It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Lethal Force by Authorities Stop Riots and Murder Epidemics.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: carewemust

Did you not swear an oath when you signed up for the Navy?

Jesus,
What navy was that?

The greatest Navy in the world, Smurfy. What do you have against our brave men/women in uniform?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

No.

If some looters tried coming at my house, yeah they'd get shot.

But me and my Marines would not follow orders to shoot Americans. And haven't served with any COs that would even try to order it.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Saturday, May 30, 2020

"If a few of the people committing violence (riots / murders) in a city are severely injured or killed by the U.S. military, upon orders from the President, will the riots and murders be reduced?
What about OPINIONS from ATS members? Do you have one on the subject?

-CareWeMust

No.
It may cause more bloodshed and then civilian to military lethal weapons engagement/exchange.
Further tearing the country apart.
Further weakening the country.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
The undercover gestapos worked for keeping bars and restaurants closed during the Covid Crisis. Heck we got Mom and Pop places still afraid to reopen because them since they are only allowed 25% capacity.

Why use the cops...call forth the militias that everyone is scared of...

In Illinois, it was all orchestrated by Governor J.B. Pritzker, who washes Obama's feet when he comes back to Chicago.

Many of the restaurants are afraid to open here too, due to the 25% occupancy limitation, and the danger of putting dining tables out in the parking lot.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Committing arson and looting which has not a thing to do with the issue that protests were for. Blocking highways and accosting people trapped in vehicles behind the road blockage.

Those could quickly rise to level where lethal force may be required - again, on the persons actually lighting fires, looting and those who organize road blockage.

The crowds are responding to the agitators setting up conditions for the violence and should just be broken up and made to leave - there are real identifiable perps agitating these events and they need to be dealt with.

Deal with leaders of violence.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Great post! Unfortunately the overall decline of morals by top officials, doesn't make a "revamping" of the system for the better, look very likely at the moment.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Jesus. No.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Many of the restaurants are afraid to open here too, due to the 25% occupancy limitation, and the danger of putting dining tables out in the parking lot.

Not where I work. Monday night we opened full bore. I bought the house a round of Crown and we saluted our governor with a shot and a giant middle finger.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

It would behoove all groups to not overreact.

I'd be lying if I said I knew what was going on and who's really involved.... But someone on any side overreacting right now could set things off real bad.

If the military goes in and someone loses their cool, there's no going back.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Have you noticed that police in America, even in the small towns look less like police and more like Batman with 30 things hanging off their belt and 16 layers of clothing. For Gods sake, you're not invading another country and unless you work in a very rough district in an inner city, it's just unnecessary and does nothing for public confidence.

People don't want to view or perceive their local police force like military. They should be like sheriffs used to be in small towns, the same as you only heroes because they put their life on the line to protect you and keep order. People you trust, people you respect, people you admire.

All we have now is a militarized police force that "shoots first" and asks questions later. It's a systemic problem that unfortunately can't be fixed overnight but I think it's very clear to all Americans...... It needs to be fixed. Enough is enough.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

After reading the President's Tweet this weekend about sending in the military to stop the riots, if the Democrat Governor of Minnesota requested it, it got me to wondering....

I'm wondering why doesn't Trump just sit down with the protestors, see what they want and make a deal with them, like he suggested that woman from Michigan to do? I'm sure they are very fine people.

edit on 30-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

No.

If some looters tried coming at my house, yeah they'd get shot.

But me and my Marines would not follow orders to shoot Americans. And haven't served with any COs that would even try to order it.

Thank-you for the thoughtful and honest opinion.

I wonder if it would make a difference to our military if a Domestic Terrorist group started killing Americans?

The government is thinking of labeling ANTIFA as a Domestic Terrorist group. I think the MS-13 Gang is already labeled as such?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

After reading the President's Tweet this weekend about sending in the military to stop the riots, if the Democrat Governor of Minnesota requested it, it got me to wondering....

I'm wondering why doesn't Trump just sit down with the protestors, see what they want and make a deal with them, like he suggested that woman from Michigan to do?

Good idea. Obama had a "Beer Summit" with a White Guy who shot a Black Man. And he also met with Chicago gang leaders.

It won't change anything but at least it would give President Trump the "photo op", like it did for President Obama.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Not where I work. Monday night we opened full bore. I bought the house a round of Crown and we saluted our governor with a shot and a giant middle finger.

Awesome. Now that's how you REOPEN in style and defiance.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Allaroundyou
You could be right. We'll see how the public feels if the present riots start taking the lives of U.S. citizens.

30-something yr old white woman found topless, raped, and murdered right in the heart of the riots in MN. Someone reported it as being 3 men.
edit on 30-5-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Trump doesn’t drink...so ice cream social?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Helious

Have you noticed that police in America, even in the small towns look less like police and more like Batman with 30 things hanging off their belt and 16 layers of clothing. For Gods sake, you're not invading another country and unless you work in a very rough district in an inner city, it's just unnecessary and does nothing for public confidence.

People don't want to view or perceive their local police force like military. They should be like sheriffs used to be in small towns, the same as you only heroes because they put their life on the line to protect you and keep order. People you trust, people you respect, people you admire.

All we have now is a militarized police force that "shoots first" and asks questions later. It's a systemic problem that unfortunately can't be fixed overnight but I think it's very clear to all Americans...... It needs to be fixed. Enough is enough.

Interesting.

I live in a small town about fifteen mins from Philadelphia in NJ. Not a rough part of an inner city. Pretty much small town USA.

We had someone kill multiple cops as they came up to a door.. This happened about two decades ago, I'll gladly share the links.

Times the above by all the other small towns violent criminals live in which is pretty much every small town in the world most likely.

In the real world there are criminals with guns that kill. Until you can find a way to disarm waste of resources criminals I have no problems with cops being geared.

That doesn't give them the right to abuse power but I don't begrudge anyone with a tough job from wanting to survive.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I agree.. at the moment, the priority by law enforcement should to safeguard human lives...on both sides. Hopefully if there are organized forces behind some of the riots, they'll be identified and appropriately punished.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

a reply to: Allaroundyou
You could be right. We'll see how the public feels if the present riots start taking the lives of U.S. citizens.

30-something yr old white woman found topless, raped, and murdered right in the heart of the riots in MN. Someone reported it as being 3 men.

Maybe she was one of the rioters?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Good idea. Obama had a "Beer Summit" with a White Guy who shot a Black Man.

No, the white police officer didn't shoot Henry Louis Gates, who is black, he arrested him for breaking into his own home.

On July 16, 2009, Harvard University professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. was arrested at his Cambridge, Massachusetts home by local police officer Sgt. James Crowley, who was responding to a 9-1-1 caller's report of men breaking and entering the residence. The arrest initiated a series of events that unfolded under the spotlight of the international news media.
en.wikipedia.org...

The incident, unlike the Ferguson event, sparked no riots.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join