It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millennials will be remembered as the generation of change

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
We’re doing what we have to do to make a better world after boomers royally screwed the pooch. It’s ironic that a generation that could build a life and raise a family from a single jobs income has the nerve to call us entitled.

Is that what they taught you between your Gender Studies and Commie Utopia classes?

Wanna know what wrecked the world? TV ... and thinking women in the workplace was a good idea.

Wanna know what's gonna fix it? Getting rid of borrowing/debt.

Millennial here.

At least now I understand why you're so naïve.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

After thinking on it, they are more like the generation of Hope and Change.

An empty promise of what could have been had the effort gone forth. These are the Cyberbulliers that drive the fractured into shooting up school kids that may have been peers but not their main tormentors because they couldn’t face them.

They are too misguided for wage inequality because they believe that the Fight for $15 is the way to go to end poverty. Not realizing that they are asking for poverty for all. Minimum Wage is the bottom wage. It doesn’t matter if the bottom is $1 or $100 and hour. The bottom is the bottom and pulling everyone down to the bottom is not a rising tide that lifts all boats (another misguided phrase used out of context from time to time).

Racism exists. There will always be a tribal mentality and suspicion of the unknown. Sexism is also a form of tribalism. There is a lot of hard wired experiences to undo.

Justice reform, healthcare for all...lofty goals with no plans on how to implement them.

Which is what the whole list is, lofty goals, just like Hope and Change.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
change yea probably... the question is will it be good positive change or destruction of all in a push to make everybody happy.

Honestly the change I see many pushing for scares me, I believe in freedom to choose, personal liberty, the ability to protect my family, make changes to my life so that I can improve my quality of life as I see fit.

They seem to want someone to make the decisions for them, I prefer to face plant if I make a bad choice.

You know I met a guy middle aged in Europe that had been working the same job since he was 18, yea he had a retirement and healthcare and his body was wrecked... he was a mover.

He said he was only going to do that job for a few years, but then realized if he left he lost (named off some benefits) and he wasn't sure he could find better so he was stuck for the next 30 years.

Dont know about yall but at 18 I was an idiot, if I had to make a choice then for my career forever I probably would have hated my life.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I think they're more likely to be viewed as the generation that saw a couple of cockroaches and decided to solve the problem by burning the house down.

Worse still is the possibility that, by silencing and persecuting dissenting viewpoints, the far left creates the conditions for the rise of an opposing extreme backlash that manifests a few years down the road, which isnt good for anyone.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

change yea probably... the question is will it be good positive change or destruction of all in a push to make everybody happy.

History will tell. I agree, which is why in my OP I said I didn't agree with everything. I think some chances won't be good.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
The fact is, they have been a catalyst of change.

That remains to be seen. If they are, will they be a catalyst for change for the good or are they just tools for the bad to manipulate...like the rest of us?

I still don't know what change they want to see...just that they want change.

I'm not seeing the smarts to come up with a plan and sell it. They're still thinking they can bully people into getting on board. That may work in the short term, but they'll eat each other up just like so many before them if they continue on this path of screaming people down, stalking and threatening them, and going after their jobs for every perceived slight. They're too certain they have all the answers and, so far, I've heard no answers...just complaints.

Honestly, I think the generations preceding them did more in the face of much greater adversity. Millennials are just micromanaging, now. Everyone hates to be micromanaged.

edit on 6/7/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I guess at the end of the day, Gen X had both Jarts and Nerf Boomerangs growing up which is why we will be the best.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I guess at the end of the day, Gen X had both Jarts and Nerf Boomerangs growing up which is why we will be the best.

We were the last generation that could sit in our dads laps when we were little kids, without seat-belts, while he was driving and drinking a budweiser with a cigarette in his mouth that we bought for him.

Some people will think the above statement isn't true, I assure you it was. Somehow, all those things I mention seem bad, but someone that time is frozen in my mind as one of the best times.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

We were the last generation that could sit in our dads laps when we were little kids, without seat-belts, while he was driving and drinking a budweiser with a cigarette in his mouth that we bought for him.

Some people will think the above statement isn't true, I assure you it was. Somehow, all those things I mention seem bad, but someone that time is frozen in my mind as one of the best times.

