It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Floyd's death sparks massive protests in Minneapolis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Why can’t they find the officers house? Seems like a “protest” there would be the thing to do.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Are you more outraged by this incident or the daily black on black murders committed with guns everyday in US cities which is out of control. Over 40 people dead in Chicago alone this month.

I'm not happy with either, but I have a fully functional, non-whataboutism, adult brain that can process these two separate issues independently.

I asked which one you were more unhappy with. Seems like you don't want to answer that question. Neither does the media or black communities so you are not alone.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Are you more outraged by this incident or the daily black on black murders committed with guns everyday in US cities which is out of control. Over 40 people dead in Chicago alone this month.

I'm not happy with either, but I have a fully functional, non-whataboutism, adult brain that can process these two separate issues independently.

It isn't whataboutism. It is seeing the complete and utter illlogic of the people protesting.

I am black. I live in Chicago. It is a friggin war zone. We have local rappers making songs like "51 Dead Opps" where the entire song is glorifying killing of rival gang members. Heck, the Chicago rap scene is called "drill" now in that all the music is about rival gangs doing "drills" on each other.

We literally have youtube videos of gang members and their "scores" openly talking about how many people they've killed.

The same people protesting this guy's death in the next breath will say some dumb sh*t like "Free (insert homie's name)" because said homie is locked up in jail for murder.

So yeah, I think the protesting is a bunch of BS. The only time these folks give two sh*ts about black lives is if it is a white cop that happens to take it.

Every picture in this song is the person being referenced in the lyrics who was killed in Chicago. Song is 51 dead ops as the gang is 051 Young Money.

Love the chorus at the end.

"Screw your homies, I hope he dead... hope his azz got hit in the head."

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

If. You were a cop and the person you are arresting has a history of being a POS or was acting violently when you tried to arrest him and he said he couldn’t breath....do you believe him? Do you give up the advantage to someone who is probably trying to escape and could kill you to get away or do you stay in the position of power.

C'mon, the dude was already hand-cuffed. There were 4 officers. If they can't get a hand-cuffed man into the patrol car between the 4 of them and their tazers, then they're incompetent or their training is bogus.

The cop in question kept looking down at him, begging to breathe and writhing under his heavy-ass leg. and his expression as he snuffed the life out of the man made me sick.

I understand that there are dangerous criminals out there. But the cops were tasked with arresting and bringing in a suspect. Period. They failed and a man died. They literally killed him. I don't see how anyone can watch that video and paint this situation any other way.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I asked which one you were more unhappy with.

One I rank a 10 and the other I rank a 10. Do you want me to break down which is which or can you possibly deduce this on your own?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
It isn't whataboutism.

It totally is.

"Cops kill man."

"What 'bout dem blacks dat be killin' other blacks!"

100% whataboutism.

What about drunk driving homicides? What about my rights being pissed away over Covid? What about the fact that I need to paint my house?

What is this thread about? It isn't about any of those things I listed.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Here's the funny on this case: All the videos that showed the encounter prior to the horror ... that show the perp resisting ... are being 404d.

Hmmmm.... everything I'm reading says that Mr. Floyd did NOT resist arrest.

There is footage of the event from start to finish here:

New video shows George Floyd being dragged out of his car without resisting arrest, handcuffed and manhandled on the sidewalk before he was 'murdered' by cop who kneeled on his neck

The same video can be seen on Twitter here

I'm not inclined to watch any snuff films I don't absolutely have to... but perhaps you'd like to watch and tell us exactly where and how Mr. Floyd resisted arrest.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Loss of life is never good.

That being said I will wait till all the facts come out on this guy. I'm sure he isn't as pure as the wind driven snow. That's the level of distrust I have for the media, although, I've never trusted the media.

What kills me is the knee-jerk reaction from NPCs. Lets us remember the untold stories of home invasions and killings of whites when 'bama was in office.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LeoStarchild

The facts of the matter are a cop kept his knee on dude’s neck for several minutes, and continued to do so for nearly four minutes after dude went limp.

