It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Lethal Force by Authorities Stop Riots and Murder Epidemics.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: carewemust

After reading the President's Tweet this weekend about sending in the military to stop the riots, if the Democrat Governor of Minnesota requested it, it got me to wondering....

I'm wondering why doesn't Trump just sit down with the protestors, see what they want and make a deal with them, like he suggested that woman from Michigan to do? I'm sure they are very fine people.

They aren't protesters. They're lowlife scum using an actual tragedy as an excuse to loot and vandalize. What should President Trump over them? Molotov cocktails and Footlockers to loot and burn down? Yeah, I'm all for sending in the troops and using live ammunition against these thugs.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Trump doesn’t drink...so ice cream social?

Donald Trump and George Soros could meet at a swing-state Dairy Queen. Good idea!

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA
Your post reminded me of the French Police officers murdered by terrorists in cold blood on the sidewalk, because they weren't allowed to carry firearms. Pathetic country.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

We all need to see the distinctive difference between the thousands of people who gather during daylight hours to peacefully protest, from the violent actors that showed up after dark to break windows and start fires. The ensuing looters are also NOT protestors. They're opportunists.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Good idea. Obama had a "Beer Summit" with a White Guy who shot a Black Man.

No, the white police officer didn't shoot Henry Louis Gates, who is black, he arrested him for breaking into his own home.

On July 16, 2009, Harvard University professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. was arrested at his Cambridge, Massachusetts home by local police officer Sgt. James Crowley, who was responding to a 9-1-1 caller's report of men breaking and entering the residence. The arrest initiated a series of events that unfolded under the spotlight of the international news media.
en.wikipedia.org...

The incident, unlike the Ferguson event, sparked no riots.

Thanks for the correction. Then I wonder why that incident even made the National Headlines to begin with? For a U.S. President to get involved, and hold a "Beer Summit", it must have really stirred up somebody.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
I heard on the news that 2 or 3 cities shut down all incoming traffic earlier this evening, to stop the organized looters from driving or bussing in. I wonder if that worked...and those cities have been much "quieter" relative to Thur/Fri night?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The Fraternal Brother of Police Officers Union was incensed that President Obama would insert himself in their public relations, and that this episode had anything at all to do with racial profiling.

edit on 30-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I can see your point of view. I guess mine is this, you said that happened 2 decades ago right? Well, I'm a numbers guy and I say the world is a dangerous place, especially if you choose to go into law enforcement which is why I said those people should be celebrated by their communities as heroes.

It's naive to think over the course of 20 years that anyplace on the globe wouldn't go through some kind of "event". That said, what if you embellished your response every time that happened? What would law enforcement look like in your city, 40 years, 80 years, 100 years from now?

The answer is, it would be dystopian. You adjust as the world does but the fact is, since the mid 80's nothing has really changed with murders or anything else that would warrant the very dramatic change in our police force outside of ongoing wars in other countries that see heavy combat and the hiring of ex soldiers as police officers as they come back.

The people have not changed and the threat has not changed, the police force has.
edit on 30-5-2020 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Did you not swear an oath when you signed up for the Navy?

Post it for me. That was a long time ago!

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States .

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
President Obama inserted himself into several racial issues didn't he? I remember him calling one murdered Black kid, the Son he never had. And referred to the Black robber who was shot by a White Ferguson (Mo.) police officer as a "gentle giant".

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Did you not swear an oath when you signed up for the Navy?

Post it for me. That was a long time ago!

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States .

Thanks for the refresher! That certainly covers all the bases, with what we're experiencing in America this year.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

That was a very star-worthy analysis. Thank-you.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
When i was young in the nineties and used to read and see news about the horrible common violence usually associated with drugs and gangs I used to wish for the army to be in the streets to stop the gangs.

Even as I got older and shook off my hoodlum ways by growing up, I often wished the military could just pop some of the assholes I have met that have been a direct cause of some serious #ed up home and family situations by way of drugs. And people think rhebcities are bad, but what I hear about from people in rural lands have been even worse with criminal rackets dominating over small isolated towns, especially in mountains.

