It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millennials will be remembered as the generation of change

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's easy to be against bad things and march around with a sign.

Show me a solid, tangible accomplishment (viral memeing doesn't count.)

edit on 6-6-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think all generations are judged too harshly.
Boomer has become a bad word which I find a joke in itself.

Is should be considered that every generation is just a reflection of the generation that raised them.
Take the boomers. Raised by parents that lived through the Great Depression and then had to endure such pleasures as the Vietnam war. Any wonder that they are perceived as having a selfish attitude?

We have had generations that lived through the Cold War.
Nuclear annihilation any minute.
We have generations of kids raised with participation trophies because their parents wanted them to feel good.
Today kids are raised by social media's influence.

There will always be a divide between the generations because it’s impossible for everyone to live the experiences of the other.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Ummm...the only change that’s relevant to them...is the number of times they’ve had to change their underwear...

From all the bad people not buying their snowflake mentality...

And the rest of them are just out to smash and burn...cause...feels...cause...manipulated...cause...gullible...

And they should all be imprisoned...for exhaling all that Co2 as they hyperventilate...cause anthropogenic global warming...donchakno...

And for their vegan flatulence...whew...those peeps don’t need no more beans...whoodoggy...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I'm a millennial and I really don't see anything accomplished that hasn't already been done before.

I hear all talk and making sure you get a photo of yourself during a protest.

Lazy over opinionated and know everything and deserve everything without working for it. Not all of course

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Actually I think their parents are the generation of change.

I think we were the first generation of parents that cared about our children's happiness over
material success.

You might have a point on the drive for success in the 80s, before that we were just trying to survive for the most part. It seems that today is all about keeping the kids from bothering mom and dad, technology has been as much negative as it has positive. There are too many young people that can't function without their phones or tablets. That's sad. One kid that graduated with our son didn't know what a manual window crank in the car was. He had assumed they were all electric. It's all about perspective.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Millennial here.

We’re doing what we have to do to make a better world after boomers royally screwed the pooch. It’s ironic that a generation that could build a life and raise a family from a single jobs income has the nerve to call us entitled. We have almost none of the things they took for granted.

That’s why we are the way we are. The fantasy world of last century had to end eventually.

Ummm...I know...right...?

You even have to scrape a meal from the rocks...down by da sea...down by da sea...

You poor...destitute...pauper you...

And posting all that hyperbole...on a dial up connection...using windows 95...

Ouch...I got the feels brudda...the feels I say...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: Trueman

We have a different opinion about millennials.

Not hard workers.
Like to live with parents forever.
Can't cook at home, only order food.
Horrible fashion style.
Even more horrible music.

Only way out is raise kids old school before too late.

I’m a millennial. I joined the military at 18 years old. Served 10 years and got out to switch careers. Went to college while working full time and taking care of my two boys. I’ve only had a 1 month gap between employment in my entire adulthood. I’m will be 37 tomorrow, so don’t take those broad brushes to heart. Most of my friends are also millennials and work just as hard as me.

You've been raised old school.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Not hard workers.
Horrible fashion style.

I’m a millennial. I joined the military at 18 years old. Served 10 years and got out to switch careers. Went to college while working full time and taking care of my two boys. I’ve only had a 1 month gap between employment in my entire adulthood. I’m will be 37 tomorrow, so don’t take those broad brushes to heart. Most of my friends are also millennials and work just as hard as me.

Is someone born in 1983 a millennial?

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

I swear the requirements have changed over the years.
I was born in 71 and know damn well that I was not in generation x but that is where I am placed now,

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

1981-1996

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Tweets and Facebook likes don't actually accomplish anything.
Or selfies,they love selfies.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Is someone born in 1983 a millennial?

some researchers and media say early 80's starting, and late 90's early2000's ending.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
People involved with and in support of these "protests" think they will gain the keys to the city, but they are simple pawns who will be discarded as soon as their usefulness has expired. No one who is allowing or encouraging this "change" cares about any of the millenial's wants or desires. They're just being used.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Like always, I think you're referring to gen z. I'm a millennial. I turn 40 next week.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I swear the requirements have changed over the years.
I was born in 71 and know damn well that I was not in generation x but that is where I am placed now,
Presume I'm gen. X too then being born in '76?

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Yep, which makes no sense. In the eighties you went outside and invented games to play with your friends. I never had an internet connection until I was 18 and in the military and the ones available sucked anyways. I had daily chores not only at my house while home, but during the summer we had chores at our grandmothers house as well. When I was old enough to work, I was forced to get a job at a fast food place since I was struggling to find something else over the summer so that I could learn how much it costs for all that fancy stuff I wanted. I also played basketball and baseball my entire childhood and if you didn’t win you didn’t get a trophy. They really need to adjust the dates after reading the desription of a millennial.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Not hard workers.
Horrible fashion style.

A number of us were, but it's not enough to warrant ignoring the complete failings of my/our generation. Which is to say, the desire to self-bubble wrap themselves indefinitely because life and people hurt their feelings. The work ethic...eh, that one's a coin toss. Many Ms work hard, but an equal number simply reuse to even try. But that solid work ethic for some is ALSO a major detriment, in that the dual working parent home is lauded as a "good" thing (it. is. NOT) while kids are often seen as something to use to brag with in social media photos, while not bothering to raise them at all, letting daycare or soccer practice do the heavy lifting.

They're the soapbox & extremes generation at best. Not much to write home about, honestly. I have little to nothing in common with most to the point where stepping back & checking the ages of my friends...I have one who is my age. The rest are 40's+. I married a Gen Xer, FFS, the prospects SUCKED in my age range. If we divorced right this second, I'd never look at another millennial even for casual boinking, I'd keep looking toward you Xers. You have ethics and morals I like, identify with, and generally practice myself as it is.
The ones mine espouse blow already, or are on a fast track to scrape the bottom of the barrel. That's embarrassing.

Edit: We also cannot forget who raised and molded these kids-in-adult bodies. Mom and dad didn't help here, people aren't pre-programmed out the hooha, they were taught these things, or picked them up and ran with it under poor parenting. It's really a "the village failed" blame-share.
edit on 6/6/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Or selfies,they love selfies.

hmmmm who else likes selfies? hmmmm let me think.......

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Gen-X...we hate everyone equally.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Not hard workers.
Horrible fashion style.

...in that the dual working parent home is lauded as a "good" thing (it. is. NOT) while kids are often seen as something to use to brag with in social media photos, while not bothering to raise them at all, letting daycare or soccer practice do the heavy lifting.

Finally, a younger person who actually understands that! Not many do. I hear a lot of "but we can't afford it otherwise" is bull. If that's the case you don't need a new car, a new iPhone every year, a large screen TV, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join