It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major virus outbreak at CHICKEN meatpackers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Stared for cow farmer, because I once made the mistake of calling someone a rancher.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79

Stared for cow farmer, because I once made the mistake of calling someone a rancher.

What, is that a derogatory term now too?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

It has become 100% transparent — that you’re a glutton for punishment.

(post by DoctorBluechip removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Speaking of glutton, I want some chicken now.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Speaking of glutton, I want some chicken now.

Had chicken for dinner. Tasted great. Probably had coronavirus in it, which likely made it taste extra chikeny.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: Jason79

What, is that a derogatory term now too?

Naw, it just somehow doesn't take into account all the work they do, and leads to a thirty minute rant about everything they do. Mostly I think it's because cow farmers like to yell. One time a different cow farmer started yelling at the hail dents in on my truck. Those guys can be odd.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

(post by DoctorBluechip removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
My personal reply to you is, if you eat raw chicken you can easily have a statistically and significantly more uncomfortable experience with the various foodborne illnesses like salmonella, shigella, ecoli, hepatitis, norovirus and such. But since we all cook chicken for those very reasons, why would it matter if the chicken had a cold?? I don't recall eating chicken lungs; the hearts, liver and gizzards are nice fried though.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

So what s happened here is the Chicken guts and blood have coronavirus in them . No amount of ' measures ' applicable only to normal human interactions is going to help stop it spreading in meat processors . All you need is a batch of infected chickens to come in and BOOM , major coronavirus outbreak !!

Does this news article even mention that , or the management ? Of course not , because you can't handle it. And no one would come in to work there , and no one would want these chicken products.

So why would chickens have it? It would need to mutate for them to have it. I don't think a virus can just take any live host and become infected/transmittable.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Chicken, bat, what's the difference? They both have wings.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
My personal reply to you is, if you eat raw chicken you can easily have a statistically and significantly more uncomfortable experience with the various foodborne illnesses like salmonella, shigella, ecoli, hepatitis, norovirus and such. But since we all cook chicken for those very reasons, why would it matter if the chicken had a cold?? I don't recall eating chicken lungs; the hearts, liver and gizzards are nice fried though.

Good question . It's because the meat processors deal with chicken gits and blood . Several of those diseases you mentioned are zoonotic , they live in the chicken , and they can live in you and other animals too. Since novel coronavirus is a novel , zoonotic infection the chicken is not immune either , and it can be infected . Since coronaviruses are highly contagious , any spillage or close contact with infected animals will lead to a human infection.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

oddly no outbreaks at any vegetable "factories" RIGHT?

screw this stuff. rather die than worry.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So why would chickens have it?

Why do chickens & eggs taste fishy these days?

How they are raised
What they are fed
How they are butchered
How they are bred
What they are exposed to... something nobody wants to talk about.......water

All the above equals YUCK! If we look back in history at many of our diseases and plagues, a lot of them started with unsanitary animal/human conditions.

For those of us old enough, we know that chicken does not taste right these days (at least the kind in the grocery stores). It is enormous, and rubbery.
I get Amish chicken and it still tastes like chicken.

I don't think a virus can just take any live host and become infected/transmittable.

Not usually, but that's why these are dangerous, it's because they can jump from animal to human.
Usually the disease comes from the brain of the animal or bone marrow/spine.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

So what s happened here is the Chicken guts and blood have coronavirus in them . No amount of ' measures ' applicable only to normal human interactions is going to help stop it spreading in meat processors . All you need is a batch of infected chickens to come in and BOOM , major coronavirus outbreak !!

Does this news article even mention that , or the management ? Of course not , because you can't handle it. And no one would come in to work there , and no one would want these chicken products.

So why would chickens have it? It would need to mutate for them to have it. I don't think a virus can just take any live host and become infected/transmittable.

That's wrong on both counts . Not every live animal can be a host for novel coronavirus but certainly some several mammalian and avian species can
edit on 17-6-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join