It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida sheriff encourages residents to shoot looters breaking into homes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Sorry, this is my first actual thread. Try not to flame me if I do this incorrectly lol. This is the Polk County Sheriff speaking. Basically echoing the warning to potential looters/anarchists what the likely results would be should they decide to test their luck in the burbs. Link to article and video below.

NYPost Article

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

I'm sure he'll be denounced also, much like Trump was.

Honestly don't understand why anyone in their right mind would denounce this kind of reaction...

Nevermind. I see where I messed up there. Tried thinking for others

As I mentioned before... Seems like the states with the largest arsenal of weapons all seem to have pretty peaceful demonstrations.

+17 more 
link   

I approve Sheriff Judd’s message.
Peaceful protesting is one thing, but looting and destruction of property is another.
If some of them eat some lead, it will send a clear message.

+18 more 
link   

And what are your thoughts?

Mine are that if you aren't invited to Casa Augie you best not try to get into Casa Augie.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I wouldn't need his encouragement or permission..

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

He isn't wrong, well Armed Rural America is peacefully watching these rioting fools.

He is basically reiterating their rights, stick to the cause of protest for the unlawful death of floyd and if you bring your reckless looting and rioting, it'll be met accordingly 😐

It's easy to riot in Dem ran cities where stand down orders are common, but not out here, it's just how we do things.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I like this Sheriff.

This man obviously believes in our 2nd amendment rights.

You break into my or my neighbors house — you will get shot!

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Well, where I live,I have 3 neighbors on our dead end dirt road on top of a mountain in rural vermont, I wouldn't need to do a Damn thing..

My crazy neighbor who lives between our house and the main road just looks for excuses to run out side with his shotgun..

Three times this mud season he has fired it over the roofs of vehicles who come up here to go off roading.

Hell I don't own any guns except a daisy pump bb/pellet gun.

I also S&F you, for breaking your OP cherry

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And what are your thoughts?

Mine are that if you aren't invited to Casa Augie you best not try to get into Casa Augie.

I will protect my neighborhood (most if not all are armed to the teeth) and occupants of my house to the death. If you come into my neighborhood and are not prepared to die for your cause, I would highly suggest you roll on by. Because I am (as well as others) dead serious. Those are my thoughts.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Demonstrate peacefully as long as you like, but don't make the turn down my drive with nefarious intentions. I'm afraid you won't be greeted with a glass of sweet tea and invitation to sit and talk.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DavidAllenWoe
Demonstrate peacefully as long as you like, but don't make the turn down my drive with nefarious intentions. I'm afraid you won't be greeted with a glass of sweet tea and invitation to sit and talk.

Exactly! We are all for peaceful protests but we don't have the same police presence in the burbs that exists in the cities. If these people seriously try to do this stuff in the actual burbs, it's not going to end well. We don't have to practice any restraint.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

That's not supposed to be how it works. You're supposed to assume they are hungry or just need a place to sleep. You have to wait until you're murdered to react.
edit on 6/2/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/2/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

Thas not sipposed to be how it works. You're supposed to assume they are hungry or just need a place to sleep. You have to wait until you're murdered to react.

OMG you're right! I didn't think about that. I think I need sensitivity training to correct this. Thank you for pointing that out.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Grew up in that area, the media can cry about his words but dang little will occur.

Folks like him, one of the few bright spots in the mess that is Florida.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Sure, this is acceptable, defend yourself!! far different than the military on your street, asking for your "papers"

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Judd is great. This is a few counties over from me. I can assure there will be rioting there...

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ooooo ... what a tough guy!

A Sheriff in Florida pointing out that Stand Your Ground is THE LAAWW.

How many homes in Florida have been attacked again?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Of course, it's acceptable to defend you own property and family from looters, and with your guns no less.

I thought that was one of the reasons you were allowed to bear arms in the first place.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Of course, it's acceptable to defend you own property and family from looters, and with your guns no less.

I thought that was one of the reasons you were allowed to bear arms in the first place.

Technically they’re supposed to be using them to put down “insurrections” too.

I guess they’re going to let Trump’s drones handle that part this time.

Shame that, those tricorn hats probably needed some air.
edit on 2-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Judd is a racist pig who is part of the problem with the police in America. He supports racial profiling, draconian drug laws, justifies brutality and covers it up.

However I do agree with him on this one.
edit on 2-6-2020 by jrod because: G

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join