It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida sheriff encourages residents to shoot looters breaking into homes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

He doesn't f around and doesn't do PC . Check some of his prior videos on youtube. Must be working since he has been the sheriff for 15 years and the people love him.

Judd never pulled any punches or pussyfooted around while I was still living down there, and still doesn't now. He's kept his job because of that mindset.

The people tend to actually prefer when people do their jobs, instead of folding like cheap suits under pressure from mouthy 20-something sanctimonious twats.
edit on 6/2/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm not a warmonger, and do not have a desire to bring about harm to anyone. I live peacefully on 20 acres, with my wife and our 5 kids. I have taught my 4 boys how to properly handle firearms and they have developed into good marksmen and hunters. Let me be clear, my family is my life, and I will not hesitate to do whatever it takes for them to be safe, healthy and happy.

If you see different than me, then that's your prerogative. I'm tired of the junk, and a lot of other people are exhausted as well. I can assure you we will lie down no more.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well, there is somewhat of a reason behind these violent uprisings against Police and authority, so there is that to contend with.

The moment Trump starts using armed drones or heavily armed storm troopers against the protestors through is probably the moment your nation descends into civil war all the same.

So i really hope that don't transpire.

Cooler heads need to prevail, but shooting more people certainly won't help matters, and is only apt to inflame the situation.

When/if it happens..its over.

It's amazing the number of "phoney" patriots here, creaming their jeans for the military to come in.

Lots of people viewed in a different light.

Still waiting for the governors and mayors to let the police do their jobs in many of these cities.

I don't disagree, I get the reservations though.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Tampa and Orlando were real bad....

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Sounds like a 'heads up' to looters that residents, who have the right to bear arms to protect themselves and their homes, exercise that right in Polk County in a big way. I don't see a problem with his warning. It's not like he said, "Bring it on!" He said, "Stay Away-- they are armed and they will shoot!"

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Tampa and Orlando were real bad....

Do you have links to what you're talking about?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Nothing happened here really.

In Tampa: Protesters stayed past curfew. They were asked to disperse. They fire what the police called "explosives" which were in reality probably fireworks, and the cops retaliated by launching flashes, and smoke. Few people died in a stolen car.

In Orlando: Much of the same, but with a little more violence. Rocks being thrown at the police. Some dude tried to stab an officer with a syringe (wtf?). Stayed past curfew. Continued throwing things at police. Dispersed with tear gas, pepper spray, and smoke.

edit on 3-6-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This whole thread is an advertisement for this, I am sure sales are very good right now.

SELF-DEFENCE WEAPON
edit on 3-6-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

In Tampa: Protesters stayed past curfew. They were asked to disperse. They fire what the police called "explosives" which were in reality probably fireworks, and the cops retaliated by launching flashes, and smoke. Few people died in a stolen car.

In Orlando: Much of the same, but with a little more violence. Rocks being thrown at the police. Some dude tried to stab an officer with a syringe (wtf?). Stayed past curfew. Continued throwing things at police. Dispersed with tear gas, pepper spray, and smoke.

Was this in the suburbs?

Thanks for the facts.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Perfectly reasonable response.

I'd love to see them try in Red America. There's a reason the leftist antifa terrorist victimizes its own people, because it knows they are not likely to be armed and will fold like wet noodles at the first sign of danger. They'll cower first, and if that doesn't work, bend over on cue.

Whereas Real America doesn't see this type of violence because they know we're heavily armed, and have the law behind us and the will to meet any threat with deadly force.

edit on 6/3/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

Was this in the suburbs?

Thanks for the facts.

No, both were at each cities city hall. Nothing too out of hand, except the throwing rocks, and the pepper spray.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Don't wait until they break into your house. If these terrorists come into your front or back yard, they are fair game.

As we have seen, they are armed and murder innocent citizens from a distance.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
LIKE I SHOT MY SELF AT 12 years old . Because my usless parents did not secure guns and just let me and my brothers play around with them .

Damn. Almost a Darwin Award winner.

Soros and the DNC must be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's right. And with no duty to retreat (goofiest thing ever), you can be at any location you have a right to be (your property and most public places) and respond to a deadly threat with deadly force. (bricks, pipes, bats, molotovs, explosives, firearms and multiple attackers) all constitute deadly threats.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

That's not supposed to be how it works. You're supposed to assume they are hungry or just need a place to sleep. You have to wait until you're murdered to react.

Well if they are hungry, lead is on the menu tonight. If they are looking for a place to sleep, well I've got a very comfy 6 foot deep hole they can lay in. Whether that is before they've "had dinner" or not remains to be seen.

All "joking" aside, I'm not sure if it is wise for the sheriff to encourage shootings... wouldn't that just mean more paperwork?? Sorry I couldnt resist. I'll stop now.

Being serious now, it's a stretch but I'll try, I do agree with the sentiment behind his speech. Protesting and exorcising you first amendment rights is fine. Looting and general violence is not. They are not the same thing, and I really can't wrap my head around the fact that some people genuinely seem to not realize that.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Your point?

It's a perfectly legal firearm where I live, so why shouldn't I have one, if I so choose??

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

Wait a minute. Am I to take it that not everyone is leaving out milk, cookies and a sleeping bag for their would be robbers, I mean potential unagreed to guest.

What the f is wrong with you people, you can leave out milk(bourbon) and cookies(bacon) out for a fat white burglar once a year.

You can allow a giant crazed rabbit to molest your home by dropping in to crap out some freaking eggz.

You can can allow a fiendish fairy with a tooth fetish to disturb your children while they're sleeping.

,but you wont let an underprivileged person of interest do what they will with your property that houses your family ...

you people are part of the problem.
edit on 6/3/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)
edit on 6/3/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Your point?

It's a perfectly legal firearm where I live, so why shouldn't I have one, if I so choose??

My point is simple, people are looting and breaking into peoples private property, people are going to want to defend themselves with a weapon that can be very effective in a house hallway or a bedroom door. Most looters have not been seen with guns, but at 2am in the dark you won't know that.
The American mentality has always been like this "nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure" .... so overkill basically.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sounds like a great Sheriff.

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: jrod

It's epitome.

Just be glad he didn't spell it episiotomy...

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

When it comes to my family??

You're quite correct, I'm, as you say, nuking it from orbit.

There's no such thing, in my book, as overkill in that sort of situation. Threat ended, and only one story...mine.

A lot of people won't like that, but, again, when it's my family?? I'm not all that interested in others likes and dislikes...y'know?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join