It makes me excited to witness a president that may finally actually bushwick the gangs tha5 have troubled and controlled historically Democrat controlled urban metropolisis. I just hope they round up some of the local politicians mayors and police chiefs as well. This sure seems like a good time for swamp draining from downtown to midtown.

Here is a niCE piece of propaganda that has helped fuel these behaviors.

edit on 5-31-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Posse comitatus, huh? Government official kills another civilian (I don't think that was the "murder epidemic" you were referring to though), and the civilians not (yet) killed protest, so government brings in big guns to kill more civilians... Since we're throwing out the Constitution anyway, let's explore ths idea...

For starters, the National Guard shootings of protesters at Kent State didn't stop protesting. It increased. They just added the injustice of the Kent State shootings to their grievances. As I remember, it was Nixon's election and his promise to get us out of Vietnam that slowed, and then ultimately ended, the protests. In other words, it was actually listening to the will of people and ending the injustices that worked. But I get that's not your end goal here...

So just how much "lethal force" are you talking about?

Obviously, the recipient of any such lethal force won't be rioting any more. They won't be doing anything any more. They'll be dead. So there's one rioter stopped... Do that a few times, and you've got a few. But that's not all of them.

So I guess the question now is really, "Will killing some rioters stop others?" I suppose it might scare off a few... but will also enrage and motivate others... and create some brand spanking new ones to protest the killings of the previous ones. Much like Kent State just created more new protesters. Kind of defeats the purpose, right?

So shall we take it farther? I'm pretty sure we have bombs that could take out entire cities (and everyone in them) in one fell swoop. That would certainly stop the riots... Sure, lots of innocents would be killed and wounded as well, but if we're throwing the Constitution out anyway, what does that matter? We're definitely NOT concerned with protecting and defending life any more, right?

Some folks might like to start with the entire cesspool of Chicago. Every square inch. And the suburbs for good measure! No? Too much?

Well, I'm sure someone could figure out where the troublemakers are coming from -- though opinions may vary there -- and manage some strategic strikes in designated neighborhoods. Just wipe them out. Completely. No one else will care... the world will be a better place, right?

Because we all know that government forces only work for the good of the people, right??? Of course not. It was anything except good governance that brought us to this point.

Government is the problem. Government created these problems. Killing people protesting bad government doesn't fix bad government.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

President Obama inserted himself into several racial issues didn't he? I remember him calling one murdered Black kid, the Son he never had. And referred to the Black robber who was shot by a White Ferguson (Mo.) police officer as a "gentle giant".

Oh! Heaven forbid! Thank goodness President trump never inserts himself in social issues! Thank goodness Trump never portrays angry protesting white neo-Nazi rednecks wielding torches and long rifles "very fine people".

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Trump’s offer/threat was empty. He couldn’t have deployed any forces as such. Not without suspending habeas corpus.

Threads like these are just little subtle farmers ... well, the violence of citizens is not any different from the violence of using our armed forces against our own citizens.

Like in November, when military/police forces are required to insure the vote in the National Election goes the way that Trump wants it.

Or the way a future President wants it. (I don’t think Trump actually has the testicular fortitude.)

“Some folks are saying it’s okay to deploy the Army on American soil.... “

Deny ignorance, not reality.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Nope x 1000.

All further violence and murder by authorities will achieve is to take you further down the anarchy avenue.

George Floyd is simply the tip of a very big iceberg that's been building for quite some time.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Trump is an assclown, fanning flames at this point. You seen this #?

www.reddit.com... ame=iossmf

Cops/National Guard shooting at civilians on their own private property. I can't imagine a bigger violation of so-called "private property rights" than these stormtroopers of death doing their dirty to American citizens on their own front porch.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Have their been any studies conducted to see if Riots -or- Murder Epidemics (in the U.S.) have been successfully stopped, by lethal force from authorities?

What about OPINIONS from ATS members? Do you have one on the subject?

All that needs to happen is for the ring leaders and instigators be criminally prosecuted, and investigations - real investigations - be pursued to determine where these ring leaders are coming from, and once it is proven that they are coming from Soros funded organizations, shut down the organizations and criminally prosecute those true leaders - including Soros himself - as Terrorists.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Which ring leaders through the ones in power or the ones rioting on the streets?

That would need to be a two-way street i imagine.
edit on 31-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join