It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency On The Future of ATS

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I can absolutely attest to this.

I am saddened to return to this news. I am hoping for a solution for ATS to continue on some level. It has been many things to many people and continues to be so until it fades into nothingness. I hope everyone is as well as can be under the current circumstances.

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: IceHappy

Its funny...DTOM gets a lot of flack from members. I guess she tends to be the person who clicks the action on a post more often than not, im not sure. But I can tell you this: every single action she, or any other mod, takes comes with a consensus behind it. She may be the bearer of the news, but its not a decision made in a vacuum.

I don't really like individuals very often. But she is absolutely good people whose acquaintance I value highly.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

OMG.

Hi

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Hi to you too Zarni! It's been awhile. I hope you are well.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm good. Very nice to see you!

Hope you and yours are well too.

ETA: Your sigi is totally appropriate.
edit on 6.24.2020 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Thanks Zarni and I just noticed that was the way I left it when I last logged out. Haven't changed anything yet. I miss you all and can appreciate SO's transparency. I think they've been feeling like they are paddling against the current off and on even as far back as when I was a mod. Can't blame them for being tired. It's taken me a bit to catch up on the news in these threads. ATS is an institution for sure. No better source out there for conspiracies and news.

edit on 6/24/2020 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Hi to you too Zarni! It's been awhile. I hope you are well.

Wow. KJ and you back in the same thread. Too bad it had to be the end for you two to post again, you were missed.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
1) I do not believe it costs 25k a month to host a forum. All info I can find says a large forum costs maybe $300 per month.
www.computerforum.com...

2) This site is filled with servile left/right political bull# which should never have been allowed.

3) Conspiracy theories, Ancient civilisations, Ufology have never been more popular. It should have been easy for the mods to create revenue from youtube, Insta, twitter. If Joe Rogan can get famous interviewing Graham Hancock and talking about Roswell, then people who have access to the worlds biggest online forum should be rolling in money.

4) We are in the middle of the greatest conspiracy of our lifetimes. Covid+Shutdowns+Riots being orchestrated by media, tech giants and global unelected actors like WHO.

There is only one conclusion:

The mods of this site have been compromised. They are members of the New World Order. It's over, they are probably watching you through your webcam right now.

Pull the plug!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks Augustus. I missed this place and everyone too. Life majorly kicked me up and down for the last few years. I was holding it together by a thread for a while. But now I am sad to see all of this.

Hopefully there is a way to keep most of the community together either here or somewhere else.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Hopefully there is a way to keep most of the community together either here or somewhere else.

There's an effort being made, hopefully it works.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: numberjuggler
4) We are in the middle of the greatest conspiracy of our lifetimes. Covid+Shutdowns+Riots being orchestrated by media, tech giants and global unelected actors like WHO.

That's one of the things Google uses as a sign a site should get a low rate.

Some examples of information that would be found on Lowest quality pages include: the moon landings were faked, carrots cure cancer, and the U.S. government is controlled by lizard people. While some of these topics may seem funny, there have been real world consequences from people believing these kinds of internet conspiracy theories and misinformation.

Source

edit on 24/6/2020 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
I would be inclined to believe that political strife was purposely injected into this site on account of the serious investigations that were being conducted by members of ATS...investigations that challenged popular truths. It appears to have succeeded.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
All the technicalities go over my head.

With a heavy heart, thank you for your participation.

Dear Sir, I thank you for creating this place that has been my refuge for fifteen years. A place to laugh and cry, a place to explore and touch the human heart and mind. Many are the friends I have gained.
It has taken days to muster a comprehensive response, apart from the screeching Banshee "NO" I wished to resound.

It's my sincere hope that a new "torchbearer" will come forward, and you all will continue your efforts unabated.

A worthy hope, but my loyalty lies here as it is.
You take care, be kind to your self and know you made a difference. it has been a wonderful journey.
A toast to ALL
I contemplated a "lighter" version but this is worthy of the grandeur of ATS.

edit on 24-6-2020 by WalkInSilence because: crap i am rusty

edit on 24-6-2020 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: numberjuggler
1) I do not believe it costs 25k a month to host a forum. All info I can find says a large forum costs maybe $300 per month.
www.computerforum.com...

Wow! 30 posts in 7 years. You sir, are obviously a major contributor. But you lack comprehension. That's not what SO said. He said $25K for 2-3 months to put the code into a position where it could be easily transferred.

There is only one conclusion:

The mods of this site have been compromised. They are members of the New World Order. It's over, they are probably watching you through your webcam right now.

Pull the plug!!!!

Thanks for the humor
edit on 6/24/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Lumenari
Change your business model to a paid membership with boards that are only available for paid members.

First, that would require infrastructure and new code investment we cannot afford.
Second, the paid subscription model remains unproven, and would require hundreds of monthly subscribers to sustain an active business that could support operations.

change your site so that you can't view with an ad blocker.

The ad blocking software has always been good at evolving to detect such efforts. We tried that... the result...
1) members FREAKED out
2) it was an arms race we lost

I think you'd get 100's, but of course, depends on how many 100's you need.
It only requires new code investment if you are wedded to the existing forum software - but I know that would also bring about a rather large migration effort.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
interesting to watch - from 10yrs ago - but almost prophetic too, considering where we are;

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Mark: "Regulation is not what's needed."

Amen.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Thankyou Pigs, that really was interesting.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I blocked ads at ATS a decade ago, but not because I'm paranoid.
I did so because at the time they slowed my crappy computer way down.
It was just laziness that I've left them blocked all these years. I've unblocked now, too late I guess, but there IS the principle of the thing to consider.

Sorry for my tardiness. You might have told me 7 or 8 years ago that I was ruining the site.

Harte

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Great video but the problem may be that it just had 600 views.

Folks seem to just want superficial banter on facile social media.

The true deep state has won

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Great video but the problem may be that it just had 600 views.

Folks seem to just want superficial banter on facile social media.

The true deep state has won

No.

You've won.

You've managed to silence my voice online here.

Through code changes, ad changes.

You've won.

Celebrate.

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join