It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Two officers hit by car during protest

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Helious
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Not gonna lie but that sounds racist af my guy!

How so??

That's a hell of an accusation.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
All it takes is a dozen dead men in uniform or a couple of major monuments destroyed and the silent masses will cheer whatever authoritarian measures are taken to restore order.

I hope the anarchists enjoy the right wing dictatorship they will create.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Manhattan is crazy right now.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

How so??

You said there are 2 America's and since you are rural you are somehow surrounded by "better on average Americans?

What is that supposed to mean? I'm a pretty smart guy and maybe I'm wrong but man, I think to a lot of people, that is gonna sound a bit racist.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

How so??

You said there are 2 America's and since you are rural you are somehow surrounded by "better on average Americans?

What is that supposed to mean? I'm a pretty smart guy and maybe I'm wrong but man, I think to a lot of people, that is gonna sound a bit racist.

Why don't you tell me why you think it's racist, because I'm confused.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Let me guess.. New York is a Democrat-run Sanctuary State for Illegals and Released Prisoners. Am I right?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I don't get how the havent started mowing down rioters. Showing great restraint I know I wouldn't have.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
I don't get how the havent started mowing down rioters. Showing great restraint I know I wouldn't have.

Because you dont realize how many thousands there are just on the ready. That wont happen. Not without full blown war.

ETA: When your enemy funds you and outnumbers you, maybe do you GD job correctly. Riots are mild.
edit on 1-6-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

Heavy handed enforcement too soon = MEAN SOB

Heavy handed enforcement after 100 deaths = WEAK LEADERSHIP

After enough of the public calls for police/military to "DO SOMETHING", that's when you UNLOAD.

link   

Sure, when you say there are 2 America's, first and foremost, I don't agree with that statement at all, there are not 2 America's, there is one America composed of every legal American citizen living in it regardless of race or color.

The second thing is that "rural" areas are more associated with white people and inter city areas are more associated with people of color. Now look, I'm not some social justice warrior or white knight but man, look, I'm here to tell you, what you said sounded a bit racist.

I think you should focus on clarifying what you meant instead of trying to bully me into stop holding you to account for it.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Sure, when you say there are 2 America's, first and foremost, I don't agree with that statement at all, there are not 2 America's, there is one America composed of every legal American citizen living in it regardless of race or color.

The second thing is that "rural" areas are more associated with white people and inter city areas are more associated with people of color. Now look, I'm not some social justice warrior or white knight but man, look, I'm here to tell you, what you said sounded a bit racist.

I think you should focus on clarifying what you meant instead of trying to bully me into stop holding you to account for it.

Well, you sure read a whole lot a hell into that, filled in blanks(that weren't there) and just ran with it. Good for you.

By two america's, I meant those that still value american ideals, and those that some reason hate america and want it to be something other than what it is. I thought that was made clear, in a prior post.

A lot of rural areas are mixed race, some are even wholly minority, yet the ideals, mentioned above, always seem to be drawn not on racial lines, but urban vs rural lines. Atleast that's mine and many others experience.

But like you said, your a sharp guy, so just keep going around calling people racist.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The people looting and assaulting people, plus people in vehicles plowing into police? seriously? They are outlaws and fleeing felons and should be stopped with extreme prejudice.

This can't be allowed to continue as horrible as it is. Criminals running rampant with no regard for anything.

Never seen crazier days than this.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
The people looting and assaulting people, plus people in vehicles plowing into police? seriously? They are outlaws and fleeing felons and should be stopped with extreme prejudice.

This can't be allowed to continue as horrible as it is. Criminals running rampant with no regard for anything.

Never seen crazier days than this.

Gunfights between radicals and police in Richmond CA and fireworks let off at police helicopters too.

Got this from another board where they’re listening to police scanners.

All while encouraged by the media and corporations. Gotta love leftists who do what evil capitalist corporations tell them.

America’s cities are falling into anarchy. Trump needs to fix this sh!t and quick because the governors aren’t doing squat. Just gonna get worse.

