It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Anybody else find it funny how that first paragraph went from interpretation, to opinion, to "Fact of the matter" ?
23 Like a silver glazing over a piece of earthenware
Are affectionate words from* [Lit., “fervent lips with.”] an evil heart.
24 The one who hates others disguises it with his lips,
But inside he harbors deceit.
25 Although he speaks graciously, do not trust him,
For there are seven detestable things in his heart.* [Or “For his heart is completely detestable.”]
Not that it isn't a nice concept to focus on that which we can agree on, but can you agree that by referring to all my commentary as "proselytizing broadcasts" you were scoffing at my commentary, having a ridiculing effect especially on those who have been conditioned to see proselytizing as a behaviour that is 'beneath them', so to speak, they look down on such behaviour and disapprove of it; often associating a person who in their eyes is proselytizing with someone who is brainwashed, conditioned and indoctrinated by "dogma and doctrine", not able to "look beyond dogma and doctrine" (as you put it), with nothing worthwhile to say, not worth listening to, and automatically downgrading anything they might have said or might say in the future? ...
originally posted by: rom12345
this issue seems still unresolved after so many posts.
who would have thunk ?
Title of thread: Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.
Author of thread: Pachomius
posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:12 PM
OP of thread:
On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?
Pachomius posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:13 AM
Dear everyone, here is my exposition proving from evidence the existence of God, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.
1. You and I and he she it, we all exist, do you accept that?
2. You and I and he she it, we came from our parents, do you accept that?
3. Our parents came from their parents, do you accept that?
4. We all humans make up the human race, can you accept that?
5. The human race had a beginning in the universe, can you accept that?
6. Scientists tell us the universe had a beginning some 13.8 billion years ago, can you accept that?
7. There has been the domain of existence prior to the beginning of the universe, can you accept that?
8. In that domain of existence prior to the beginning of the universe, there has got to be an entity, which created or caused the coming to the beginning of the existence of the universe, can you accept that?
9. Evidence is anything existing which leads man to ascertain the existence of another thing, can you accept?
10. Wherefore, man and the universe and everything with a beginning are the evidence to the existence of an entity, which created or caused them to come to existence, can you accept that?
11. And therefore we can call that entity in concept and in name, as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, can you accept that?
12. If you cannot or will not accept that God exists, are you not then either irrational or dishonestly stubborn against the existence of God?
Dear everyone, please point out what Number 1 to 12 you have difficulties with, okay?
God in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.
Because for myself and folks who just employ their brain to do honest intelligent productive thinking, babies and roses in the neighborhood,
that for me is evidence galore already for my human rational certainty that God exists
And then your friend goes on trying to disprove all you experienced.
I see that you all wrongly conflate God with religion, you can have religion without God.
And you can have God without religion.
originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Pachomius
perhaps you may want to start the convo?
I'll give ya a shove... No one can prove the existence of God to another...
originally posted by: seedofchucky
a reply to: Akragon
Well there is that 1 way . That cheat of theology . Messengers with miracles. Easily proves existence of god . Everyone watches dead man rise , or blind see , or handicap walk .. Its game over. Sign me up !~ But do we get that today ? noo.....we gotta play the pick the right cup game lol
originally posted by: Teikiatsu
I think you'll need to define what you think God encompasses.
From my upbringing and personal philosophy, God existed before the universe began. He exists outside reality as we know it, can walk into and out of the universe the way an architect can walk in and out of a building he designed, has fundamental understanding and manipulation of the entirety of the universe because He designed it from the start, and thinks in ways beyond human comprehension.
So good luck with that.
originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
And again we have nothing against eachother. We go on convinced of what we believe merged in Christ, and God will be our Master.
21 “Not everyone who calls me Lord will enter God’s kingdom. The only people who will enter are those who do what my Father in heaven wants. 22 On that last Day many will call me Lord. They will say, ‘Lord, Lord, by the power of your name we spoke for God. And by your name we forced out demons and did many miracles.’ 23 Then I will tell those people clearly, ‘Get away from me, you people who do wrong. I never knew you.”