No amount of unpaid child support, attempts to pass fraudulent financial instruments, or anything else has any relevance to that at all.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeGee

Watched the video yesterday and yep, definitely murdered in broad daylight with people watching and recording it.

Those cops need to be in prison... well, the one with his knee on the guys neck... anyway.

The rioting is calling for justice I believe.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

So yeah, I think the protesting is a bunch of BS. The only time these folks give two sh*ts about black lives is if it is a white cop that happens to take it.

Bull. Am I supposed to believe that you've never heard of Father Pfleger?

Father Michael Pfleger: Gun Violence ‘Not Just a Chicago Problem’

Were you supporting him and his peace marches? Or just talking trash from inside the safety and comfort of your home?

Father Pfleger holds 1st peace march of the summer outside St. Sabina church

Were you cheering for the good Father or the city officials trying to shut him down:

As state police warn of arrests, a defiant Rev. Pfleger moves ahead with planned Saturday march, shutdown of Dan Ryan

Is it safe to assume that you weren't one of these Chicagoans protesting the gun violence:

Hundreds of Chicagoans drive overnight to U.S. Capitol for gun violence rally

Have you given any support to these women?

Moms Demand Action leads march to Chicago to protest gun violence

Or how about these women:

Moms Against Senseless Killings

Any support for these kids?

Meet the Young Activists Fighting Chicago’s Gun Violence

Am I supposed to believe that I know about these people from 2,000 miles away from Chicago... but somehow you don't???

Or should I assume that YOU are speaking for YOURSELF about not giving "two sh*ts about black lives"?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It's sure good to see you back -- I've missed you!

And thanks for weighing in on this. I always appreciate your experienced and reasoned perspective and opinion (even when we don't agree).

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
Riots are a excuse/opportunity to "LOOT FREE SHIZ"

It's why they start 90% of the time for cover.

This is different. If I was there I would be rioting too. Well I would be out in the street screaming. I wouldn’t harm any businesses. But this was a cop high on power murdering a citizen. Forget race, all citizens should be enraged

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm an old man.It's unfortunate after all these years,these acts by police continue.
They must cease immediately.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm all for a riot but for the love of God, please no more Colin Kapernick. Why God why didn't you take him instead?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yes, I know of Father PFleger.

The reality is those marches are poorly attended relative to the death and destruction in the communities. I never said there are no marches, but that we don't put forth the same energy.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The problem is the militarization of the entire police force... they have these cops so scared( they are trained to be scared) that their training is to COMPLETELY immobilize anyone they come into contact with. Anything less than complete compliance turns into what you see here. Numerous officers ON TOP of a suspect... in order to fully subdue him. Remember these "perps" aren't even convicted a a crime yet( LET THAT SINK IN). C'mon people, you see cops all the time, ON VIDEO, going way overboard for a guy holding some pot or loitering or arguing with the officer. Where is the de-escalation techniques, where are the constitutional rights, where is the less than lethal force? THEY DON'T EXIST..... this is a visual and tangible example of liberalism creeping through and infecting our society. keep voting them in gents..... you will be the next one on the ground with knee in your neck.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yes, I know of Father PFleger.

So you do know that some folks do give "two Sh*ts."

The reality is those marches are poorly attended relative to the death and destruction in the communities. I never said there are no marches, but that we don't put forth the same energy.

Here are your words... again:

People obviously "give two sh*ts" ALL THE TIME, and are trying to do something about it.

Instead of conflating two very different problems -- gang violence and police brutality -- each needs to be addressed on its own.

At least you can give credit where credit is due instead of pretending like they don't exist.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If you rank them the same then you don't truly value human life. Isolated police incidents as opposed to a severe problem where thousands of lives are lost annually. One sparks massive media coverage, protests, riots. The other nothing.

Stopping police brutality 100% is never going to stop. It won't stop because there are bad people in every organization. There will always be situations. Blowing a fuse about it won't stop it. It shouldn't be getting this level of coverage. The focus should be on black communities plague with gun violence.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Can't parse via phone. Ugh.
edit on 27-5-2020 by testing123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join