It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've learned a lot of things

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Didn't work out how we (I) planned.

I won't waste anyone's time further.

Sorry for the distraction.

It's over.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Keeping the site the way it is, is not so much about the current visual style and layout. But more about the free exchange of ideas and ideals which is lacking in so much of the www right now.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It's not working out how he planned.

So, ats, what about it?

Want to help make this happen?

Want to be part of the future of ats? Together?

Let's come together and save this site. We'll make it all of ours. Let's be partners in crime.

All are welcome. We are in this together.

Let's be ats.

PM me or flyingdisk for details

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
They are hemorrhaging cash to the tune of $25k per month (this is like $850 per DAY !). With no revenue, this is impossible to sustain!

I don't understand that number, but it doesn't matter. We either move forward, or ATS dies. It's real simple.

This isn't a matter of months, it's a matter of days.

The bolded -- are you outright saying not so much :sooner than 3-4 months" to paraphrase what SO stated, but literally by the end of the month? Or are you just exasperated & irritated and venting with a touch of hyperbole?

If you know something critical (like WAY less time to work with) that hasn't been publicly said, then eh, you might want to lay it out for everyone to digest.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

At this point, I'm getting the feeling the state of the site is like being underwater on a loan (auto, mortgage, etc) and like someone underwater with a loan, the owners here seem to be in a similar sitch in that they want to sell off the moneysuck, recoup whatever they can, and be done with it, but no one's buying.

They might need to consider other options for offloading with the intent to preserve the site if that's the case. And they damn well might never recoup their investments like anyone with (for example) a house worth substantially less than they paid for it because no one's going to pay that $400k they sunk into the original loan for a house only worth $100k.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

No one has stated to me "days, rather than months". This was my paraphrase. I made the statement based on the notion of some stated stats of $25k per month going out, and little revenue coming in.

I am in NO WAY speaking on behalf of the owners of this site! And, I am in NO WAY putting words in their mouths.

It was solely my opinion, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Said it before In another thread and gonna say it again.

We need patience. Today was Father’s Day. Many commitments.

SkepticOverlord said 3-4 months he’d keep the lights on — if he sees a plan in motion.

Let’s see the response after the holiday.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Okay.

Did you want to participate in the working group? did I sent you the invite?

If not, I will

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Keeping the site the way it is, is not so much about the current visual style and layout. But more about the free exchange of ideas and ideals which is lacking in so much of the www right now.

Um, I agree?
But as far as I know there is no plan on how to do it. Only thing I've heard is people want to haphazardly throw money at this website trying to keep it afloat. I guess because no one still hasn't determined the best way to save the information everyone wants?

I think we should store the information offline, copy it, and provide it to whoever wants it for the cost of the storage device and shipping.

That takes care of having to pay to keep it online.

As far as this site goes I don't see the value in trying to mess with all the legacy hardware and software.

Outdated tech belongs with a collector or in a museum.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

These are the very things the working group was intended to discuss and plan out.

Would you like to participate?

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Ah. So you have no issue with this community being lost?

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

How the hell did you get that out of what I said?

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Depends on what the plan is.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

How the hell did you get that out of what I said?

"As far as this site goes I don't see the value in trying to mess with all the legacy hardware and software. "

We lose the site we loose the community.
Perhaps my language was off base. I will concede to that.
Emotions are high for a lot of us right now.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Okay.

Did you want to participate in the working group? did I sent you the invite?

If not, I will

You did, and I signed in. Under my real name. I’m here to help.

I like your fire FCD. You’re clearly trying to instigate people to action.

That’s what a true leader does. Whether it’s comfortable or not.

There is nothing comforting about the times we live in.

Light the FIRE!

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   

So, you glossed over the part where I said I would like to see the information stored on the current website to be backed up offline.

And are you aware of the fact that we could not use the equipment the owners are currently using, and use new equipment to make more efficient and cost effective system and also make a new website.

Just because I don't support using the old equipment doesn't mean that I don't care about the community or ATS.

Next time chill out, and think for a moment, before accusing me of something I didn't say.

A lot of yall need to chill. I see too many people here rush to jump down someone's throat because they'd rather get pissy than come to an understanding.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

So, you glossed over the part where I said I would like to see the information stored on the current website to be backed up offline.

And are you aware of the fact that we could not use the equipment the owners are currently using, and use new equipment to make more efficient and cost effective system and also make a new website.

Just because I don't support using the old equipment doesn't mean that I don't care about the community or ATS.

Next time chill out, and think for a moment, before accusing me of something I didn't say.

A lot of yall need to chill. I see too many people her

e rush to jump down someone's throat because they'd rather get pissy than come to an understanding.

Perhaps you should take your own advice?
I've not been "pissy" and conceded I might have misunderstood.
But no, you have no interest in finding a middle ground.

FYI. The storage offline would still have costs.
I appreciate you are upset with my post.
But your lack of thought on what your post suggests, is not my fault.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Okay great! We'll probably all be back on tomorrow. In the meantime you can scan through some of the discussion already and do look at the pinned documents on the top. Those are some of the main talking points and ideas.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Will do. Thank you!

Please, Don’t get frustrated. We need you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join