Go too far and the solution will be worse than the problem.
edit on 162020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

My friend, I never once called you a racist and the thing you will find about ATS that's different from other message boards is that people will take you to task for misinformation.

What I actually said is that what you had posted sounded racist and instead of clarifying what you meant in your response, you attacked my perception of your post which by the way, wasn't only my perception, how many others will read that and just despise you immediately.

Welcome to ATS, I'm sure we will talk again but I don't wan't to derail this thread or the OP with further nonsense. Have a good night.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

My friend, I never once called you a racist and the thing you will find about ATS that's different from other message boards is that people will take you to task for misinformation.

What I actually said is that what you had posted sounded racist and instead of clarifying what you meant in your response, you attacked my perception of your post which by the way, wasn't only my perception, how many others will read that and just despise you immediately.

Welcome to ATS, I'm sure we will talk again but I don't wan't to derail this thread or the OP with further nonsense. Have a good night.

"I didn't say you "are" racist, just you "sound" racist......."

Whatever, I get trying to save face. All you needed to do was apologize(because to some, that accusation still carries weight, this isn't the 24 hour news cycle where you can just chuck it around all you want).

Yes, "welcome" to the boards indeed.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Not trying to save face, you're post sounded racist, seemed racist and you didn't seem to wan't to clarify until multiple posts later. I'm just fine with everything I said to you, I'll sleep like a baby tonight and I think a lot of other members that read your posts in this thread will get the same feeling as me.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Not trying to save face, you're post sounded racist, seemed racist and you didn't seem to wan't to clarify until multiple posts later. I'm just fine with everything I said to you, I'll sleep like a baby tonight and I think a lot of other members that read your posts in this thread will get the same feeling as me.

My posts mentioned NOTHING about race.

I guess when you're constantly looking for it, it's easy to find.

I don't get that mentality, thankfully.
edit on 2-6-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Can you two stop. I could take sides but that seems dumb. This is one of those tiffs that nobody else likes. I've been in many myself.

Shake hands, hug, shake other things, whatever.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

See, that's just it though and I'm still posting because I think it's relative to thread and the country. I am the most far right leaning libertarian there is, I don't believe in social justice warriors, I don't believe in white knighting and I certainly don't believe in manufactured outrage. I think it's all BS!

The problem I have with you is that your post maybe wasn't as thought out as it should of been an implied some things you may not have meant it to. Ok, well then, why not clarify that on the following post. I think if you took a second to go back and re read what you wrote and then took a second to put the shoe on the other foot you may understand what I was saying.

I wasn't saying you were a racist because I don't know you, at all and I don't know. What I said was, in my opinion, it felt like what you had said in the post sounded racist because honestly, it did and when I re read it, it still does. Look, it's hard to convey feelings and intentions through words on a screen, I get it. I was never out to get you, I just wish you would have said what your were meaning to accomplish in the follow up post.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

See, that's just it though and I'm still posting because I think it's relative to thread and the country. I am the most far right leaning libertarian there is, I don't believe in social justice warriors, I don't believe in white knighting and I certainly don't believe in manufactured outrage. I think it's all BS!

The problem I have with you is that your post maybe wasn't as thought out as it should of been an implied some things you may not have meant it to. Ok, well then, why not clarify that on the following post. I think if you took a second to go back and re read what you wrote and then took a second to put the shoe on the other foot you may understand what I was saying.

I wasn't saying you were a racist because I don't know you, at all and I don't know. What I said was, in my opinion, it felt like what you had said in the post sounded racist because honestly, it did and when I re read it, it still does. Look, it's hard to convey feelings and intentions through words on a screen, I get it. I was never out to get you, I just wish you would have said what your were meaning to accomplish in the follow up post.

This is 100 percent a you issue, work it out. Goodbye.

I'm not going to defend a baseless accusation and "prove" my innocence.

Read the post above yours, let it go. You blurted out a crap accusation, one that was baseless, which I pointed out and you just kept digging.

Back to the news at hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join