soon after birth. It is not a perfect system.
Evolution actually explains a lot. Like why all living things share DNA, and why we don’t find reptiles or mammals anywhere in Cambrian deposits (they didn’t exist yet). It also explains how trial and error can shape more and more complex living things.

What Genesis gives us is mythological-sounding explanations involving things like talking snakes, or arks filled with animals. It’s difficult to take seriously. You won’t find a scientist outside of Christianity who believes the entire earth was once covered by flood waters.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Honest intelligent productive thinking God exists or not.

They're just messing with us and that proves dishonest unintelligent destructive thinking.

There's no agreement and there never will be.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Honest intelligent productive thinking God exists or not.

They're just messing with us and that proves dishonest unintelligent destructive thinking.

There's no agreement and there never will be.

False argument.

This thread is supposed to be about proof of god, it’s not about agreement.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

My mistake, I thought we needed proof because there was a disagreement on the existence of God.
edit on 31-8-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

My mistake, I thought we needed proof because there was a disagreement on the existence of God.

What’s your evidence your god exists?

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
MONO

I will now go back to the beginning (see first two posts below) of my thread here, on
"Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not."

Akragon told me that "No one can prove the existence of God to another..."

Dear Akragon, if you are around, I want to submit that I am not any No one, but a homo sapiens with honest intelligent productive thinking, and I can and do prove that God exists, to another homo sapiens who also has honest intelligent productive thinking in his mind.

So, dear everyone here contributing to my thread, if you have honest intelligent productive thinking, come and let us discuss together: as to come to first arrive at the communally agreed on concept of what it is to prove that something exists.

Here is my concept on what it is to prove that something exists, namely, it is bringing the someone to consciously experience the existence of the something, for example, to prove the existence of bottled water, you bring that someone to drink from a bottled water.

That is what I know to be demonstration.

What about when the something to be proven to exist is of extremely huge size, say, like God, in concept as the creator cause of man and the univrerse and everyting with a beginning, how do we bring God before ourselves, in order to we consciously experience His presence?

Physical demonsrtration is impossibvle, of course, but man has invented what is called argument, that is demonstration by availing ourselves of evidence to the presence i.e. existence of God.

And it is undertaken systematically with first that all parties with honest intelligent productive thinking work out as to come to a communally agreed on concept of God, that is step 1, this step is in our mind.

Okay, my dear poster colleagues here, what do you say about my submission that man can prove to another man the existence of God?

Pachomius posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:12 PM

On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?

Akragon posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:13 PM

perhaps you may want to start the convo?

I'll give ya a shove... No one can prove the existence of God to another...

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join