It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida sheriff encourages residents to shoot looters breaking into homes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Judd is a racist pig who is part of the problem with the police in America. He supports racial profiling, draconian drug laws, justifies brutality and covers it up.

However I do agree with him on this one.

Yeah, of all the states, Florida’s laws are quite clear on dealing with home invasions.

Speaking of home invasions ... have there been any from the protests in Florida? Any attempted home invasions?

I hadn’t heard of any.

Maybe the Sheriff was feeling left out? Didn’t want the President having all the good lines?
edit on 2-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Judd is a racist pig who is part of the problem with the police in America. He supports racial profiling, draconian drug laws, justifies brutality and covers it up.

However I do agree with him on this one.

Forgive me. I don't know of him or his background so I don't support the negative things you stated. I do agree with the warning he has given though. I just view him as the messenger.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well, there is somewhat of a reason behind these violent uprisings against Police and authority, so there is that to contend with.

The moment Trump starts using armed drones or heavily armed storm troopers against the protestors through is probably the moment your nation descends into civil war all the same.

So i really hope that don't transpire.

Cooler heads need to prevail, but shooting more people certainly won't help matters, and is only apt to inflame the situation.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'm in a suburb, but we are a close knit little community in my direct neighborhood. Most of us have lived here since the 80's, and we all know, and help each other on a regular basis. I basically know who all has weapons, and I know for sure, we could do just fine, lol. I am not sure what force it would take to take my neighborhood, but it would need to be pretty large.
edit on 2-6-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well, there is somewhat of a reason behind these violent uprisings against Police and authority, so there is that to contend with.

The moment Trump starts using armed drones or heavily armed storm troopers against the protestors through is probably the moment your nation descends into civil war all the same.

Cooler heads need to prevail, but shooting more people certainly won't help matters, and is only apt to inflame the situation.

America, thus far at least, has always demonstrated for the most part, incredible resilience.

These riots are ... multifaceted. There’s a lot more going on than the media wants to cover. Or than the partisans want to promote.

That said ... the unemployment rate is a pretty good indicator overtime for civil unrest. It’s high now.

Unless the President does something incredibly stupid, and the Joint Chiefs let him, this will subside.

It’s been a tough year.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

Of course, it's acceptable to defend you own property and family from looters, and with your guns no less.

I thought that was one of the reasons you were allowed to bear arms in the first place.

Technically they’re supposed to be using them to put down “insurrections” too.

I guess they’re going to let Trump’s drones handle that part this time.

Shame that, those tricorn hats probably needed some air.

Wait. So now you're saying that armed private citizens are the ones who need to be moving into the cities and doing law enforcement's job for them?

Is that me reading you correctly?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I am from Florida...i know of his policies. He is tge appitimy of whats wrong with the police state in tbe US.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Aye 2020 could be doing with a reset button if you ask me world wide. LoL

It will all calm down at some point, but once it does serious questions need to be asked as to why and how this situation was allowed to happen and develop.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I am from Florida...i know of his policies. He is tge appitimy of whats wrong with the police state in tbe US.

I'm sure he is (as I have discovered), I just know that his warning is spot on.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

It's epitome.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

When/if it happens..its over.

It's amazing the number of "phoney" patriots here, creaming their jeans for the military to come in.

Lots of people viewed in a different light.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Shoot them..no one will ever investigate it..a reply to: RazorV66

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

When/if it happens..its over.

It's amazing the number of "phoney" patriots here, creaming their jeans for the military to come in.

Lots of people viewed in a different light.

Still waiting for the governors and mayors to let the police do their jobs in many of these cities.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And what are your thoughts?

Mine are that if you aren't invited to Casa Augie you best not try to get into Casa Augie.

The results are the same regardless.

...from what I understand.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
Sorry, this is my first actual thread. Try not to flame me if I do this incorrectly lol. This is the Polk County Sheriff speaking. Basically echoing the warning to potential looters/anarchists what the likely results would be should they decide to test their luck in the burbs. Link to article and video below.

NYPost Article

I agree with the sheriff. Protect your property.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Already underway in Impeachment hearings for Trump, just add it on, they need all the help they can get

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I gave the Trump admin sh*t for not handling the coronavirus as well as they should have when they were informed of it. I often repeated this one question-

If you heard someone breaking into your house, would you wait until they were inside before you grabbed your gun and made sure it was loaded, or would you greet them at the point of entry and inform them you’re prepared to fire upon them?

The Ft. Lauderdale protest that turned to sh*t was 5 miles from my house, nearly a straight shot down one street. As much as the black community fully has my support in their protest (I attended both the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale protests myself) I will not hesitate to fire upon anyone causing harm to my home, my wife or my dog. I’m not too concerned about my neighbors....maybe the neighbor to the left of my house as he’s a pastor and I’m not sure he’s a gun owner, but I know the majority of my street is armed. There’s also two police officers on either side of the street, 4 houses down from mine. It would not be a wise street to pull shenanigans on.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Mine are that if you aren't invited to Casa Augie you best not try to get into Casa Augie.

But either way you get to be paired with a nice chianti

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

America, thus far at least, has always demonstrated for the most part, incredible resilience.

These riots are ... multifaceted. There’s a lot more going on than the media wants to cover. Or than the partisans want to promote.

That said ... the unemployment rate is a pretty good indicator overtime for civil unrest. It’s high now.

Unless the President does something incredibly stupid, and the Joint Chiefs let him, this will subside.

It’s been a tough year.

Just as I call you out when I think you're wrong, you are spot-on in this post. Excellent observations.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Totally agree,

When people are broke/hungry/bored,
they have nothing to lose. (at least in their minds)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join