It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millennials will be remembered as the generation of change

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

i thought nixion and ford signed 55 mph law.

edit on 8-6-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
i thought nixon and ford signed 55 mph law.

The were before Carter, right? LOL

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Meanwhile, us Gen Xer's stuck between you two groups of varying amounts of crazy and stubborn...
The forgotten generation, no better time to be born.
While you peeps argue over entitlement, tradition, and whatever...we will be over here, watching.
Waiting.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I wrote an OP a good while back how I actually like Millennials.
Yes, I too, often made fun of them for being scared of doorbells and not wanting to touch raw meat.
The fact is, they have been a catalyst of change. Maybe their quirky ways just would not accept what has been accepted for so long.

Things that immediately come to mind are.
Sexual Abuse
Bullying
Racism
Sexism
Income Equality
healthcare for all
Justice reform

I may not agree with all their stances, I believe things are changing for the better. I think we will go through unbelievable pains before those changes are realized.

In what context are you talking about income equality? If you mean gender or race pay differentials, agreed. If you mean living wage/basic income, I disagree. If you want to make more money, choose to better yourself. Your background and upbringing have little impact if you have the will and drive to succeed.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

You didn’t mention party lines...I’m afraid you just were not there.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Millennial here.

We’re doing what we have to do to make a better world after boomers royally screwed the pooch. It’s ironic that a generation that could build a life and raise a family from a single jobs income has the nerve to call us entitled. We have almost none of the things they took for granted.

That’s why we are the way we are. The fantasy world of last century had to end eventually.

More victim signaling here.. You still vote for the same crap. Democrats have blacks and you whining millennials in chains and you tell them to give you more!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I could still dial 0 to flirt with the phone operator though

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

They'll be remember as the most ignorant generation.

The generation that killed free speech,expression,religion, and boom sticks.

For effs sake Elmer fudd doesn't even carry a gun now.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You mean the fantasy world were everyone is equal and you dont have to work hard to get ahead???

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They'll be remember as the most ignorant generation.

The generation that killed free speech,expression,religion, and boom sticks.

For effs sake Elmer fudd doesn't even carry a gun now.

Pretty sure it's all those old people in the government who's been doing that.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I try to avoid generalizing so broadly, but since millennials consent to defining themselves, I am not going to feel too bad about what I am about to write....

First off, the term 'millennials' includes those who came of age 20 years ago up to today. I feel like the roughly 30-40 year olds have lived long enough to discern the fantasy of living from the reality of living. That said, there's a notable tendency for older millennials to give in to their younger counterparts easily, but you get this sense that their hearts aren't really in it anymore.

The 18-30ish year olds need their own generational term, imo...'neo-millennials?'

It's this group that is the most-easily manipulated, naive, irrational, ignorant, pampered, selfish, thoughtless, reckless generation I've seen in my lifetime.

They are easily baited into doing the dumbest crap when the promise of glory for having virtue is dangled in their faces. The glory of being seen as having virtue is their primary motivation, so while they understand what glory is, they have no idea what having virtue is.

Things are seldom plain right or wrong...and they have no idea that's a concept.

And they are so confident they are leading themselves to glory and that they are the generation to force the rest of us to follow.

The older generations are like, "Ffff no, we're not following you to where you are being led -- we can see you are being led!"

But neo-millennials are so ego-driven and narcissistic...just living for the glory of touting their virtues...there's nothing deeper than that goal. They've no interest in constructive self-criticism, no willingness to acknowledge that their lack of life's experience is a weakness. There's no appreciation for the generations before them who faced far more adversity and made far more progress than they even profess to desire -- the focus is singularly on how generations before them failed, they are great by contrast, and they are going to create a Utopian society.

Of course, central to their Utopian vision is that neo-millennials are seen as saviors and their elder enemies are punished and oppressed for their failure to make this country their Utopian society.

The paradox, of course, is that they are the bathed in glory in their Utopian society, for all their enlightened views and ability to bring about change...

...So, the generations before them could never have created a perfect world for them...there's no glory of virtue for them in a Utopia created by others.

This is why they are a danger to this country -- a conclusion I've come to this week and I do not generalize people as such lightly.

I mean, talk about a sense of superiority! They behave like supremacists to people older than them. Their supremacist attitudes are evident in the latest 'Boomer' and 'Karen' slurs and all the maligning they do. In fact, they've come up with so many new ageist, racist, misogynistic slurs to malign and silence everyone else in this country -- they have few allies left in the older generations.

No perspective...they love themselves so singularly, they haven't got a clue how hypocritical they are. They can't criticize themselves in any honest way.

Obviously, not every millennial is a worthless piece of garbage, but the worthless pieces of garbage are defining their generation.

/endrant

edit on 6/9/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Generation of change...

Hmm...

OK. Realize something, however, not all change is good, or beneficial.

Change for the sake of change? Sorry, not today.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It is funny how the young anti-establishment of the 60s is now the old establishment of the 2010s+. Anyone remember the hippies...lol They are your congress today...how did all that work out for change?

edit on 9-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I mean, talk about a sense of superiority! They behave like supremacists to people older than them. Their supremacist attitudes are evident in the latest 'Boomer' and 'Karen' slurs and all the maligning they do. In fact, they've come up with so many new ageist, racist, misogynistic slurs to malign and silence everyone else in this country -- they have few allies left in the older generations.

A great example is the young white woman arguing with a black woman she is wrong (can't find the clip) when the black woman says she is free in this country.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Doesn't sound familiar...if you put in the effort to find it, I'd promise to watch it though.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

As an older millenial (mid 30s), I definitely believe there is too broad of a range to the generation to be meaningful.

I think the biggest difference is whether or not someone grew up with the modern incarnation of social media, which was designed from the start to do what it has done.

Historically, a "generation" has referred to the general cultural and social distinctions marked by age. I would argue that this is an obsolete perspective, and that it is more relevant to identify social & cultural distinctions according to social media use.

As of now, that is still somewhat tied to age. But, there is a significant percentage of all ages that are culturally and socially indistinguishable. The common thread seems to be extent of something like time spent of facebook, rather than birth year.

Im sticking with the Karen meme though, that one is too good

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Doesn't sound familiar...if you put in the effort to find it, I'd promise to watch it though.

It might have been last Thursday Mike Knowles pod cast that played it.

Basically it was a black immigrant that was telling this white woke woman, that since she has been in America, she has been free, not held down in anyway and that she has been very successful. The Woke white woman kept arguing with her over and over that she was wrong...lol

When you do hear it you will say...REALLY???

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

In my boomer imagination I consider millennials as
a generation of whiners.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: underwerks

boomers royally screwed the pooch

You don't know how much I agree with this.

This is my answer to you two.....
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Exactly what planet are you living on? You have
to be living on another planet or another dimension
to make such a bold statement like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join