It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida sheriff encourages residents to shoot looters breaking into homes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Apparently there is riot planned for the Volusia Mall the night of June 6th. DBPD is informed, and we may go down and protect our city if it looks like it's not getting shut down.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Just make sure you have enough ammo because if you are over run , they will kill you.

This sheriff is right, the last 5 days people and business owners have seen that cops either will not or cannot protect their care from being burned , businesses robbed and churches burned.

So they figured if they cannot count on the police, members of the community should organize just in case they need to protect their community.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel
We just had a two hour long online training (because social distancing) on how to listen and understand the rioters and looters. Made me want to vomit. My company has lost millions due to looters but apparently we just want to understand them.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Your point?

It's a perfectly legal firearm where I live, so why shouldn't I have one, if I so choose??

My point is simple, people are looting and breaking into peoples private property, people are going to want to defend themselves with a weapon that can be very effective in a house hallway or a bedroom door. Most looters have not been seen with guns, but at 2am in the dark you won't know that.
The American mentality has always been like this "nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure" .... so overkill basically.

Overkill? Yes, but that is the point. Know this, if you come into my home or property unannounced, it is not supposed to be a fair fight. I will use any and everything that will give me a tactical advantage over that person or persons. Armed or unarmed if you come through those gates it is an absolute fight to the death, this isn't the playground, many of us have been trained in some fashion, they haven't. Your will to steal and create mayhem will not in anyway stifle my will to survive, its just that simple. If you think for second that I am going to take the time to determine whether you are armed or not or what your intentions are at 2am, you're out of your god damn mind. I'm not yelling at you or trying to be a dick (sorry if it sounds that way), I'm just trying to let you into the mind of a person that puts survival by any means over any other ideology.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadytloc
We just had a two hour long online training (because social distancing) on how to listen and understand the rioters and looters. Made me want to vomit. My company has lost millions due to looters but apparently we just want to understand them.

I'm sorry, your company is insane. Protesting is one thing, we're all pissed off at the fact that this happened. But once you start breaking things, stealing things and killing things I have no sympathy for you. It's just nuts (squirrel pun).

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Then this is 2020 version of the American Wild West, Tombstone comes to mind.
But I do understand when people see the police fleeing in fear, feeling they need to do what they must to protect their families, invade our castle and die is a pretty old ideology.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadytloc

Nothing like enabling the bullies.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Just make sure you have enough ammo because if you are over run , they will kill you.

This sheriff is right, the last 5 days people and business owners have seen that cops either will not or cannot protect their care from being burned , businesses robbed and churches burned.

So they figured if they cannot count on the police, members of the community should organize just in case they need to protect their community.

Yeah. They're all afraid of being accused of using excessive force.

And when any force strong enough to actually work is considered "excessive", what's the point in even trying?

originally posted by: StallionDuck

As I mentioned before... Seems like the states with the largest arsenal of weapons all seem to have pretty peaceful demonstrations.

Lol!:::

So true! So true!

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well, there is somewhat of a reason behind these violent uprisings against Police and authority, so there is that to contend with.

The moment Trump starts using armed drones or heavily armed storm troopers against the protestors through is probably the moment your nation descends into civil war all the same.

So i really hope that don't transpire.

Cooler heads need to prevail, but shooting more people certainly won't help matters, and is only apt to inflame the situation.

Won't be much of a war.

One side will have nearly all the legal gun owners on it.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

And when any force strong enough to actually work is considered "excessive", what's the point in even trying?

As I mentioned before... Seems like the states with the largest arsenal of weapons all seem to have pretty peaceful demonstrations.

So true! So true!

Well, there is somewhat of a reason behind these violent uprisings against Police and authority, so there is that to contend with.

The moment Trump starts using armed drones or heavily armed storm troopers against the protestors through is probably the moment your nation descends into civil war all the same.

Cooler heads need to prevail, but shooting more people certainly won't help matters, and is only apt to inflame the situation.

Won't be much of a war.

Getting rid of the lowest form of humans within a society is a good thing.

During a riot. no thing as excessive

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

So true! So true!

Won't be much of a war.

Getting rid of the lowest form of humans within a society is a good thing.

During a riot. no thing as excessive

I think that's going a little bit too far.

It's not worthless people. It's just people who are making bad choices.

If you choose of your own free will to jump off a bridge, is it society's fault if you fall to your death? Or your fault you fall to your death?

If you choose of your own free will to invade someone's home, and out of legitimate fear for their family's safety they shoot you, is it their fault you died, or your fault you died?

If you choose, of your own free will, to attack a cop, or violently resist arrest, and the cop is put in a position where they legitimately fear for their life because of it, is it the cop's fault you died? Or your fault you died?

A lot of people are having a lot of choices to make, and not making them well.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic

Hell I don't own any guns except a daisy pump bb/pellet gun.

I also S&F you, for breaking your OP cherry

Respectfully,
~meathead

So if SHTF where are you going with your daisy pump?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

A lot of people are having a lot of choices to make, and not making them well.

Doesn't that set people up for life? A life time of bad choices does work out very well does it...

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Absolutely no where..I live in a preppers dream location. Or as close as you can get in the north east USA. I have a sizeable garden, I am a farmer by nature,.
My father is a retired electrician, and a general handyman, my mother learned from her Hungarian mother how to cook, blanch, freeze, and can, as well as being a registered yet retired nurse.

So we aren't going anywhere.

And again I said I do not own any guns..

My friend..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Mike, I like your general posture and well planned out survival OP.

Have you considered the utility adding a firearm could bring to your off grid arrangement? In addition to protection from 2 and 4 legged attackers, theres the "tool" aspect to it as well. Even a nice 10/22 would do well

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Again, I live with my parents and I do not own a firearm.

It's semantic..

With all due respect,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And what are your thoughts?

Mine are that if you aren't invited to Casa Augie you best not try to get into Casa Augie.

Casa Augie is much like hotel California id imagine, you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

Op burglars, looters etc should get shot by residents of homes they break into, or frozen in the basement .

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Auggie, being a mason, has access to all the good pharmaceutical's, he just asks if the rag smells funny to you, and then you wake up in the dog crate in his basement.

And while the food is decent, and his wife is kind, the 24/7 bar rescue marathon projected on the white brick wall , is ... Well.. delightful, it's down right delightful auggie .I'm sorry..please.. don't start it over..

Magilla gorilla is rebranding and adding more speed wells...And I promise to learn the system.

Timidly,
~joe

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm sure there is an app to follow the hoard, so you have time to form a barricade.
If you let them throw stuff from a safe distance, and concentrate on cutting off creature comforts like wifi. you should be good.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Op burglars, looters etc should get shot by residents of homes they break into, or frozen in the basement .

Why is it an 'or' situation?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Or as in the poor soul who made the mistake of trying to rob your place.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join