They hadn't passed DUI laws back then either. Imagine that. You could get busted for reckless driving or drinking and driving (but, the cops weren't dickish about things like that back in the day). Only, now you get your life ruined because of some arbitrarily assigned BAC level.

This is one of the things that never dawns on people. They make a lot of rules they know are hard not to stay within the limits on. It's one of the reasons you hear people complain about speed-traps. If everyone drives over the damned speed limit ... then raise the damned speed limit!!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Wait, so am I a GenXr now? I'm confused, because I had all that and more growing up. Lawn darts, biker bars with boobs out everywhere, cigarettes in restaurants. Riding in the back of trucks without getting pulled over. I mean the list is kinda endless here. We could still fight and not get hauled off to juvie. People still did blood pacts and spit on their hands to seal a deal.

Hell, I used a rotary phone up until I was almost a teenager.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

There's a road I go down quite often where the speed limit is 35 mph, been that way since before I was born. It's a long, straight road where every road that splits off from it is either 45 or 55 mph. Cops will sit there and pull people for even doing 40. It's ridiculous. I've gone down crappier roads that were 55.

It's just a money scheme plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

There's a road I go down quite often where the speed limit is 35 mph, been that way since before I was born. It's a long, straight road where every road that splits off from it is either 45 or 55 mph. Cops will sit there and pull people for even doing 40. It's ridiculous. I've gone down crappier roads that were 55.

It's just a money scheme plain and simple.

It's easy money for the state and lazy cops that hunt there.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: JAGStorm

We have a different opinion about millennials.

Not hard workers.
Like to live with parents forever.
Can't cook at home, only order food.
Horrible fashion style.
Even more horrible music.

Only way out is raise kids old school before too late.

Ok Boomer.

- I'm a millenial. Started my first proper job at 15 (but was making money doing paper rounds from 10). Had two jobs through College and University as I paid my own way and didn't accept a penny from my parents (they'd bend over backwards or starve to help me out but I didn't want them to do that). Degree was in Applied Mathematics, not a woolly subject like 'gender studies' or similar that has little use and there's no reason you have to go to Uni to study such an area.
- I moved out of home when I was 16, bought my own house at 25. My sister moved out at 15 and had her own place by 18. She's now administrator of one of the best Unis in the UK.
- I learnt to cook basic meals, do my laundry, ironing, look after myself by age 6. Did more complex meals like Sunday Roasts from age 10, everything I cook is from scratch. Haven't had a takeaway in years.
- I wear a suit well, not a cheap off the shelf suit either, proper tailored to fit as the suit maketh the man.
- Probably have far better music taste (my Dad was a sound engineer in the 60s/70s so worked for a few major bands). I have an ecclectic mix of between 4000 - 5000 vinyl ranging from 60s physchedelia, ultra-rare Beatles picture discs, Pink Floyd promo discs/test pressings proper hip-hop/rap, decent rock, loads of cassette tapes smuggled out of Syria/Iran.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Well, something good has gotta come out of them because it certainly isnt their music.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I think people are still calling kids millenials.

Millenials are approaching mid life. They work fine. They were lazy a few years ago, like all kids are.

But millenials arent the 20somethings

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Thats how its supposed to be. The speed limit is supposed to be set at the speed 85% of drivers would drive if they werent even looking at their speedometer or thinking about it.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Nobody will be remembered from these times. Our past and present are being reprogrammed before our eyes yet we refuse to believe it. The next 10 years or so will see massive depopulation, selective breeding and transhumanism. There will an elect along with a small professional class to serve them. Our generation will be viewed as excess humanity that nearly destroyed the planet. Because we could not get our snip together they imposed a new world order upon us all.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
So division by Race isn't enough - now we are using birth dates LoL

Like putty in the hands of those who steer you. ....
carry on LOL

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The speed limit is supposed to be set at the speed 85% of drivers would drive if they werent even looking at their speedometer or thinking about it.

Feels more like they took that number and dropped the limit by 10mph. Remember what it was like to be on the road before Jimmy Carter?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Sadly that seems to be the marching orders of the right these days.
If someone doesn't agree with their beliefs and ideals 100% then they must be evil.
No compromise, no brotherhood of american citizens.
It's their way or else.

Before anyone gets all offended I'm not saying the left is any better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join